Been overlooking something on THF
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-04 08:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Na h what im saying is..
Lets say u have 100% TA and 100% DA, then u wouldnt get any multi hit procs at all cause they cancel each other. Lets just say SE *** up again^^

Edit: u can still get DA and TA proc in the same attack round, ur main hand gets a TA proc then ur offhand does a DA but if the same hand gets a DA and TA then neither DA or TA will take priority over each other they will just cancel each other out and u will just hit once. Im kinda tired and english is not my native language so im finding it hard to explain lol but u should get the picture of what im trying to say anyway.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-04 08:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said:
Na h what im saying is..
Lets say u have 100% TA and 100% DA, then u wouldnt get any multi hit procs at all cause they cancel each other. Lets just say SE *** up again^^

Edit: u can still get DA and TA proc in the same attack round, ur main hand gets a TA proc then ur offhand does a DA but if the same hand gets a DA and TA then neither DA or TA will take priority over each other they will just cancel each other out and u will just hit once. Im kinda tired and english is not my native language so im finding it hard to explain lol but u should get the picture of what im trying to say anyway.

Interesting. My parsing showed Da getting underprocced by a lot (by almost exactly the expected amount), and TA only slightly underprocced. Where is this data? I'd like to check it out and see if it's correctly presented.
 Asura.Backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-04 08:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=10&mid=1304385382235733605&page=1
And
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fjob=11&mid=1301954605141608363&page=1&howmany=50#msg1303732906193436722
I know allakhazam^^
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-04 08:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The data posted by pimpchan in the thread which holds the data in question is wrong. Seeing as there are several instances of the parser counting more than the possible number attacks in a round, he was falling victim to a common problem. If you are attacking too quickly, kparser will not know when 1 attack round begins and ends, and will often treat 2 attack rounds as one, which completely messes up TA and DA proc rates.

edit: During my parsing, I used an earth staff and hecatomb gear to fix this.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-04 08:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like confirmation on whether it is right or wrong - if this new model is accurate, inside Abyssea Brutal Earring is actually hurting your damage for instance. It's quite a significant change on THF and WAR in particular.
 Asura.Backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-04 08:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

so you are sure that its a mistake from kparser and if it is is there a way to parse it corectly?
Use another parser or use full hecatomb gear + high delay daggers to parse it?
Just started playing on PC, played on lolbox before so im kinda new to parsers.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-04 09:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said:
so you are sure that its a mistake from kparser and if it is is there a way to parse it corectly?
Use another parser or use full hecatomb gear + high delay daggers to parse it?
Just started playing on PC, played on lolbox before so im kinda new to parsers.

Using a high delay weapon (daggers are usually too fast) fixes the issue. The problem occurs when the animation from one attack round bleeds into the next animation. If you can attack slow enough that a triple attack proc does not bleed into the first attack of the next round, you shouldn't have the problem. Looking at pimpchan's gear, he was definitely attacking too fast. With a 366 delay staff, I needed 1-2 pieces of hecatomb gear to slow myself down enough, whereas pimpchan was using a 366 delay staff and haste gear.
 Siren.Eremes
Server: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-05-04 09:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't parse, so there's only so much I can contribute, but I don't see why DA and TA would cancel each other out. Whenever two conflicting effects are active on a player, 1 effect always takes priority and processes in lieu of the other effect, right? It's like how Treasure Hunter Effectiveness will still process with a Samba active, not cancel out both effects and not process anything. Why would DA and TA be the only traits that behave differently?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-04 09:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pimpchan? This Pimpchan?

Asura.Backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-04 09:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it doesnt make sense at all thats why i said SE must have *** up again cause it sounds like a glich if they would cancel each other out.
Once i get online again im gonna try out apoc, VV and harvester just to check what it feels like.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-04 09:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Pimpchan? This Pimpchan?

Pimpchan can be extremely abrasive but he's also tested a few things in great detail (notably Magic Evasion / Magic Accuracy).
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-04 09:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Pimpchan? This Pimpchan?

Pimpchan can be extremely abrasive but he's also tested a few things in great detail (notably Magic Evasion / Magic Accuracy).

Abrasive, I like that. I hope he's wrong though cuz having to redo builds to avoid conflict between TA and DA would break a good habit.
 Titan.Eiryn
Server: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-05-04 09:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol eva build in abyssea for thf... If you like herping and derping mobs to death, then yea, build an eva set. I use my normal TP set with GH/RR/Siren shadow and do just fine evading NMs as well as doing enough DD to tank. Outside of Abyssea is a completely different matter, but still finding a balance between DD and evasion is key for a thf. I see WAAAAY too many thf out there with sets that push their evasion over any mob cap and kill their DD making them what I call, lolthfs.
 Asura.Backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-04 10:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

U need an eva atma to tank? And u sacrifice apoc for it?
I would rather use a semi eva build with a eva kila, torero torque and ocelot trousers which would give me the same 40 eva u get from siren shadow but i dont loose 15% TA and insta cast utsu every now and then.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-04 10:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Eiryn said:
Lol eva build in abyssea for thf... If you like herping and derping mobs to death, then yea, build an eva set. I use my normal TP set with GH/RR/Siren shadow and do just fine evading NMs as well as doing enough DD to tank. Outside of Abyssea is a completely different matter, but still finding a balance between DD and evasion is key for a thf. I see WAAAAY too many thf out there with sets that push their evasion over any mob cap and kill their DD making them what I call, lolthfs.

^ lolthf
[+]
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-05-04 10:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but I use twilight(for the moment) and triplus. Once I get my AF3 feet +2 I will be using GH/RR/apoc for sure.
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-05-04 10:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

^ lolthf

I can blow any eva build thf outta the water even without apoc still, so I think I am doing all right. ^^
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-04 10:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could make an AGI Kila and a hybrid Eva build with lots of Haste, nearly capped Subtle blow and Evasion
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-05-04 10:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If I am going to make any kila (making my twashtar atm) it would be the dex one, that much agi/evasion just seems like so much overkill on thf once you get past 390 skill.
 Asura.Backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-04 10:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Eiryn said:
Quote:

^ lolthf

I can blow any eva build thf outta the water even without apoc still, so I think I am doing all right. ^^

Aye says the +1 shitkid that uses an eva atma. If u cant accept advice or answer why u think ur doing it better just stfu and gtfo.

Edit: lol dex kila
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-04 10:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest bonus from AGI KIlas is they allow you to actually free up some other armor slots that would've been otherwise sacrificed for Evasion, but seeing how you feel confident with your own build, I doubt it will make any sense to you.

Good thing it's a really easy weapon to make so should you change your mind it won't take you long to get.

I suggest you at least try out some Subtle Blow gear when you can. If you're not too interested in Evasion you can at least benefit from the reduced TP feed on mobs, which will also affect your mages etc.
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-05-04 10:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said:
Titan.Eiryn said:
Quote:

^ lolthf

Aye says the +1 shitkid that uses an eva atma. If u cant accept advice or answer why u think ur doing it better just stfu and gtfo.

Edit: lol dex kila

Ok, so since im apparently pissing people off... I guess I need to clarify something... 90% of the thf that are out there don't know how to equip it, same could be said for most jobs (lolperle). So anything I say is based on this assumption, the other 10% that know wtf they are doing have different builds for diff situations instead of just one build. I never said eva kila is bad, just that i, personally, wouldn't make it especially with all the effort I'm putting towards twashtar. I have about 8 different daggers, 10 different pants, 5 diff feet and so on... Main reason I like siren shadow in abyssea is it gives me the ability to cap my haste, use full DD daggers/equip and the bonus to my attack is really nice too. However, like i stated, once i get the feet+2 and a higher set bonus, siren shadow will be tossed for apoc for sure.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-05-04 10:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Titan.Eiryn said:
If I am going to make any kila (making my twashtar atm) it would be the dex one, that much agi/evasion just seems like so much overkill on thf once you get past 390 skill.

What you need accuracy ...? Build an STR/Atk Kila lol.

Good point, but dex kila would be for situations where im not tanking and have the ability to SA a lot. But then same argument could be said for agi kila and TA... I just don't want to put that much work into something that I won't use when I finish my twash... Again, to clarify, I wasn't making any lol comments about daggers, just about the gear... like say... people still using SH or ohat.
 Asura.Backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-04 10:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got pissed cause u call peeps lolthf and u arent doing it right urself^^ and yeah str/attack kila would be better then the dex/acc one at least atm, agi/eva kila would prolly be the most usefull. If u got the time and play thf a lot u might as well build all 3.
Edit: i just have a agi/eva kila and a half done str/attack kila btw since i really like ***/triplus.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-04 10:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

DEX Kila is lovely on anything you are not capping accuracy on (which contrary to popular belief will happen in Heroes zones and the odd NM in Scars).
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-04 10:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

attack will help with sa damage too >_>
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-05-04 10:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
DEX Kila is lovely on anything you are not capping accuracy on (which contrary to popular belief will happen in Heroes zones and the odd NM in Scars).

^this, I pop out my rapidus for heroes zones NMs.
 Titan.Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-05-04 10:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
attack will help with sa damage too >_>

This is something I have a question about actually... would 9DMG on dagger(9dex) be better than ~24 attack?

Edit: for sneak attack
 Asura.Backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-04 10:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For SA only it would^^