Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Siriti vs. Elemental Staves
Siriti vs. Elemental Staves
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2011-05-03 10:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering how the use of Siriti and Avalon Shield would compare to elemental staves in terms of nuking. I've been slowly working on Magian staves, but I'm just curious if this would be a viable alternative until they're done. Has anybody done any testing with this?
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-05-03 10:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even a close comparison to the HQ staves (Mag. Affinity +2 = Mag. Dmg +15% Mag Acc+30). The NQ staves (Mag. Affinity +1 = Mag. Dmg +10% Mag Acc+20) might be overdone with this combo but it's your choice how you wish to play overall. It is only an inbetween stage so you will have an excuse.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2011-05-05 06:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ariyon said:
Has anybody done any testing with this?

No one needs to do any testing. Siriti is +8 MAB. NQ elemental staves are a 10% damage increase. ***like Dorje (+25 MAB) was still worse than HQ staves.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2011-05-05 16:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
it might beat ele staves for tier 1 nukes but not much else.

Think of it like "siriti is def+100 and ele staves are dmg taken -25%" Sure at low lvls the defense would mean a lot more, but once ***gets going the dmg taken would murder def+100

No. If you pretend you have 0 MAB from any other source, +8 MAB is still less than 10% staff bonus. Adding +8 MAB to any other MAB source is still going to be a smaller increase than what 10% staff bonus gives.

You're confusing this with INT vs MAB. Just so you know, at the 75 cap, +10 INT came close to contesting HQ staves for casting helix spells (25 base damage), but only if your dINT was low. You'd have to have an insane amount of +INT on your main/sub to match an affinity damage+5 staff.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-05 22:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I ask why that even matters? Don't be a gimp and use the proper gear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-05 22:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious. I may start playing BLM again.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2011-05-06 06:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
So your telling me if you casted Blizzard 1 with aquilos staff vs blizz 1 with 13mab+ like the OP stated, the aquilos would do more? in and out of abyssea?

The question was already answered, asking again gives the same results: 8 MAB, 13 MAB, 25 MAB, they are all inferior to HQ elemental staves. The math is simple and the formula is on the wiki.
[+]