Job Adjustments And Additions: What Next? What Do You Hope For?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: What next? What do you hope for?
Job Adjustments and Additions: What next? What do you hope for?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-03-27 18:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who delcares that a job should be "nerfed" should be slapped with a metal baseball bat in the back of the head. Stop QQing all over the place and look for ways to bring the rest of the jobs up and on par.

Requesting a job gets nerfed is basically saying "I suck at my job and am jealous of others who are not. Please bring them all down to my level of suck."

I'm a 75 Rng, Bst, Mnk, Sam and Blu. People bitched about Rng being the King of DD. If they had not "nerfed" Rng back in the day, wouldn't Sam be on par with old school Rng or at least close?

Stop requesting that jobs be brought down to your skill level of suck. Many jobs people *** about are actually good if you take the time to learn it and give it some gear-love.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-27 18:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I want DRG to have a bigger wyvern (bigger than a Galka standing on another Galka), customizable color, shape and texture plus the ability to hop on its back and fly faster than anyone without getting aggroed. I want to trigger Healing Breath at 69% of my HP, and I want it to restore 6969HP per breath. I want a free giant wyvern plush toy to be delivered to every DRG's home when they first reach 75 (autographed by whoever designed them). I want to be able to jump from one location to another, I want to be able to Call Wyvern in any zone, and I want it to make cute sounds. I want it to have an advanced AI and to recognize voice commands. I want it to evolve as you progress throughout the game and wyvern-specific pieces of armors to boost its stats. Oh, and wyvern digging so I can make easy money out of it too.

I guess that's all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-28 03:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Elcfire said:
for dnc they should turn it into the third tank jobs we really need. I leveled DNC to 75 and hardly ever get to use it for anything. D: /emotear

/jealous of all the white mages

AGREED, although I'm not jealous of WHMs, since that's gonna be my second 75 ^^

Anyways, ya, DNC love is needed. ^^
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2009-03-28 03:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BST needs some love - few jugs that can even be merrited to hit 75 id love to see my bunnys hit 75 with full merrit, let us at least quiver our jugs and also CHARM wtf why is it that even in full charm gear its still even possible to mischarm a too weak mob that I charmed as a level 5?
 Ramuh.Whypaul
Server: Ramuh
user: whypaul
By Ramuh.Whypaul 2009-03-28 06:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM i think personally need a bit of alteration. RDM need flash back, a second tier raise and their own reraise. (reraise going by the same pattern as the spike spells double the level).

EN-II spells would be a nice addition, would move rdm melee up a notch and balance out the B rating in sword and dagger. Stoneskin II merit maybe, rdm get phalanx II merit, why not stoneskin.

Also since rdm pretty much live with a staff on their backs 51+ let rdm have a combat rating in staff, even if its E.

Then for a little wishful thinkin i suppose, combine blm and rdm 2 hours for uber over powered chainburn.
 Bahamut.Folant
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Folant 2009-03-30 01:16:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Change the Selbina-Mhuara, Mhuara-Whitegate, Whitegate-Nashmau boat music to that Lonely Island song.

That's all that needs to be done, seriously.

Oh, and leave SAM alone. <.<
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-30 01:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Whypaul said:
Then for a little wishful thinkin i suppose, combine blm and rdm 2 hours for uber over powered chainburn.

I WOULD LUV ON TEH SE FOREVAHS!! It ain't happenin'
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-30 01:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalix said:
Anyone who delcares that a job should be "nerfed" should be slapped with a metal baseball bat in the back of the head. Stop QQing all over the place and look for ways to bring the rest of the jobs up and on par.

Requesting a job gets nerfed is basically saying "I suck at my job and am jealous of others who are not. Please bring them all down to my level of suck."

I'm a 75 Rng, Bst, Mnk, Sam and Blu. People bitched about Rng being the King of DD. If they had not "nerfed" Rng back in the day, wouldn't Sam be on par with old school Rng or at least close?

Stop requesting that jobs be brought down to your skill level of suck. Many jobs people *** about are actually good if you take the time to learn it and give it some gear-love.

^ this :D
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-30 01:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I said this long time ago, in another forum. But I'd like there to be:
1)Key rings, to store all our chest/coffer/door keys, and remove them from inventory.

2)A Linkshell bag, to hold our linkpearls, and remove them from our current inventory.

3)Storable options for 5/5 Homam/Nashira, +1 AF/Relic sets.

As for jobs, nothing should be nerfed, why ruin someone elses fun and hard work? How would you feel, if you spent all your time, money to get a job to 75, just for SE to introduce a nerf, and make it a ***job. Seriously, think before you speak. Don't ask to hurt others, and bring them down, because your class, has had a lack of attention from developers. Maybe if less people complained about what should be taken away, and complain more about what should be added, we'd be in a better spot. I think that all the crying people did about RNG BLM back in the day ruined the jobs to where they are now.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-30 02:03:06

Galvaya said:
As for jobs, nothing should be nerfed, why ruin someone elses fun and hard work? How would you feel, if you spent all your time, money to get a job to 75, just for SE to introduce a nerf, and make it a ***job. Seriously, think before you speak. Don't ask to hurt others, and bring them down, because your class, has had a lack of attention from developers. Maybe if less people complained about what should be taken away, and complain more about what should be added, we'd be in a better spot. I think that all the crying people did about RNG BLM back in the day ruined the jobs to where they are now.

Keep in mind these are called job "adjustments" for a reason. The purpose (imo) of taking a job to 75 is not for the simple sake of it's dominating power it contains currently, but for the fact that the job should be fun to play and enjoyable and it's purpose and style suit your desire of what you want out of the game. You take the good with the bad and stick to a job you love and enjoy no matter what SE throws at it in the future.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-30 02:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Galvaya said:

Keep in mind these are called job "adjustments" for a reason. The purpose (imo) of taking a job to 75 is not for the simple sake of it's dominating power it contains currently, but for the fact that the job should be fun to play and enjoyable and it's purpose and style suit your desire of what you want out of the game. You take the good with the bad and stick to a job you love and enjoy no matter what SE throws at it in the future.

My whole point is, I'm not going to sit there and complain about a job being too powerful, because my job wasn't "adjusted" the same. If they came out tomorrow morning, and made MNK SAM COR gimp(Your mains), compared to the other jobs, would you be saying the same thing? The fun thing about a lot of jobs CAN BE the domination that occurs while playing it. Once they remove that, or make it less than what it was, it very well, can be no longer fun. I tell you, if they made it so THF's evasion bonus wasn't as effective as it is, or made a THF's ranged accuracy less potent, I very well could fall out of enjoying the job. As much hard work and effort I've put towards those things. For my hard work to be wished away by other players who are jealous, upset, or envious, is bull. Nothing has effected me negatively at all. I just totally side with how they think.
Also, these comments are very easy to come from someone who has 2/3 jobs which have had nothing but a positive update in the most recent updates.(SAM+COR)
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-30 02:26:09

I play Monk because it's fast paced and high impact damage from using your fists. No other job is like it. Same goes for samurai, no other job specializes in great katana which is frankly my favorite weapon. No other class gambles for dynamic buffs that vary roll to roll and specializes in guns other than corsair.

These are the reasons why I play the jobs. Unless SE took away the primary function and purpose of utility the job contains I have no reason to complain. Even if SE took something away from them that they felt deemed necessary I'd go with the flow and keep playing it. You'd have to take away alot for a job to lose it's direct purpose or reason of why you enjoy playing it to begin with.

I quite frankly feel bad for bandwagon players to take a class to 75 just to be "king" of the updates and then get their hopes and dreams shattered when something gets changed.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 02:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Whypaul said:

Also since rdm pretty much live with a staff on their backs 51+ let rdm have a combat rating in staff, even if its E.

{Yes Please}! =P been dreaming about that for ages, idc if its even F rating.. i just wanna be able to get skillups on it on RDM >_>
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 02:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeniffer said:

IIRC RDM had cure5, regen2 and flash in 2004/05, but they removed that also.

I cant find any records of RDM beeing able to use Flash when they introdused it in an update, check POL update logs*
But yes, RDM was on atleast the Cure5 scroll, but they removed it when they raied the level cap high enough to use it.
I would love if RDM could get both those spells, but specially Cure5..
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-03-30 03:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

condensed nin tools 1 tool for all elemetal spells 1 tool for utsi sneak and invis 1 tool for enfeebs like para slow blind.

give hexa strike to pld and raise mnk evasion skill and guard proc before shadows like perry and raise mnk staff skill so maybe it be a viable weapon option.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-30 03:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
raise mnk staff skill so maybe it be a viable weapon option.

I think Martial Arts should really work for Staff too. I mean MNK can use one of the best staves in the game and yet they have no incentive since 90% of their JAs and JTs only work for H2H.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-30 03:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
condensed nin tools 1 tool for all elemetal spells 1 tool for utsi sneak and invis 1 tool for enfeebs like para slow blind.

give hexa strike to pld and raise mnk evasion skill and guard proc before shadows like perry and raise mnk staff skill so maybe it be a viable weapon option.

1st idea would ruin a lot of crafting.

dont take hexa strike for whm onry away from us :(

mnks dont need evasion skill with proper guard >.>
guard proc'ing before shadows doesnt make since because you take damage which means it would effective be like a parry but not, and with that activation rate thats unfair ._.

staff.... maybe....
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-03-30 03:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

More great swords, mainly a buster sword.
 Phoenix.Miemo
Server: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-30 03:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:
More great swords, mainly a buster sword.

^This!!

With Bandages on!!!!!
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-30 03:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

they should add a job where the first ~40 levels or so are job traits and abilities that add defensive capabilities, then the rest of the way up start adding offensive ones...... that way maybe it can play either tank or DD on the way up and other jobs and sub it for tanking... iono
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-03-30 04:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

BST could use some means of picking what TP-move their pets use with Sic.

PUP should get the rest of their most recent tier of attachments...and a new frame...I'd say an enhancing/enfeebling frame with the way SE designed the current ones.
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-03-30 06:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see a silent bolt added! Also make steal able to be merited to reduce the 5 min wait.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No more job adjustments anymore

Just WHM, RDM, and SMN

Sorry to burst your bubbles....
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
No more job adjustments anymore

You sure make a lot of assumptions. xD
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, I'm just the breaker of dreams

SE announced that this job adjustment part II was the second half of the job update announcments.

So, breaker of dreams man, breaker of dreams....
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot Square Enix are always so perfectly spoken. :P
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I forgot Square Enix are always so perfectly spoken. :P

They know what is going to be on the update, why would they lie about it?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't need to answer that. =\
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I really don't need to answer that. =\

I think you misunderstand

They knew about the contents of the update before they released any info about it.

If this is the second half of the job adjustment announcements, then this is the end of job adjustment announcements....
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7