Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » are where any WoE ls still around
are where any WoE ls still around
 Diabolos.Kiddo
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-04-29 14:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

you might as well make one, I've been solo'ing for about 9 days (ave. 3-4 hours a day) and am @ 8/30 it's super depressing/boring as hell to solo. I've tried to join any WoE groups on diabolos only to find there isn't a NA one. you could clear #2 pretty simple with 6 people, I'd say find six like minded individuals & go to town.

I strongly advise against solo'ing for the aforementioned reasons
 Alexander.Msthief
Server: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-29 15:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always be that jackass who walks in on a JP group doing it and steals a top 5 chest. I did that once on accident, I didn't realize until afterwards what had exactly happened.

Good luck, I ended out doing a Kannagi because I didn't want to deal with that bull.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-04-29 15:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

how easy is it to solo and clear a zone.. say one of the earlier WoE ones
 Diabolos.Kiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-04-29 15:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

to my knowledge, you can't. you just farm lesser mobs.
 Alexander.Msthief
Server: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-29 16:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The bosses all have something funny and weird that makes 2-3 manning nearly impossible. From experience: the crab NM's have like 100/tick un-poisona-able poison and the slime NM's spam aoe's. If someone knows a way to take down bosses lowman I'm really interested in hearing it.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-04-29 16:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

WoE ls's? I always thought groups were made up of 5+ people and leeches. People don't "solo" WoE; they leech. There's a difference. Can call it soloiing if ya want, but when you're hanging out at a conflux for another group to enter, you're leeching.
[+]
 Diabolos.Kiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-04-29 16:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
WoE ls's? I always thought groups were made up of 5+ people and leeches. People don't "solo" WoE; they leech. There's a difference. Can call it soloiing if ya want, but when you're hanging out at a conflux for another group to enter, you're leeching.

no, you CAN solo, although idk if that's what most do or not, It's sure as ***what I'm doing
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-04-29 17:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing coins is ***. You're looking at a terrible droprate with a low chance of getting what you actually want while also contending with freak aggro and *** mechanics.

Lowman IS possible, though. I've cleared slimes in twenty minutes with four and that's including the sac pull. Good WHM + Good MNK+WAR with /DNC for stuns and it isn't too hard to control.

That said, even with a steamrolling group able to clear super fast you're bogged with a 45m cooldown on entry. You're still dealing with leeches because they are inevitable. You're still dealing with *** droprates. You're still looking at a chance at a chance at a coin pouch.

If you have the means and time to roll through WoE, you have the time to kill Briareus and Sobek.
 Diabolos.Kiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-04-29 17:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lyall said:
Soloing coins is ***. .

see Lyall knows whats up
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-04-29 17:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Kiddo said:
you might as well make one, I've been solo'ing for about 9 days (ave. 3-4 hours a day) and am @ 8/30 it's super depressing/boring as hell to solo. I've tried to join any WoE groups on diabolos only to find there isn't a NA one. you could clear #2 pretty simple with 6 people, I'd say find six like minded individuals & go to town.

I strongly advise against solo'ing for the aforementioned reasons

Personally, I've done #2 with a BRD WHM MNK and DNC. 2 NINs came along after a couple runs and it went a bit faster

#1 (Whichever is the conflux with the crabs) is also pretty easy, but you have to be on your toes. We noticed that after killing the single crabs, a few others will come to the spot where the one you killed died, so it's best to use this to your advantage to navigate where you want the mobs to go. No links are recommended if it's a small group, and the bosses for the area have little HP-- Just watch out for Venom Shower. Should be at about 21' range to avoid it. MNK Tank can use Chakra to remove the Poison effect just like the Krabkatoa battle.
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-04-29 17:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. I was stuck at 29/30 on another set of Glory for sword and ended up going into Crabs > Ants > Crabs on solo WAR and getting a bunch of everything except Glory.

Last night in an hour I got six Helms with one other person and a pair of dualboxes with virtually no trouble.

One of these things is not like the other one.
 Leviathan.Emissaryofdeath
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Emissaryofdeath 2011-04-29 23:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yeash i been doing WoE 4 h2h solo for over 3 months super boring
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-04-30 00:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Soloing refers to farming alone, generally seen done by NIN DNC and MNK/DNC in flux 1 or 3.

Leeches refers to people just going into a zone thats near 'win' and lotting on the drops.

In my WoE experience I got my coins through going with JP groups that invited you if you had your flag up. I was alone, but I did as much work as them. It was all pickup anyway so its not like they went out of their way to build a static or LS.