Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Best Atmas for Brewing with Aoelian Edge
Best Atmas for Brewing with Aoelian Edge
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-29 13:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious about this. I don't play thief much. I wasn't sure if there was something better than the standard MAB atmas.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-29 20:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Would an atma like Gales be worth using for this or should I stick to MAB atmas?
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-04-29 20:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Atma of Gales, due to lack of mostly any good MAB atmas, but Gales is nice and I believe it is one of the best ones for AE.

Edit: Although I don't brew on with dagger anymore, I use Sanguine Blade from BLU now.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-29 20:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So sanguine would be better to use on glavoid? I figure since sandworms were weak to wind it would work out well.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-04-29 20:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1x mab+50, gales, and w/e the one that is tp bonus +sup is called, without the trial daggers im currently working on (int/mab and tp bonus) i average ~1.4-1.6k with no drink or windstorm, without those atmas i hit ~500 and pure MAB i hit just a bit over 1k...so for strickly AE build those are the best
 Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru 2011-04-29 20:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually when I Aeolian brew I use Atma of the Gales, Atma of the Smiting Blow, and Atma of the Ultimate, not sure if it's the best but it's pretty nice.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-04-29 21:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

yes those are the 3 best, ty i couldnt remember the tp bonus one lol its smiting blow...post in a thread along time ago that helped me (i farm using AE burning + my sch friend very very often) MAB increased the WS the exact same as +wind damage but is calculated after one another meaning:
MAB+40 and NO +wind = NO MAB and +40 wind
but MAB +20 and wind +20 is greater than both
..the MAB math is calculated 1st, then the +wind damage is calculated on top of the total recieved after MAB
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-04-29 21:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
So sanguine would be better to use on glavoid? I figure since sandworms were weak to wind it would work out well.
I dunno, I've never brewed Glavoid, my shell fights him without brew. But my average Sanguine Blades are around 23k and my average AEs are around 9k lol.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-29 22:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did him. 5 fights in 1 brew. Wasn't anything fancy, but I'll take it all day. Aeolians were doing 20-24k with added skill chain damage.