Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-04-26 02:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh! one I just thought of is when you draw your sword on RNG and use that move where they find stuff on the ground real quick it will look like you stabbed yourself through the chest.
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-26 02:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yuzumoo said:

Seeing the hands by your side running always makes me laugh. Sorry, forgot the WIP
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-26 02:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
Oh! one I just thought of is when you draw your sword on RNG and use that move where they find stuff on the ground real quick it will look like you stabbed yourself through the chest.

or when you shoot arrows/bullets with your sword/axe/dagger instead when you ra while meleeing
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-26 02:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
draw your sword on RNG

Titan.Lillica said:
sword on RNG

Titan.Lillica said:
sword

[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-26 03:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lillica->RNG 15

sword on rng makes sense to me there
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-04-26 04:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Lillica->RNG 15

sword on rng makes sense to me there

Yeah I never got too far with that >.> Sorry for my RNG related noobness.
 Lakshmi.Hewison
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hewison
By Lakshmi.Hewison 2011-04-26 06:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of another glitch on RNG.
Occasionally if a mob got in melee range while you were shotting the animation would glitch out and you'd be firing your gun/bow with your melee weapons in your hands instead.
By zahrah 2011-04-26 12:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
I may enter this week. I know I have wanted to before, but I have to start entering some time if I ever want to ever see my topic become a reality.

DO IT!!! This and LGBT are in a tie for the two best threads on FFXIAH with me. Fun stuff!
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-04-26 13:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I tryed to avoid the stick figure... I gave up on trying to draw a body this week XD Anyone have any tips on useing MS paint the wana pass onto me?

WIP
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-26 13:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're not good at drawing with the mouse, then make heavy use of the shape tools, line tool, and curve tool to help guide you. also, it helps to zoom in and use grid view the help you.

i use the pencil tool to draw the outlines, since its 1px
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-04-26 13:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm still a horrible artist, but I felt I had to enter this.

WIP
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-26 14:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:

I tryed to avoid the stick figure... I gave up on trying to draw a body this week XD Anyone have any tips on useing MS paint the wana pass onto me?

if you using windows 7, you can try using the curve tool, as you can adjust the line once you trace it, and then move it to the sides if it is a little out of place, the pencil for details, and can try using different kind of brushes (even when drawing with the lines/curves tools)

"Delete" and "Undo" are your friends lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-04-26 14:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said:
Asura.Ina said:

if you using windows 7, you can try using the curve tool, as you can adjust the line once you trace it, and then move it to the sides if it is a little out of place, the pencil for details, and can try using different kind of brushes (even when drawing with the lines/curves tools)

"Delete" and "Undo" are your friends lol

Or something like this.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-26 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
PS2 users only! There's a spot on the beach in the Dunes where you could just walk into the Ocean, being a badass, playing breakfast club song, walking into the sunset.
Actually PC players could too if you lagged at the right time. Could do it other places too. I've managed to fall thru stuff a few times. Even got to where I could kinda do it on purpose
 Lakshmi.Hewison
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hewison
By Lakshmi.Hewison 2011-04-26 14:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember coming across a quote while doing some research online for something else. It was along the lines of "Art is 60% patience, 30% determination and 10% skill". I can't remember exactly what the 30% bit was but you get the idea, skill has very little to do with a piece of art.

Though some may disagree, in my personal experience the thing I lack, and hate most about myself, is the patience to really finish off a piece or fix the broken bits in a picture. I just plain can't be bothered to tidy up an image. It also doesn't help that I prefer sketchy stuff and usually loath rendering in an image.

One friend of mine from college is a perfect example of patience. Over the three years I knew him he progressed greatly in his work. To cut a long story short, what impressed me was his patience to stick with a painting he was doing. He made up for his lack of skill with sheer willpower.

If you're interested in MS Paint tutorials I'd recommend looking on DeviantArt. Here's a link to a quick search result of stuff.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-04-26 16:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

C'mon folks, let others get their entries in before you start saying who you're going to vote for bump.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
Server: Bismarck
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-04-26 16:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
C'mon folks, let others get their entries in before you start saying who you're going to vote for bump.

+1 Bump
[+]
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2011-04-26 17:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm torn between 3 ideas atm but I will draw it tomorrow probably
By zahrah 2011-04-26 17:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This may be really unpopular, but can we add a rule that you have to at least have three previous entries in a row to win? It's a little unfair when people enter on a whim because of the subject matter or whatever. Just saying... consistency would be nice.

Yes, I realize I would be excluded since I took a week off two weeks ago.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-04-26 17:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

if you draw good you cant enter! bwhaha
By zahrah 2011-04-26 17:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
zahrah said:
This may be really unpopular, but can we add a rule that you have to at least have three previous entries in a row to win? It's a little unfair when people enter on a whim because of the subject matter or whatever. Just saying... consistency would be nice.

that doesn't really make sense "you can't enter this contest and win on your first week"

I think people entering on a whim is a good thing

You can enter, but you can't win. You would have to have other submissions from previous weeks in a row. Whatever...I said this idea might be unpopular anyway.
By zahrah 2011-04-26 17:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said:
if you draw good you cant enter! bwhaha

Not what I said, but how ever you want to interpret that is up to you.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-04-26 17:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i only enter when i like the topic and that doesnt happen often lol if the topics were good each week maybe the rule would be ok :P
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-26 17:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
zahrah said:

that doesn't really make sense "you can't enter this contest and win on your first week"

I think people entering on a whim is a good thing

You can enter, but you can't win. You would have to have other submissions from previous weeks in a row. Whatever...I said this idea might be unpopular anyway.
That punishes people from having a good idea on a whim, and entering. It also makes it less likely that new people will enter either.

I don't think the idea is entirely without merit though. I can sympathize with it being distasteful for getting second place to someone who was a first time entry though. And then vanishes again.

Perhaps something less strict like someone had to have entered at least once within the last 6 weeks, or they have to at least have voted a certain number of times.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-04-26 17:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I understand, it can be frustrating when someone enters one week out of the blue and then disappears. I've been doing this for a while now, and prefer to see as many entries as possible, even if I never win.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9