Rudra's Storm THF WS Build.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Storm THF WS build.
Rudra's Storm THF WS build.
 Unicorn.Grimjow
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2011-04-24 02:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious.... what is everyone using in their RS builds?

I see inconsistent damage from some peeps who have them....

So wondering what people have tried that seems to work for them.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-24 02:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

not perfect yet, but close I think.
 Unicorn.Grimjow
Server: Unicorn
user: Grimjow
By Unicorn.Grimjow 2011-04-24 03:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of RS damage do you do on average with this build?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-24 03:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Grimjow said:
What kind of RS damage do you do on average with this build?

In abyssea with 100% TP and only SA, the damage is usually 4-5k
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-24 03:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

att augmented jupiter!!!

Really though alot of the closer gear choices depend on atmas
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-24 03:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
att augmented jupiter!!!

Really though alot of the closer gear choices depend on atmas

Gave up on getting one. Honestly any improvements I could make would be very small. I've been trying to get a dex+4 earring and another N leg abj.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-04-24 03:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

k now what does it do without SA? Only asking cause if your waiting to WS once every min(or less if you for some reason merit SA timer.) then your hurting yourself lol.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-04-24 03:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

str kila/yellow curry bun. RR/Omni/Apoc
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-24 03:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
k now what does it do without SA? Only asking cause if your waiting to WS once every min(or less if you for some reason merit SA timer.) then your hurting yourself lol.
Like half as much
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-04-24 04:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Apoptygma said:

str kila/yellow curry bun. RR/Omni/Apoc

okay but how does it fair against something like Orthrus, Hedjedjet, Apademak, and all the you know.. real ***you should be fighting not exp mobs / mobs that take double damage in certain modes, high numbers on mobs that are pathetic is not impressive, I can go and blade: hi Smiter for 10k, and all the trash mobs around him for 5-6k but against something that's actually meaningful to fight doesn't mean the damage will be the same.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-24 11:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
inb4 using evis when your timers are down.

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:

okay but how does it fair against something like Orthrus, Hedjedjet, Apademak, and all the you know.. real ***you should be fighting not exp mobs / mobs that take double damage in certain modes, high numbers on mobs that are pathetic is not impressive, I can go and blade: hi Smiter for 10k, and all the trash mobs around him for 5-6k but against something that's actually meaningful to fight doesn't mean the damage will be the same.
people show numbers on exp mobs just because its easier to get a test sample, that way you can see what he did, go out and do it yourself with the same conditions and if you aren't doing the same dmg something is wrong with your setup, additionally its also easier to compare the dmg of this ws compared to another ws since there are a plethora of mobs that you can walk up to and solo regardless of your "skill."
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-24 11:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In abyssea it's pointless to use rudra's unless you force-crit it. Evis will blow it away otherwise. TA rudra -> SA rudra -> unstacked evis -> repeat.
 Gilgamesh.Crolion
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Crolion
By Gilgamesh.Crolion 2011-04-24 11:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

here is my build my atmas since no omni yet is RR/GH/Apoc.

my damage on NMs like orthrus briarius (how ever u spell it) and a few others with SA hovers around 3-4K. thats on non weak mobs to piercing on weak to piercing mobs popped off about 8-9K on ironclad when piercing mode was up hella funny to c really.

Edit: yes i know there is room for improvement on slots any help would be sweet also.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-04-24 11:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Crolion said:

RR/Omni/Apoc
Why would you use omnipotent? the +50dex modifier can't be enough to justify the overall loss of damage from loss of GH. Esp. since you will be using evis in the sa/ta down times. Most nm's you can keep near capped haste while maintaining a good enough evasion set to dodge with GH's help. If you aren't tanking then omnipotent completely has no use outside of the +50dex because its incredibly easy to maintain gear capped haste.
 Gilgamesh.Crolion
By Gilgamesh.Crolion 2011-04-24 11:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well ya i can keep capped haste without even trying honestly thats not a issue was thinking maybe omni would add that additional boost to the damage. hence why i asked for info been waiting for a thread like this and am very open to suggestion and u do make a excellent point. thanks wont even bother going after omni now lol

unless we stumble apon it for shits really
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-24 11:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Crolion said:

my damage on NMs like orthrus briarius (how ever u spell it) and a few others with SA hovers around 3-4K. thats on non weak mobs to piercing on weak to piercing mobs popped off about 8-9K on ironclad when piercing mode was up hella funny to c really.

Edit: yes i know there is room for improvement on slots any help would be sweet also.

Suppa isn't doing much for you for weaponskill, should replace it with a dex earring or something
 Gilgamesh.Crolion
By Gilgamesh.Crolion 2011-04-24 15:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ya plan on that after update when i can go smash behe without problems and get my pixie after years of trying for it and no luck lol.

this force pop hnms is gonna be way better get a few items ive been after really
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-04-24 15:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:

Why is this such a typical reaction, when someone posts their WS damage?
Dunno about you but, I but I find myself in Altepa rather often killing dolls and dhalmels, with the capacity to sa/rs 1 shot them regularly.
So why wouldn't they make a good example of what a Thf is capable of while farming?

On "meaningful mobs" such as Orthus... Apademak... and any other Empy Weapon related NM.
I got Atma of Dread on, focusing on sa/ta TH procs. Otherwise staying off the NM, and let my DD's handle taking it down.
Bismarck.Luces said:

Why would you use omnipotent?
Personally like this atma because of its functionality in multiple builds.
Rudra's Storm loves DEX, You can't stack enough of it!
(Yes, your Evisceration average will be lower)
The 10% equipment haste allows you to supplement more dual wield while maintaining 26% haste.
The 10% equipment haste also allows you to supplement more evasion, or add 10% haste to my evasion set in my case.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-24 15:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
Gilgamesh.Crolion said:
RR/Omni/Apoc
Why would you use omnipotent? the +50dex modifier can't be enough to justify the overall loss of damage from loss of GH. Esp. since you will be using evis in the sa/ta down times. Most nm's you can keep near capped haste while maintaining a good enough evasion set to dodge with GH's help. If you aren't tanking then omnipotent completely has no use outside of the +50dex because its incredibly easy to maintain gear capped haste.
Alot of hero nms you aren't quite capped without some acc gearing more than normal tp sets.
Also for using DW acp body and DW belt while
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-04-24 16:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i completely agree, omni should be the best atma against worthwhile nms. Also, iirc, on normal mobs/low level nms it loses to A/O and beats GH. I tested this on kinematics spreadsheet but i didn't keep the numbers (and can't be sure if i tested correctly lol).
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-04-24 16:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A/O is the highest regarding straight DPS, even more-so if you are building haste around it.
Evisceration will also benefit greatly from the +50 Attack. (Evis loves Att in Abyssea)
However Rudra averages will be substantially lower.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-04-24 16:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

omni is better for evis epeen too. It loses to AO on weak stuff because it won't increase our tp phase damage, the bulk of our damage.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-24 16:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah triple attack does so much less for evisceration... stupid hit cap
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-04-24 19:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, decided to test it again. Here is what i got:
Evis High Level Low Level
AO 353.426 435.952
GH 342.269 427.113
Omni 338.730 422.685

Rudras High Level Low Level
AO 356.330 439.279
GH 344.734 426.787
Omni 343.047 427.583

If you want to try to repeat this i used most default settings (hume, sub nin, bison steak, etc). Kept evis as solo ws and changed SA and TA to solo. Twash90 + triplus as weapons. AF4/5 for GH and AO and mirke + nukus + tiercel + ballerines with Omni. Also, currently haste from atma isn't added to our total, so i had to add it manually. High level mob is the default one, low level is a lv 89 with 400 def.
Changed the formula at B71 (gear haste) in Data sheet to (i use excel in portuguese, but i imagine this is how it would go):
=MIN(Gear!$P$21+100/1024;25%)

Edit: added a new table with SARudras dps. I think this is what i saw before with Omni beating GH and losing to AO. Quite interesting.