Such A Thing As Too Much Enmity?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Such a thing as Too Much Enmity?
Such a thing as Too Much Enmity?
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2011-04-14 19:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is, is there a enmity cap when it comes to gear? like how there is a haste cap on gear (unless i'm hearing wrong). This is the set i use when there isnt someone to TA me in exp pt's. Do i have too much? for being a 73 PLD as hume. However based on pt, i'll switch sword and shield out as needed but with each provoke, mainly earrings, rings, neck and feet & waist get macroed in. Everything else changes based on if acc/dd set up or more vit is needed or w/e. So if there is a enmity cap, am i hitting it? or do i just have too much and overly concerned with holding hate for a normal exp pt?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-04-14 19:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the main issue here is that you're playing PLD.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 19:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes there is a cap +100 -50.

Edit: fixed +enmity
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 19:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I hope that is to macro in for voke/flash. Lose the sword and get joyuse on. Get a DD build, use razed ruins and DD atma.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Server: Lakshmi
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-04-14 19:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be shot down with this (mainly due to the fact that when I actually played PLD was a long long time ago).

A good cure swap macro is all you really need. Any additional +Enm will help, but a PLD with a good cure swap macro will always out perform a PLD who doesn't cure swap and sits in +Enm gear.

Not having a go at you, just stating how I played a Taru PLD back in the day. I didn't stack Enm on every piece but tried to have it on as many pieces as I could without sacrificing essential stats.

Have a good balance of Haste/Enm/Dmg- and you should be good. Cutting down on Flash/Utsu timers will help you a heap.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-14 19:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Also I hope that is to macro in for voke/flash. Lose the sword and get joyuse on. Get a DD build, use razed ruins and DD atma.
granted he is 73, i'd use more haste/fascast in the flash build.

You should have a melee set, a flash set, a pdt/block set, and a mdt set at bare minimum
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-14 19:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Schultz said:
I'll be shot down with this (mainly due to the fact that when I actually played PLD was a long long time ago).

A good cure swap macro is all you really need. Any additional +Enm will help, but a PLD with a good cure swap macro will always out perform a PLD who doesn't cure swap and sits in +Enm gear.

Not having a go at you, just stating how I played a Taru PLD back in the day. I didn't stack Enm on every piece but tried to have it on as many pieces as I could without sacrificing essential stats.

Have a good balance of Haste/Enm/Dmg- and you should be good. Cutting down on Flash/Utsu timers will help you a heap.

Actually as level increases, enmity generation from cures decreases. You'd be better off getting hate from meleeing when you can.
 Leviathan.Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2011-04-14 19:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
granted he is 73, i'd use more haste/fascast in the flash build.

You should have a melee set, a flash set, a pdt/block set, and a mdt set at bare minimum
Lakshmi.Schultz said:

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yes there is a cap +50 -50.
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Yes & thank you to these following answers and suggestions.

Yeah i have joy, dd set, a set for when sentinal is used and yeah, most of the enmity is macroed in for cure/flash. glad to know the enmity cap is 50.

as for aby, i don't get invites to aby because of the low level. its just sorta the way levi is i guess. most shouts i see is 75+ for mages and 80+ for anything else.

but thanks for answering, wanted to know what enmity cap is! ^_^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-14 19:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity+ cap is actually 100, but -enmity does cap at -50. Makes more sense if you think about it as doubling and halving your enmity for a given action.
 Lakshmi.Saeble
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bapidai
By Lakshmi.Saeble 2011-04-14 20:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kanican suggests that +enmity has a cap of 100, via this post: http://kanican.livejournal.com/31788.html. This journal contains an enmity table that may be of use to you as well.
Edit: Fixed link, and beaten D:
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-04-14 20:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Iron ram is a great set for emnity and is a MUST for any serious PLD with a MDT set. Also PLD rules the zone in Campaign so aside from time its pretty easy prey to get

Also:

Haste>Emnity for Flash.
Haste>Emnity for Melee.
Haste+HP>Emnity for Cures.
Emnity>ALL for Atonement.
Emnity>ALL for JA.

for reference, my current set.
 Leviathan.Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2011-04-14 20:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saeble said:
Kanican suggests that +enmity has a cap of 100, via this post http://kanican.livejournal.com/31788.html. This journal contains an enmity table that may be of use to you as well.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Enmity+ cap is actually 100, but -enmity does cap at -50. Makes more sense if you think about it as doubling and halving your enmity for a given action.

yeah i remember hearing something about the 100. i think its 50 for the armor/voke and another 50 for cures but i'll check out the link.
Thanks!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-14 20:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Woops my bad, I fixed the earlier post. Full enmity still good for voke though @person suggesting haste. I would use haste for flash though for sure.