Forum » FFXI » General » Coordinating Dynamis shells
Coordinating Dynamis shells
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-03-22 03:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any forums or schedulers or something that are active to help different shells co-ordinate dynamis runs so people don't run into and "steal" each others' zones? I've started a new LS recently for it, and am already running into the issue of course.

Making it worse, several of the shells during my desired time are JP, so that makes the communication all that more fun. I'd have thought this is something that would be well sorted out, but apparently, at least on my server, it isn't.
 Fairy.Wingedangel
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Wingedangel 2009-03-22 04:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxi-dynamis.de/ but it doesnt look like your server uses D:
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-22 04:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithano said:

Making it worse, several of the shells during my desired time are JP, so that makes the communication all that more fun. I'd have thought this is something that would be well sorted out, but apparently, at least on my server, it isn't.

You are screwed then.

There is a website for dynamis shells to schedule with, but that gone to hell and back since the update that made it cheaper to run dynamis.

Now that everyone is doing dynamis, nobody follows the website anymore, so you basically have to "claim" zone 1 hour early, meaning everyone gather together 1 hour earlier than usual.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-03-22 04:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm not one to give up. I'm hopeful perhaps I can push ppl to use the above link (I'd found one or two others, but they'd also seemed defunct).

I'm a big fan of not doing the 1-2 hour gather together, I just don't have time to stand around for several hours gathering, then 4 more in dyn itself.

Thanks!
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-22 17:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've heard the particular methods for working out competition for zones varies between servers. I've seen one server [can't remember which] that has a dedicated website just for laying out the schedule. As far as Midgard is concerned if two LSes gather for the same zone we'll usually /random for it. Some unscrupulous shells will refuse to random and/or steal a zone out from under another group, but for the most part it works well for us.

The most fun you can have when someone doesn't want to /random for the zone is to pull out a hourglass from a previous run and start making copies. xD
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-22 17:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, with all the drama I hear about over stolen dynamis's (Dynamisis? Dynami? lol) couldn't S-E solve these problems by adding in a scheduling function in game? You trade your hourglass, then a calender comes up, you select your time frame, and done. They already have other timed events that kick you out when your time has elapsed, so seems like it be easy to implement (to someone that has never done one, anyways...if this wouldn't work by all means tell me, just don't flame the ***out of me please ^^)

At the very least, an official scheduler site through Playonline could even help somewhat, and the two working with each other would be awesome.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-22 21:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
dynamis's (Dynamisis? Dynami? lol)

Dynamis. It's greek, why would you try to make a weird plural ?

As for you suggestion, have you ever tried to book a date for an online wedding on FF XI ? Well just try and you'll see how first-come / first-serve fails when it comes to FF XI + booking. Having a schedule functionality wouldn't change anything, what if someone decided to take Xar every sunday of every week for 6 months ? Who should be allowed to book first ?

Here, we're 1 week away from April and it's already full... May is already ~60% booked.
User submitted image

Now replace wedding with Dynamis Xar. For the wedding system, they use a lottery, meaning several individuals can apply for a set day/time, and only one will go. I'd hate to see that with dynamis and we cannot do a lottery with dynamis either since anyone could just create 10 linkshell and try to win a certain area that way :x
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-22 22:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
dynamis's (Dynamisis? Dynami? lol)

Dynamis. It's greek, why would you try to make a weird plural ?

Didn't know it was greek. Anyways, with the current way it's done, how is it handled there? Cause the same issues would be prevalent (with the third party website), and whatever solution they have could be adapted to work in game, couldn't they?

Logically speaking, it'd just be nice if there was some official method to doing this, something that, for Dynamis thieves and all that, could be actionable and stop it from happening. I'm sure there are people out there not using the third party site anyways, and this is something that would be "in their faces" so to speak.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-23 00:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The only purpose of such forums/website are to avoid Linkshells to -accidentally- plan doing the same area at the same time, not to protect your linkshell from what you call Dynamis thieves.

If I've decided to go every sunday at 8PM on Dyna Xar, while I know that your LS gather at 8.30PM/enter at 9PM, you're *** and you won't be able to do anything, website or not. Even if there's an official way to make reservation, then dynamis "thieves" will just make their reservation prior yours.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-03-23 01:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn uses the Black Lotus LS forums, and when they're done we use my linkshell (tactics) forum to coordinate our Dynamis runs.

But yeah, it only works to a point. We just had 2 new groups pop up wanting to do Mon/Thurs EST. That takes us to 8 shells I believe, wanted to go in around 8pm EST. It just doesn't work.

We try telling the new groups to pick a new day, but do we really have that right? Just because we've been going 4 years does that give us power to say "we get to go and you don't"?

Hopefully it'll all work out. Maybe the shells hurting for members can engulf the smaller new shells or something.

Is it perfect, no? But it's better than a free for all every night.

Sadly, only NA linkshells use this system (obviously) but the JPN shells are pretty good about /random-ing with us if we show up at the same zone/time.
 Gilgamesh.Notouchy
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Notouchy
By Gilgamesh.Notouchy 2009-03-24 00:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh is just as meesed up with organizing Times and stuff. I had gathered just shortly after an EU LS with my dynamis LS so we were polity and didnt give them a hard time just let them go in b4 us and we voted to wait for xarc to open or Go to a city. We voted to go to xarc.

Well little did we know some Jerk JP LS came outta no where to start gatherin 20Min b4 this other LS was out. Now my group had been wait over 3 hours to enter mind you. And when the zone opened the JP LS traded Glass and entered. Since they were Free Lot my LS got in and got Free AFs via someone Spammin trade and a deal worked out with their Leaders to not lot currency. So in the end it worked out n all. but it was insanely rude to come up after a LS was there in full force and ninja a zone away. I do believe SE needs to make a Scheduling Calandar Online so this stops. But the Leader of LS would have to check in 1 hr early to keep reservation on the Zone at that Specific Zone.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [169 days between previous and next post]
 Hades.Sblonde
Server: Hades
user: Sblonde
By Hades.Sblonde 2009-09-09 11:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple of months ago the JP Dynamis booking site stopped taking fresh bookings, this site has now been made redundent. For future JP bookings please use this site.
http://www.hades.as-key.net/cgi-bin/sch/gmt.cgi?1247317289

Also the EU booking site had a slight change in name dynamis.devs-home.de is now
http://www.ffxi-dynamis.de

I am asking everyone EU JP US everyone to please use both booking sites to stop zone jumping/stealing confusion etc.

Dynamis is stressful enough to organise without the fighting over zone drama!
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-09 12:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sblonde said:
A couple of months ago the JP Dynamis booking site stopped taking fresh bookings, this site has now been made redundent. For future JP bookings please use this site.
http://www.hades.as-key.net/cgi-bin/sch/gmt.cgi?1247317289

Link doesn't work.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-09 12:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://playonline-enix.scam/dynamish.php