Permanently Banned Players Still Appearing On Top Chars

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Permanently banned players still appearing on Top Chars
Permanently banned players still appearing on Top Chars
 Pandemonium.Charitwo
VIP
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Charitwo
By Pandemonium.Charitwo 2009-03-21 22:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

(e.g. http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=291797)

shouldn't be happening i don't think, not fair to people who play legit
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-21 22:37:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Their bar on their name is greyed out and their achievement status doesn't exist anymore. Is their name showing up the problem?
 Pandemonium.Charitwo
VIP
By Pandemonium.Charitwo 2009-03-21 22:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, basically. They can't be a top char if they can't play.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-03-21 22:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"Top Characters" on the front page is simply a record of which users' FFXIAH.com profiles are clicked the most often. It has nothing to do with player achievement or their in-game actions. I'm frequently at the top of Lakshmi's "top characters" list even though I haven't logged in for over a year, simply because people see the red name and invariably click the profile link.

Ironically, by linking their profile here, you are pushing them even higher on the Top Characters list.

(Note however, that before you think about spamming Refresh to put yourself on the Top Character rankings, realize that multiple profile visits by the same account/IP's don't count and may actually work against you. The list clears itself at midnight, at which point the "voting" starts over.
 Pandemonium.Charitwo
VIP
By Pandemonium.Charitwo 2009-03-21 22:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kind of silly, Top Chars by server should be based on achievement. How many clicks your profile get is irrelevant to effort you put into your jobs, crafts, and missions.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 22:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but he has 12/10 BLM and SMN group 2 merits, obviously that's so uber he should get recognition from the grave.

But seriously, how do you tell if someone is banned anyway? Even if their profile is deleted from the LS Community website or whatever it is, as far as FFXIAH is concerned they could have just set it to private. So how do we know they're banned? (serious question)
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 22:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

damn you fast posters O_O

People can look up the highest ranking players if they want, but the top of that list very rarely has any change at all, be kinda boring to see the top rankers on the front page every time you use FFXIAH
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-03-21 22:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still look up "top players" by Achievement ranking quite easily.

However, these lists change very slowly and so would be mostly a waste of space on the front page. The name of the front page table used to be "most viewed players" -- perhaps I'll change that back if enough people want it.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 22:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh change it back, it's not the first time I've seen a similar question to this, and that's what the list actually is.

But meh, I don't really care, I'm on the list a lot because I spend too much time on the forums, not because I have particularly interesting AH sales or gear.
 Lakshmi.Premium
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-03-23 12:47:28

i think it's better being most clicked per day or w/e, then it's always changing, even people who aint pro get to be up there and get a little bit of recognition. It's all fair.

If it was done by like most viewed (total) then it'd just get boring seeing same people up all time.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-03-23 13:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Changed the title of the tables, but do not plan to change how the tables are populated.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-23 13:19:42

People be all up in mah -ish in most viewed for Ifrit o.o
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-03-23 13:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't the "Top Linkshell" on the front page be the same way? Change it to "Most Viewed Linkshell" instead please.