Forum » FFXI » General » What's the point in /Seacom
What's the point in /Seacom
First Page 2 3 4
 Diabolos.Abomb
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-03-21 15:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

now i know theres probably hundreds of know it all 13 y/o run onto this topic thinking theyll let me know what its used for etc, however i already know that, my issue is why bother?
i regularly build my own pt's , due to my experience lvling i find it easier to build my own and cover all bases etc, however if i cant see a good build i'll lfp, and like all good gamer's lfp use every tool at my disposal to let ppl know what im looking for .... /seacom being the most "lol-Valuable".
im on my 64 nin, and i dont particularly like to levelsync due to the gaps in skillups it creates, and often gimps ur job if you over-do it.
so... i put my /seacom as:-
Level-Sync 63+ OK!
Level-Sync Down No Thanks!
if u aint 63+ dont ask "no" is what you'll get

in 30 mins, i got 3x 55 level sync,
2x 60 level sync
1x disgruntled prepubesant youth who persisted to call ME a noob for saying i wont levelsync below 63 ....

aahh venting is so cool, but what does the ffxi population think, ?, im not debating weather ppl should sync 3 levels below or w/e, im just asking, why... oh god why!? would u send a /tell asking a nin to sync to 61 if his /seacom clearly states he doesnt want to... seems rediculous to me ... but idk lol
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-21 15:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That happened to me on WHM once.

I'd just hit 74 and gotten like 150MP in Convert gear at 73, so I'd lose it all if I sync'd to 72 or lower. I put up a /seacom, Level Sync 73+ ok.

Took about 2min to get:

1>>"PT?" "Level Sync?" "52" "..no"
2>>"PT LV23?" "no."
3>>"PT 35 Sauromongue Campaign?" "No thanks.."
2>>"Gather qufim" "...no?"
4>>"LV55 PT ok?" "No thanks.."
2>>"MAP move K?" "... /blacklist"

#3 also proceeded to spam me with, "but we're a fun pt!! it's ls pt and we're awesome!!" along with "you're an ***!!" for not syncing down 40 levels >.>

I then proceeded to turn my flag off, /anon up and afk >.>
[+]
 Asura.Reublucian
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 15:38:58
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

If I want to xp and I need your job I'm probably going to ask you to pt regardless of what your seacom says.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-21 15:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

/seacom is also used for endgame alot.
[+]
 Diabolos.Abomb
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-03-21 15:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i know what it's used for, /sigh knew this'd happen lol
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-21 15:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian said:
If I want to xp and I need your job I'm probably going to ask you to pt regardless of what your seacom says.

Honestly.. that's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE >.>

It just makes you look like you've never seen outside Dunes, where blind invites are actually "ok"

Search Comments are there for a reason, to make everyone's life easier >.>
[+]
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 15:43:11

Hitetsu said:
Reublucian said:

Honestly.. that's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE >.>

It just makes you look like you've never seen outside Dunes, where blind invites are actually "ok"

Search Comments are there for a reason, to make everyone's life easier >.>

Honestly I don't care.
 Diabolos.Abomb
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-03-21 15:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

seacom for me should be the end of it, i can understand the odd desperate pt asking weather or not i'll sync further than what the /seacom says, and personally i'd probably sync lower for maybe 15-20k to help them out if they were nice about it, but to ignore it completely , be persistant in asking repeatedly or get rude with it ... i have no time for that.
[+]
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-21 15:45:09

Yeah I feel you abomb, I'm not a douche about people saying no, if they say no I'm like alright have a nice evening and that's it no name calling or anything lol.
 Diabolos.Abomb
By Diabolos.Abomb 2009-03-21 15:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

just got another ima start naming these ppl,
Wulfgar >> Level Sync 54 PT do you need it?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-21 15:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well, if i have a seacom that says level sync 63+, if i get an invite for 60 i might consider because its only 3 levels, especially if I have been waiting for an invite for like 2 hours already.

Maybe they just thought you'd bend your rules a little if you had been lfp for awhile.
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-03-21 15:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I was on 41RNG at the time and got an invite to a 33sync in Garlaige. I kindly respond with a {No Thanks}. I get a response "Why?" So I tell the guy I don't feel like syncing that low because I have stuff to keep capped. He responds with a "Wow. You are such a *** noob. Your never going to get anywhere in this game." I'm just thinking really? Was that necessary at all.
[+]
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-21 15:56:29

It happens to me all the time seeking on Rdm.
I don't get too angry, except when they start asking the interrogation process.

"Well, if you passed the 2nd grade, you'd read that I said 54+. Qufim Island sure isn't 54+. Have a nice day."
 Fairy.Antigone
Server: Fairy
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-03-21 16:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started SOLOING SMN, I'm never going to use it in a pt because I really really dislike main healing and I just solo it for a couple hrs between events or when I have nothing to do and just wanna hangout by myself. I always put in my comments(PARTY)(NO THANKS), SOLOING.... And in the last week Ive had 2 rude /tells from ppl getting mad at me because I wouldn't come be healer for there pt.... I don't want to in anyway heal, backup or other wise that's why I'm not looking for a pt I don't wanna be anon either. I don't mind so much that they ignore the /seacom but when I /tell (no thanks) I don't understand the angry replies....
[+]
 Bahamut.Vette
Server: Bahamut
user: Vette
By Bahamut.Vette 2009-03-21 17:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm... i usually solo my jobs to keep my skills up w/ my lvl. but i've had times where this was an issue. /seacom is there for a reason, ppl read it. it states they will not go below a certian lvl on sync ptys. plz respect it. and the name callin when there invite is refused. well, thats just childish. ppl who give me crap get added to my /blist. (SE, i need more room for my /blist.)

if u can't form a pty w/ ppl. FoV books are there for solo/duo purposes. pick up some xp/gil while ur waiting. its better than nuthin.

When ppl do this childish crap. ignore it. u can go about ur business while they waste time in the dunes or qufilm island.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-21 17:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't read search comments, I don't think. So to answer the question, absolutely none!
[+]
 Siren.Enko
Server: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-03-23 08:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Vette said:
hmmm... i usually solo my jobs to keep my skills up w/ my lvl. but i've had times where this was an issue. /seacom is there for a reason, ppl read it. it states they will not go below a certian lvl on sync ptys. plz respect it. and the name callin when there invite is refused. well, thats just childish. ppl who give me crap get added to my /blist. (SE, i need more room for my /blist.)

if u can't form a pty w/ ppl. FoV books are there for solo/duo purposes. pick up some xp/gil while ur waiting. its better than nuthin.

When ppl do this childish crap. ignore it. u can go about ur business while they waste time in the dunes or qufilm island.

Yep, I hear all of that, however, if you were desperate and ya started with something along the lines of

"Sorry to disturb you, I understand your sync requirements, however if you would considder it we ar syncing xx"

and a thank you afterwards if the answer is no. I wouldn't be offended in those circustances and have sometimes synced lower that i wanted given a civil request.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-23 08:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
People don't read

Fixed.
[+]
 Remora.Mitsurughy
Server: Remora
user: EnricO
By Remora.Mitsurughy 2009-03-23 09:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I do read the comments, and yes sometimes i ask even if /seacom is saying a higher level synce that our level.

Reasons? at leas i know that person want to party and i couldnt find anyone else. This is not bothering just trying to make party.
Also, Idont see the reason of beeing rude from the other side? say no and its ok. I just did ask a question, not robbed your MH or w/e.

Got someone yesterday saying yes, than messing with me in /tell. while the party was waitingand took 10 min to figure out he was messing on purpose... Just say no, there are still ppl who want to enjoy a game, no need to play martyr because someone actually talked to you...
[+]
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-03-23 09:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the day your /seacom showed you knew what you were doing. If you have 5 NIN lfp in a level group and one of them had that green dot next to their name they were getting the invite. Not that is showed they had any ability to tank, but it showed they invested some time to understanding a game mechanic that others might not have.

I personally don't have much of a problem with level sync. Once in a while I'll get an invite on my lvl 70+ job for the dunes; but they are few and far between. Typically I get parties in East Ronf. [S] -- which I will never complain about -- or parties that are close to me level.

I don't think the problem is as much with not reading the /seacom as much as in the lack of etiquette and protocol when finding members of a level sync party. You just shouldn't ask a level 74 to sync to level 11; at least one that isn't a friend or a Puppetmaster. I'm sure you jumped over 20-30 people who could easily fill that role and would accept. Start close to your level and then branch out slowly (try every 5 levels). If you are getting to the point when you are asking a stranger to sync down 50+ levels, you might want to think about running 5 players for a while til something pops.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-23 09:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitsurughy said:
I do read the comments, and yes sometimes i ask even if /seacom is saying a higher level synce that our level.

Reasons? at leas i know that person want to party and i could find anyone else. This is not bothering just trying to make party.
Also, Idont see the reason of beeing rude from the other side? say no and its ok. I just did ask a question, not robbed you MH or w/e.

Got someone yesterday saying yes, than messing with me in /tell. while the party was waiting. Just say no, there are still ppl who want to enjoy a game, no need to play martyr because someone actually talked to you...

There's really no need for rudeness on either end. As annoying as it is to be asked to party when you're CLEARLY not looking for one, it wouldn't be so bad if people would just accept no and move on. But the issue is that a lot of people tend to push the issue a little far...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Celest
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Celest 2009-03-23 09:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Reublucian, I'll invite anyone no matter what their level sync comment says to an extent. If they say level sync 65+ OK then if I'm 60 I'm gonna send them a tell asking if 60 is ok. 9/10 times it is. If it's a 25-30 level gap I still might ask because usually it won't harm their skills anymore than the 3 level gap. If they say no... then I politely say thank you and leave them alone. I don't think asking is a crime though, if you don't want to then simply say no.
[+]
 Fairy.Crixa
Server: Fairy
user: Crixa
By Fairy.Crixa 2009-03-23 09:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

{/seacom} {Please check it.}
[+]
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2009-03-24 17:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Enko said:
Yep, I hear all of that, however, if you were desperate and ya started with something along the lines of

"Sorry to disturb you, I understand your sync requirements, however if you would considder it we ar syncing xx"

and a thank you afterwards if the answer is no. I wouldn't be offended in those circustances and have sometimes synced lower that i wanted given a civil request.

When was the last time YOU tried forming a party? I don't know how things work on your server, but when I'm trying to find people, a good chunk of my tells get no response. Yes, even to people who have their seeking flag up. Who wants to take the time to write a freaking novel just to invite someone?

I've seen several people who say {Level Sync} 55+, but if you ask them "are you looking for 55+ to keep your skills capped or because of the exp/hour in Sanction areas?", 9 our of 10 people will respond that it's for the exp/hour. There's still plenty of people who don't know about the East Ron{S} camp.
[+]
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-24 17:57:17

Cymmina said:
Enko said:

When was the last time YOU tried forming a party? I don't know how things work on your server, but when I'm trying to find people, a good chunk of my tells get no response. Yes, even to people who have their seeking flag up. Who wants to take the time to write a freaking novel just to invite someone?

I've seen several people who say {Level Sync} 55+, but if you ask them "are you looking for 55+ to keep your skills capped or because of the exp/hour in Sanction areas?", 9 our of 10 people will respond that it's for the exp/hour. There's still plenty of people who don't know about the East Ron{S} camp.

Lol I usually take the time to ask people nicely regardless of what their Seacom says, I almost never get a no either. Taking your time and being courteous gets you places.
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
Server: Gilgamesh
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2009-03-24 18:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone too inept to read and understand clearly obvious search comments deserves to be insulted. Much like you wont go to McDonalds asking for a gourmet steak dinner, don't ask people whos comments say a certain thing.

As far as it being an xp/hr requirement, I'll take any PT. I've seen parties that looked good on paper turn out to being utter garbage because the players gear was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, or no one knew how to play (that includes Leypoint camp)...on that same token I've been in a couple parties where I was expecting to pafk and play xbox cause I went in expecting 2/hr to actually put out something good.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-03-24 18:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night while flagged up in dynamis sandy with a /seacom saying to basically bugger off (politely) I got asked 3 times by Senshi to exp -_-. His excuse was "But I'm spamming all the BRD with this!" Sad at best, especially when it takes all of 2 seconds to see that I have a green dot next to my name so there could be something important, and seeing that I'm in dynamis might be a good time to realize that I wouldn't want to exp in pt with some moron I don't know. x_x
/rantoff ; ; lol

On the subject of seacoms though, I really think they're there for a reason and I can't stand people who are too damn stupid to read or take note of what's in them, THEN get pissy at you for not wanting to do as they ask. x_x; /bangs head against wall D:
[+]
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-24 18:39:35

Israfel said:
Last night while flagged up in dynamis sandy with a /seacom saying to basically bugger off (politely) I got asked 3 times by Senshi to exp -_-. His excuse was "But I'm spamming all the BRD with this!" Sad at best, especially when it takes all of 2 seconds to see that I have a green dot next to my name so there could be something important, and seeing that I'm in dynamis might be a good time to realize that I wouldn't want to exp in pt with some moron I don't know. x_x
/rantoff ; ; lol

He's working with the rmt bots!!
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-03-24 18:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL XD atleast the bots have a good excuse for the spam, they're 'trying' (Keyword TRY) to run a business, senshi has no excuse for his stupidity
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-24 18:47:24

hahaha =P
First Page 2 3 4