Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-15 11:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Been playing the game for the past 30 minutes and it looks all sorts of glorious!

The music is great too!

I may also already be onto something regarding hunting for shiny pokemon, need to test it a bit more.
Not sure if it's been mentioned by the game is apparently coded so Pokemon too high for you to catch can't be shiny, only ones you can catch. A data miner pointed this out after looking into some of the code.

Nah, had nothing to do with the wild area. Apparently, if you battle/catch a certain species, if you run into a grassy area and see a ! with something moving around, it's the same species. I got up to Chain 13 on Nickits until I accidentally ran into a Rookidee.

I did already snag a shiny, though. Fishing in the wild area I caught a shiny Goldeen.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-15 11:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
So far so good, the dynamax raids are a nice addition.

Only issue I've noticed are the significant FPS drops in the big wild areas.

I haven't noticed anything. Occasionally, other trainers (I'm assuming they're live people also playing the game online?) will suddenly disappear or move around as if their connection is bad and/or laggy.

But other than that, the game works flawlessly, at least for me.

However, it would be interesting to know if those who are experiencing FPS drops have digital copies or physical copies?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-15 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So far so good, the dynamax raids are a nice addition.

Only issue I've noticed are the significant FPS drops in the big wild areas.

I haven't noticed anything. Occasionally, other trainers (I'm assuming they're live people also playing the game online?) will suddenly disappear or move around as if their connection is bad and/or laggy.

But other than that, the game works flawlessly, at least for me.

However, it would be interesting to know if those who are experiencing FPS drops have digital copies or physical copies?
Not sure if they changed the hardware significantly but the model might be relevant if so.

I noticed some slight differences between my Day 1 using digital (hacked) games and my 2019 one.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-15 14:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In my case it's a digital copy.

That may explain it. I have a physical copy and I'm not experiencing any of the issues you're experiencing with your digital copy.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2019-11-15 14:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with my last post, I caved and got it. A few hours in and it is great so far. Major props to the super clean UI of the game. My 1st experience in the wild area had me running away scared, akin to fighting the dinosaur in the starting area of FF12... That being said, be careful wild area pokemons can wipe a new player starting out... and that is AMAZING and adds to the adventure.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-15 14:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
Even with my last post, I caved and got it. A few hours in and it is great so far. Major props to the super clean UI of the game. My 1st experience in the wild area had me running away scared, akin to fighting the dinosaur in the starting area of FF12... That being said, be careful wild area pokemons can wipe a new player starting out... and that is AMAZING and adds to the adventure.

I also like that you can get TMs from Max Raid Battles for free.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-15 14:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this new pokemon is amazing. I was so excited to find a wild Glalie only to find out it's level 46 and it kicked my poor Drizzle's *** lol. Loving sword/shield atm.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-15 14:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I also like that you can get TMs from Max Raid Battles for free.
TR are one time use, but they have most of the good moves. TMs have weaker ones but have infinite use.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-15 15:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

game has been fun so far.
Wild are is slightly laggy, but nothing unbearable.
By Draylo 2019-11-15 15:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly why Nintendo, and gamefreak, can get away with doing whatever the hell they want. Yall will support them and their lazy decisions, what a world we live in.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2019-11-15 16:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Exactly why Nintendo, and gamefreak, can get away with doing whatever the hell they want. Yall will support them and their lazy decisions, what a world we live in.

I didn’t arrive at my decision lightly, As I stated before everything else: I have been looking forward to the game. Do I agree with how PR was handled, no? However As a programmer and professional myself I know the development team, the artists, etc are not responsible for the call the higher ups make. As a Marine I know that shizzle ALL too well. The game is great so far, my concerns are quelled and I feel my purchase was well made.

Now quite frankly in return, I can’t care less how you believe I should spend or should not spend my hard earned money, thank you though.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-15 16:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

In my case it's a digital copy.
Are you using a cheap or high speed microsd?
By Draylo 2019-11-15 16:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care at all how you spend your money, not sure where you got that from. I just found it funny you complained at all, then later lowered your pants for Nintendo to hand it all up. Then later wonder why nothing changes, that's why. Personally has no impact on me how you spend it, but I just find it funny is all.

Also, you're saying you should support a product no matter what because despite what big conscious important choices went into its design and final product, there were people that created art and other things and we should support them? ok.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2019-11-15 16:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I don't care at all how you spend your money, not sure where you got that from. I just found it funny you complained at all, then later lowered your pants for Nintendo to hand it all up. Then later wonder why nothing changes, that's why. Personally has no impact on me how you spend it, but I just find it funny is all.

Also, you're saying you should support a product no matter what because despite what big conscious important choices went into its design and final product, there were people that created art and other things and we should support them? ok.

I never said to support a product no matter what. Im looking at things objectively from all different angles. Things are not black and white like that so to speak. Per your posts I can already tell you have some sort of bias against nintendo. I have been having fun with every single 1st party game I have bought so far for my switch which lend to my decision towards buying the game. Whether or not that constitutes pulling down my pants for a company, I leave that to your opinion which Im sure from your crude and aggressive tone will remain unchanged. Thanks for the chat and keeping me entertained during these boring few minutes of standing by at work.

Now back to Pokemon, all Kanto starters are in the game, just found out.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-15 17:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nintendo is one of the most greedy companies in tbe gaming world but they have such a ferverant fan base that they get away with anything. I don't hate their games as i own many, i just found it funny and pointed it out. Enjoy it for sure, just the way the world works i guess.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-16 15:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I noticed the FPS drop in the Wild Area now. Seems to only happen when I'm online when there are multiple other players showing up on screen.

If I'm playing the game offline, I have no issues.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2019-11-16 17:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

After watching a stream...I kinda want Sw/Sh now. A lot of the complaints were valid, others were blown out of proportion.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-16 18:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

After watching a stream...I kinda want Sw/Sh now. A lot of the complaints were valid, others were blown out of proportion.

This is so true.
I heard so much negativity about this game, but after playing it and having a good chunk of playtime, it's one of my favourite games since Ruby/Saphhire.

The reviews made it sound worse than Sun/Moon and that was a disaster and a waste of money.
By Viciouss 2019-11-16 19:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just the honeymoon phase. Nintendo fans don't have a great history of voting with their wallets, and Nintendo knows that, so they just make games with strong opening acts and if it peters out in the end, oh well, we got your money! They have gotten away with making quite a few barebones games in the last couple of years (Mario Party, Mario Tennis) by doing just that. I'm not saying Pokemon is barebones, but it seems like its following that same track.
By Josiahafk 2019-11-16 23:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"The whole planet yesterday"

By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-16 23:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

what would be the best Nature for a Ponyta?
base
HP  65
Atk  100
Def  70
Sp.Atk  80
Sp.Def  80
Speed  105

SP.Atk+ or Atk+, with Def- .. or speed- ?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-16 23:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

all your good attacks are special attack, so special + and def -, which would allow you to use something like mega horn for extra coverage move
[+]
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-17 00:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

not even trying, found this.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-17 00:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
what would be the best Nature for a Ponyta?
base
HP  65
Atk  100
Def  70
Sp.Atk  80
Sp.Def  80
Speed  105

SP.Atk+ or Atk+, with Def- .. or speed- ?

With Galarian Ponyta being a Psychic type, I'd run either a Modest nature or a Timid nature.

Modest is Sp. Atk+, Atk-
Timid is Speed+, Atk-

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-11-17 12:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
This makes up for Meowth's terrible Alolan form.

I want one right meow.

I am running one, he is great
By Rips 2019-11-18 11:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone be willing to take mercy on me and trade me a sobble and a Grooky? I'm just going through the main game and it would be nice to have them. Please let me know! ^^
First Page 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226