Has Anybody Thought Of This?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Has anybody thought of this?
Has anybody thought of this?
First Page 2
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-03-15 01:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized something. If the server is down for more than 3 days, which it will be, the Auction house will be completely empty, nada zilch! here comes the full delivery boxes of returned items. ; ;

Has it ever done that in the history in the game?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-15 01:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I removed all of my items from the AH as I didn't want to risk losing the 5M I had up. I doubt that anything ominous would have happened, but why take the risk? No one gonna be on to buy em anyways.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-03-15 02:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

makes you wonder how quickly people will put the average selling items back up, since the last one entered is the first one out. (worst idea ever)
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-15 02:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can items and gil stay in a delivery box for an indefinite amount of time?
By Artemicion 2011-03-15 02:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:

Yes.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-15 02:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Yes.

Good. I didn't get chance to log in before the servers went down and I had some gil from AH sales in my db.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-03-15 02:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we even sure time is passing on the servers since they were shut down? I thought it would work out like the day they turn the servers on will be the same vana' diel day as when they turned them off but idk.
 Cerberus.Dierdren
Server: Cerberus
user: Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2011-03-15 02:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that might happen is those servers that were going to be merged get merged before they repower the servers up. Only then would you lose all your items in the delivery box.

Its still too soon to tell what's going to happen in Japan and in Vanadiel. Only time will tell.

According to the Power companies in Japan they will be starting rolling blackouts in Japan tomorrow.

Nothing else has been confirmed.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2011-03-15 02:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dierdren said:
The only thing that might happen is those servers that were going to be merged get merged before they repower the servers up. Only then would you lose all your items in the delivery box.

Its still too soon to tell what's going to happen in Japan and in Vanadiel. Only time will tell.

According to the Power companies in Japan they will be starting rolling blackouts in Japan tomorrow.

My guess is that the server merge can't (and won't) happen with the servers down. Now, I am not from SE, so don't quote me, but I am pretty sure we are all ok when it comes to our DB items.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-03-15 02:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure it's gonna be atleast another 3-4 week offline as they're having so many problems right now in japan. But yea, there will be nothing on the ah when we log back in. only thing we'll see is some dead plants and a few extra stones.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2011-03-15 03:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
I'm sure it's gonna be atleast another 3-4 week offline as they're having so many problems right now in japan. But yea, there will be nothing on the ah when we log back in. only thing we'll see is some dead plants and a few extra stones.

Well, with things 100% shut down, you think that time will even pass for plants to die and stones to accumulate?
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-03-15 03:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dierdren said:

a server merge is done manually. it cant merge itself, especially without power lol.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-03-15 03:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:

Well, with things 100% shut down, you think that time will even pass for plants to die and stones to accumulate?
Yea, vana'del time is linked with earth time. when servers are back on, it will update itself to the time it should be at also updating the amount of stones you will recieve, plants and ah items
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2011-03-15 03:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Bahamut.Eorphere said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:

Yea, vana'del time is linked with earth time. when servers are back on, it will update itself to the time it should be at also updating the amount of stones you will recieve, plants and ah items

Well that is good for me, lol. I have no plants atm, and would love the 21 stones each week.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-03-15 03:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Bahamut.Eorphere said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:

I can definitely confirm this, at least for stones, because I deleted my character in September. When I recovered it in January, I had 195 stones saved up.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2011-03-15 03:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Bahamut.Eorphere said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:

I can definitely confirm this, at least for stones, because I deleted my character in September. When I recovered it in January, I had 195 stones saved up.

Well, that is a bit different because the servers weren't down. I think that the point is that the time links with earth time and sets itself accordingly. Not necessarily the same as reactivating a character.
 Cerberus.Shogunazzazzin
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shogunazzazzin 2011-03-15 03:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Half the japanese player base wont return for many many months, if they return at all having lost homes and ***. So expect less items up for sale, and less crowded servers, making all this server merge little less likely since nature solved the ingame over population problem.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-15 03:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shogunazzazzin said:
Half the japanese player base wont return for many many months, if they return at all having lost homes and ***. So expect less items up for sale, and less crowded servers, making all this server merge little less likely since nature solved the ingame over population problem.

I think they were merging servers due to dwindling populations, not over-population.
By Shogunazzazzin 2011-03-15 03:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually you right, I had my server in mind when I typed that. But yea I dont expect to see half the japanese players come back for a longtime.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2011-03-15 03:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:

I think they were merging servers due to dwindling populations, not over-population.

Right. If anything, we might see more merges than what we already expect. It is horrible to even think about, but that is more likely than no server merge.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-03-15 03:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope everything will get better over there soon. now they are having reactors leaking out radiation. ; ;
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-15 03:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
I just hope everything will get better over there soon. now they are having reactors leaking out radiation. ; ;

More trouble at Fukushima? Last I heard Reactor 2 had gone up, but I couldn't find any solid reports on the damage.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-15 04:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a third explosion, and radiation levels are now harmful to human health.

"Radiation from Japan's quake-stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has reached harmful levels, the government says.

The warning comes after the plant was rocked by a third blast which appears to have damaged one of the reactors' containment vessels for the first time.

If it is breached, there are fears of more serious radioactive leaks.

Officials have extended the danger zone, warning residents within 30km (18 miles) to evacuate or stay indoors.

The crisis was sparked by a 9.0-magnitude quake and tsunami on Friday."
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-15 04:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
There was a third explosion, and radiation levels are now harmful to human health.

"Radiation from Japan's quake-stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has reached harmful levels, the government says.

The warning comes after the plant was rocked by a third blast which appears to have damaged one of the reactors' containment vessels for the first time.

If it is breached, there are fears of more serious radioactive leaks.

Officials have extended the danger zone, warning residents within 30km (18 miles) to evacuate or stay indoors.

The crisis was sparked by a 9.0-magnitude quake and tsunami on Friday."

That was Reactor 2, and they thought the containment vessel had been compromised right?

I wonder why a reactor who's backup was running the longest, suffered the worst damage.
By Pooman 2011-03-15 04:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait to log back on and see that the beastmen own absolutely everything.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-15 04:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohnoes, this thread is gonna make it to a page 2...
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-15 04:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think half the japanese player base lives in the north east of japan, so "most" didn't lose homes. I'd presume most live in the big cities (where it's less rural, more chances of having computers and extra money and ***) like toyko, kyoto, sapporo, and osaka, which out of all of them, I think only tokyo was affected a little (maybe sapporo, idr how far it's from the area, though I haven't heard anything in the news about it) and little of the people who play ffxi in tokyo probably lost their home.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-03-15 13:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said:
I can't wait to log back on and see that the beastmen own absolutely everything.
Hmm so if this is the case, will there be a shortage on crystals once they get sold? will be relying on clusters until next tally.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-15 13:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this has been covered, but why does anyone assume that anything is still going on, like items being automatically removed from AH due to expired time, or NM windows being reset, and so on?

The servers are shut off, what's to say that "game time" isn't simply suspended at the moment and will continue where it left off once the servers come back up?
[+]
First Page 2