Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Abyssea VNM III: Maere
Abyssea VNM III: Maere
By Warviper 2011-03-10 10:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got some low-man strategy tips for this guy?
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Maere

I basically have THF or MNK (both with 4000+ HP) and a RDM
+ a BRD, RDM or SMN at my disposal (total = 3 chars) but i'm not sure thats enough to take him down?

- Anyone knows if poison pots works to wake me up from Nightmare?

- Anyone know if Maere takes reduced dmg from physical attacks?

Regards
Viper

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-03-10 11:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A cure wakes me up right?

PS thnx for a quick reply - answering some of my questions :) :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-10 11:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Far as I can remember, Nightmare has a chance to not be woken up at all via cures/being hit, been a while since Ive touched a Diabolos mob though. :x
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-03-11 01:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did the NM and it didnt trouble us really with the following setup.:

THF + NIN co-tanking with a WHM and a RDM support for Erase and Cures.

My THF has close to 4K HP with a mix of Eva and HP gear and was never in danger of dying or anything.

The NIN had about 2.5K HP and dropped to about 800HP a few times when Maere did a certain TP move (cant remember which one) but overall no deaths and no dangerous situations.
 Bismarck.Goldey
Server: Bismarck
user: Goldey
By Bismarck.Goldey 2011-03-11 02:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you are mindful of your mages' positioning, any evasion tank (I prefer ninja) and support (I prefer white mage) should have no trouble with this guy. He will draw in the target with hate before using nightmare, but as long as your mage(s) are out of range (20' to be safe) and toss the tank a cure quickly, the fight shouldn't be that challenging.

Just to note, he swings fairly fast, and hits hard if he connects, but ninjas with proper evasion gear should have a high evasion rate on him.

IMO the easiest T3 if handled properly since I don't believe he can use Ruinous Omen, and his BPs (bar Nightmare) are not as damaging as the other T3s. Hope this helps.
 Lakshmi.Tokuzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bodille
By Lakshmi.Tokuzi 2011-03-11 03:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK+WHM Dual box easy.
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-03-16 00:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tokuzi said:
MNK+WHM Dual box easy.
Bismarck.Goldey said:
As long as you are mindful of your mages' positioning, any evasion tank (I prefer ninja) and support (I prefer white mage) should have no trouble with this guy. He will draw in the target with hate before using nightmare, but as long as your mage(s) are out of range (20' to be safe) and toss the tank a cure quickly, the fight shouldn't be that challenging.

Just to note, he swings fairly fast, and hits hard if he connects, but ninjas with proper evasion gear should have a high evasion rate on him.

IMO the easiest T3 if handled properly since I don't believe he can use Ruinous Omen, and his BPs (bar Nightmare) are not as damaging as the other T3s. Hope this helps.

In my experience he used draw in on both me and the whm with hate. To which we didn't wake up from until there was nothing alive to wake up. So I'm not getting/believing this. Are you trying to say if your 20' you wont get drawn in? Or did you mean it like it reads that he only draws in one, cause again, that didn't seem to be the case with me.