Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age 2
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-03-22 05:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a good game for sure, I'm enjoying it and will play through again but it is a different game from origins thats for sure. Mainly in that in Origins it was the story of your warden... In this one it's Hawke's story and Hawke has a backstory has certen beliefs and cares for his/her family vs the warden which was much more abstract. You are more guiding the story then actually making it kinda half way between a NA and JP rpg. As for game play don't use the normal setting... Bioware said straight up before the game came out that normal was intended for people newer to rpg type games where as hard and nightmare were tailored much more to people with more experience. The combat is more or less the same but with different abilitys and it moves faster (which makes AoE abilitys harder to use on moving enemys. Biggest combat difference is that its based off dealing with large numbers of enemys instead of small groups of stronger ones.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-22 05:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Biggest combat difference is that its based off dealing with large numbers of enemys instead of small groups of stronger ones.
That's one reason why I prefer Origins.. This feels more like a RTS than an RPG. Instead of focusing your attacks to take out a few weak units, then coordinating efforts between different classes to change the out of the battle, and deal with far more powerful enemies (either by dealing with the fact that they hit really hard (Ogres) or Have insane defense (Golems) or a combination of both (Revenants), you're just trying to thin the mostly unique and average enemy herd as quickly as possible.

There's little incentive to use abilities strategically.. In fact the only strategic use that's really present, is using AoE spells, like using the Rogue's AoE's to slow the advance of a bunch of enemies..
 Leviathan.Chintasu
Server: Leviathan
user: moonbeam
By Leviathan.Chintasu 2011-03-22 06:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Leviathan.Chintasu said:
not played it yet but plzzzzzzzzzzz say they got rid of the sex thing
Not really.. There are still plenty of chances to bed your colleagues. Although, some can't be bedded.. There's also a *** house. At least the 'scenes' are better.. It isn't that ridiculous Roman-esque love scene music, and it isn't just the same scene but with different character models.

thank god the old scenes were very wtf ewww
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-22 06:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chintasu said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Leviathan.Chintasu said:
not played it yet but plzzzzzzzzzzz say they got rid of the sex thing
Not really.. There are still plenty of chances to bed your colleagues. Although, some can't be bedded.. There's also a *** house. At least the 'scenes' are better.. It isn't that ridiculous Roman-esque love scene music, and it isn't just the same scene but with different character models.

thank god the old scenes were very wtf ewww
It's more or less situational now.. Example (skip to 0:40):

Leviathan.Chintasu
By Leviathan.Chintasu 2011-03-22 06:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ok least that made me laugh, not anywhere as bad as the last ones

cheers ^^
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-22 06:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

May have to pick it up??
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-22 06:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note, I'm a ***.. Every single time a flirty/love interest option comes up, I use it.. My Hawke will *** anyone.
 Leviathan.Chintasu
By Leviathan.Chintasu 2011-03-22 06:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i do the same too on the last one i soent hours trying to corner sten but to no avail ;;, what bites with the old one was even my kids saw the scene and went WTF! if thats how u do it ur doing it wrong!

least going by that theyve put a little more realistic behaviour into it.

ok back to the housework harrasing the pets and getting brainfried reading the forums
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-22 06:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I couldn't get him in bed either.. I don't think it's possible.. He's like the hardest person to judge... You build an idea of who he is, find out it's all wrong, so you reverse it, and find out that's all wrong as well.. He's like impossible to understand.