Ele Belt/gorget When Is It Best?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ele belt/gorget when is it best?
Ele belt/gorget when is it best?
 Asura.Thalassa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Thalassa 2011-03-04 19:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, my friend didn't want to ask this so I figured I would for him. When would it be best for weaponskills? I've never been big on the formulas of this game, so I couldn't answer this question for him. Maybe someone on here would be kind enough to explain when the elemental gorgets / belts are beaten by other options etc ^^? Thanks
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 19:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not simple. You have to math it out and compare how much it will improve that particular ws dmg and how much other available peices would
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-03-04 19:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thalassa said:
Hi, my friend didn't want to ask this so I figured I would for him. When would it be best for weaponskills? I've never been big on the formulas of this game, so I couldn't answer this question for him. Maybe someone on here would be kind enough to explain when the elemental gorgets / belts are beaten by other options etc ^^? Thanks

They will ALWAYS benefit the WS, however they benefit the BEST WSs the least. The easiest way to figure this is to look at the WS's FTP modifier, since they add .1 to the FTP stat, all you gotta do is look at the mod. If its like guillotine where the FTP is .825 @ 100 tp, then the gorget makes it .925 (a BIG difference). If its like Wildfire where the FTP mod is 5.5 @ 100 tp, adding .1 to that still helps, but its a much less substantial addition to the calculaion, its not out of the question to think that adding AGI will result in a higher output than the small addition of a gorget and/or belt.

They also add about 10-15 acc if i remember correctly, but lolacc these days..

Hope that helps

EDIT: Fixed Dvasa TY
 Asura.Thalassa
By Asura.Thalassa 2011-03-04 19:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the inputs it looks like I should look up the formulas and conpare the damage with the options available. ^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 19:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Your info is a little off. First off guillotine has an ftp of 0.875 on the first hit. And all additional hits are 1.0 each so guillotine is more like 3.875. Of course if you want to be really accurate you should factor in triple/double attacks and acc into it.

Even than that only tells you how much the elemental belt/gorget adds.

Another important factor is how strong the the stat mods are and how much base dmg you already have from said stats, weapon dmg (or lvl +2 for magical) and, fstr/fint/dstat depending on the ws

Also str doesn't mod wildfire at all. ON top of the high ftp the fact it has a second term outside of ftp makes stats even stronger in relation to ftp boost
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-04 19:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
If its like guillotine where the FTP is .625 @ 100 tp, then the gorget makes it .725 (a BIG difference).
Not such a big difference when you consider that Guillo is a four-hit WS. To evaluate the benefit of a gorget/belt properly, you have to consider any additional hits, be they part of the WS, offhand hits, or DA/TAs. Any additional hit essentially adds 1.0 fTP to the WS (that is not affected by gorget/belt).
 Asura.Thalassa
By Asura.Thalassa 2011-03-04 19:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he is playing WAR now, a neck such as Ravagers (STR+3 Double Attack+2) is what he had in mind because he was unsure of whether or not the double attack could beat the FTP bonus.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 20:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Still need to know what ws, approximate pertinent stats (including for the other gear), and atmas to get an exact number. But chances are I'd say gorget would win most gaxe ws outside of empyrean. Though really ire torque might beat af3 on some of them too
 Asura.Thalassa
By Asura.Thalassa 2011-03-04 20:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukko's Fury, 88+169 STR (including Atmas ofc lol), RR/SA/VV is what he is using as of now.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 20:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorget.