Abyssea Era Ending?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea Era Ending?
Abyssea Era Ending?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-27 10:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There's so much stupidity in all of these Abyssea threads, man.
[+]
 Asura.Nalien
Server: Asura
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2011-02-27 10:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bismarck.Nalien said:
You don't seem to understand the terms easier and harder.

Let's take a look at how I low manned pre- and post-Abyssea.

pre:

While incredibly easy if you were capable of utilizing your brain, I did have to pay some attention and hold out if I felt like taking a piss in the middle of a fight.

I just *** go afk while auto-engaged on SAM NIN or any other job available and come back with a pool full of drops.

The game was harder before Abyssea, it was not hard.

Huge difference.
I'm sure a second grade test is harder than a first grade test, but who gives a ***, they're both easy.
So what *** point are you arguing then?

You keep implying that Post = Pre Abyssea.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So WHMs RDMs never had to look after their MP? They could just spam and spam and spam? You didn't always have a brd but atmas are a given. Even with a brd it's not that easy to keep a normal DD at high HP. And still, ordinary ppl couldn't kill ***like Tiamat, NH etc. Especially not shout groups. Now they can. Game was harder before abyssea. More rewarding for ppl that had skill. Like I said you don't need to be a god but noobs couldn't kill everything.
And what Nalien said ^
By Serj 2011-02-27 10:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried zerging AV with a PUG a month ago. That was pretty damn entertaining.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Before abyssea ppl didn't have that much refresh. Not every DD could easily tank most of the ***.

What DD couldn't tank most everything? Rng? lol.

War could easily tank Tiamat at lvl 75? With noob mages? Or JoL? You were able to just engage, then watch am ovie, sometimes do a WS while the WHM pretty much clicks ctrl1+2 for cures and thats it?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 10:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalien said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bismarck.Nalien said:
You don't seem to understand the terms easier and harder.

Let's take a look at how I low manned pre- and post-Abyssea.

pre:

While incredibly easy if you were capable of utilizing your brain, I did have to pay some attention and hold out if I felt like taking a piss in the middle of a fight.

I just *** go afk while auto-engaged on SAM NIN or any other job available and come back with a pool full of drops.

The game was harder before Abyssea, it was not hard.

Huge difference.
I'm sure a second grade test is harder than a first grade test, but who gives a ***, they're both easy.
So what *** point are you arguing then?

You keep implying that Post = Pre Abyssea.
I never said the game was the same, not sure whose posts you're reading. That may be your assumption based on my posts, but I don't think nor did I never say that.

The game was easy then, it's easy now. To the same degree? Definitely not, but I was just speaking against those who claimed the game used to be hard, when it clearly was not.
So WHMs RDMs never had to look after their MP? They could just spam and spam and spam? You didn't always have a brd but atmas are a given. Even with a brd it's not that easy to keep a normal DD at high HP. And still, ordinary ppl couldn't kill ***like Tiamat, NH etc. Especially not shout groups. Now they can. Game was harder before abyssea. More rewarding for ppl that had skill. Like I said you don't need to be a god but noobs couldn't kill everything.
And what Nalien said ^
Again, what part of that is specific to abyssea? MP issues are due to the game updates, not abyssea. Even outside of abyssea, how much refresh do we have access to now?

You keep saying abyssea this abyssea that and I'm just saying that even if we never entered abyssea again, you still ***mp like you have diarrhea
By Serj 2011-02-27 10:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Before abyssea ppl didn't have that much refresh. Not every DD could easily tank most of the ***.

War could easily tank Tiamat at lvl 75? With noob mages? Or JoL? You were able to just engage, then watch am ovie, sometimes do a WS while the WHM pretty much clicks ctrl1+2 for cures and thats it?

You just named 2 nms out of the entire game. Blus tanked JoL and I'm sure a good war could tank Tiamat just like sams and drks did.

And talking about having ***support, no one could tank anything. That was aside the question.

Quote:
Not every DD could easily tank most of the ***.

Most DDs could. You just specified it to the point where no DDs could. Invalid point is invalid.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 10:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:

Another MP issue. ***we take damage now just like we did before. Why don't we need rdms to enfeeble ***and brds to elegy? Not because the NMs are easier, not because you can WS for 4k+ dmg, because the whm has enough mp to be able to afford to ***cure 5s and never run out, which you can now do outside of abyssea.

Let's take tiamat for example. We were 75, he's 95 (according to wiki anyway). 20 lvs. So now we're 90, if they were to make a tiamat clone that was lv 110, outside of abyssea, do you honestly think it'd be the same difficulty as tiamat at 75? No, because you can afford to ***mp for breakfast.
 Asura.Nalien
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2011-02-27 10:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but I don't think nor did I never say that.
Granted English is not my native language, but I am pretty certain that your use of double "negatives" leads this line to read as:
I think I have said just that.

Quote:
If your group was any good, there's no difficulty change. Easy vs Easy.
Post = Pre under the premise of blablablawhinyfaggotry

Quote:
Well, if all the people in this thread here advocating that are willing to admit they sucked, so that's why abyssea seems so much easier, then I'll be ok with that.
Post = Pre

I could quote every single of your posts, it always comes down to how amazing you think you are, how *** terrible just about every other player is (ATTENTION: I AGREE WITH THIS PEOPLE ARE HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE AS HELL)
and as to how postabyssean era is the equivalent of the preabyssean era, under the premise of a certain level of "base" skill.

WHICH IS NOT CORRECT no matter how absurd your arguments get.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah now. But before those updates you didn't have that much refresh. You had to look after your mp. You had to rest and stuff. Now you can just afk for most ***. Thanks to atmas you don't need a rdm. You don't need a brd = already easier cuz you can do stuff with a lot less ppl. All you need is 1 DD and 1 whm. Before these updates you needed more ppl. If you wanted to lowman you actually needed some skill. Shout groups couldn't kill the top nms.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 10:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yeah now. But before those updates you didn't have that much refresh.
has 0 to do with abyssea, which is my claim here.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 10:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Let's take tiamat for example. We were 75, he's 95 (according to wiki anyway). 20 lvs. So now we're 90, if they were to make a tiamat clone that was lv 110, outside of abyssea, do you honestly think it'd be the same difficulty as tiamat at 75? No, because you can afford to ***mp for breakfast.
Which implies that we would actually need to spend more mp therefore we would run out if we weren't being careful just like before. Can't face tank everything.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Yeah now. But before those updates you didn't have that much refresh.
has 0 to do with abyssea, which is my claim here.

Ok sorry I get what you mean now but still, some noob whm+DD wouldn't be able to kill ***outside as they are right now in abyssea. I can pretty much promise you that. It took more time to get stuff and more skill to kill top NMs before abyssea. Not everyone was running around with the best gear as they are now. Cuz ***is a lot easier
By Serj 2011-02-27 10:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Which implies that we would actually need to spend more mp therefore we would run out if we weren't being careful just like before. Can't face tank everything.

Idk, a whm with +2 legs, capped healing +%, a rdm, and a brd, on top of new subjob abilities, would be pretty hard pressed to run out of mp.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 10:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Granted English is not my native language, but I am pretty certain that your use of double "negatives" leads this line to read as:
I think I have said just that.
I meant to say ever, no clue where the "n" came from. Typo'd.

Quote:
Post = Pre under the premise of blablablawhinyfaggotry
Lol you guys are the ones here whining in the thread. Again, that's your assumption. Ethics and Gym class are both easy. "easy vs easy" you claiming that ethics and gym are the same class? Just because they're both easy doesn't mean they're the same and I don't claim them to be.

Quote:
I could quote every single of your posts, it always comes down to how amazing you think you are, how *** terrible just about every other player is (ATTENTION: I AGREE WITH THIS PEOPLE ARE HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE AS HELL)
and as to how postabyssean era is the equivalent of the preabyssean era, under the premise of a certain level of "base" skill.

WHICH IS NOT CORRECT no matter how absurd your arguments get.

You've got it all wrong. You'll never see me say I think I'm an amazing player. I'm just not dumb when I play. Find one quote where I say I'm the best, amazing etc. There are plenty of people who I consider better players than I. Hell, even when someone asks me for advice and then says "Oh hey, you're the best at [insert whatever here]" I tell them that I'm no where near the best, I just don't suck.

You don't have to be amazing not to suck.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Idk, a whm with +2 legs, capped healing +%, a rdm, and a brd, on top of new subjob abilities, would be pretty hard pressed to run out of mp.

Implies that you actually have a rdm and a brd. That is 2 more players that you need compared to now.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 10:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Implies that you actually have a rdm and a brd. That is 2 more players that you need compared to now.
Like I said though, what part of casting refresh and casting ballad is difficult?

The only thing abyssea did there was give you a bard and a rdm as a buff.

Talking to an NPC and getting refresh is not hard, of course, but neither is 2 people casting the spells ballad and refresh.

Kind of difficult to find the words for what I'm trying to say here, but I'm sure you get what I mean.
By Serj 2011-02-27 10:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

You'd bring two people to a lvl 110 tiamat?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 10:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Depends on how smart/dumb you are about it. Plus you will most likely be over curing alot more since you can't just let a tank sit at 1500 hp less than there max anymore. Either that or use cure IV ewwww. And not everyone has the set up to get a pocket rdm + brd on top of there dmg and tanking etc. Non more whm +mnk duo everything.

Which brings up another thing. You will be getting more hate curing most likely. wether it be from over curing or using non 5/6 or just the fact that most whms now don't even know what a -emnity set is now since they cap with 2 atmas. While at the same time the tanks will be doing much less dmg to keep hate.

Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but still. You actually had to get these members. Didn't always have those available for HNMs for example. Cuz of the randomness. Aaand I'll say it again. I admit you didn't have to be the best but if you were a noob you weren't able to kill the top stuff. Now it doesn't matter how good you are ***is by far easier. Everyone can get top gear in a short time. I'm sure most ppl would fail again outside abyssea if SE ever gives us more content.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 10:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There'd be much less need to spam heal in this situation now though. The atmas only offer that refresh. Brd and rdm as sources of refresh bring elegy and slow II. The tank will be taking a lot less damage and will not need to be healed in the same fashion as face tanking in abyssea, so I don't see hate due to overcuring coming close to being an issue.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 10:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
There'd be much less need to spam heal in this situation now though. The atmas only offer that refresh. Brd and rdm as sources of refresh bring elegy and slow II. The tank will be taking a lot less damage and will not need to be healed in the same fashion as face tanking in abyssea, so I don't see hate due to overcuring coming close to being an issue.
Assuming people actually step up there game and stop face tanking. Ie try harder.

Also those atmas offer capped -emnity cure potency lots of mnd to cap slow/para easily. Stats/macc to land said debuffs and fast cast
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Serj said:
Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

No, that's why it's not as easy. Can't just bring your MNK and WHM to kill it. Need actually ppl. Right now MNK and WHM can kill everything right? The more ppl you need = the harder something is imo. Now you can lowman everything without effort.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 10:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but still. You actually had to get these members. Didn't always have those available for HNMs for example. Cuz of the randomness. Aaand I'll say it again. I admit you didn't have to be the best but if you were a noob you weren't able to kill the top stuff. Now it doesn't matter how good you are ***is by far easier. Everyone can get top gear in a short time. I'm sure most ppl would fail again outside abyssea if SE ever gives us more content.
Well, I don't see why anyone would specifically want it to take a long time. If my wanting to play a game was based on the fact it'd take me forever to get something, I would put that ***down and play something else, lol.

Time investment/reward ratio is something they've been doing right w/ these last couple updates, or did you prefer The NM you wanting to pop like 7 times in a rl month w/ a list giant *** list of people in your group who want the same item as you do?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-02-27 10:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy XI:

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 10:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Assuming people actually step up there game and stop face tanking. Ie try harder.

Also those atmas offer capped -emnity cure potency lots of mnd to cap slow/para easily. Stats/macc to land said debuffs and fast cast
I don't see what part of casting slow II and elegy is hard. That'd actually make the fight easier,

Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 10:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I don't see what part of casting slow II and elegy is hard. That'd actually make the fight easier,
I don't see what part of anything I said that just casting those spells is hard and you shouldn't do it or something
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-27 10:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Just answer me this please. Do you think that the same ppl that can kill everything rightn ow were able to kill everything before abyssea?
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-27 10:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And what Nalien said ^

Bards are as common as bathwater. Hell, you wouldn't even go exp without a brd, why the would anyone fight an nm without one?

I saw an Asuran pickup kill Tiamat at 75. I think the rarity of pickups doing mobs like that had way more to do with the fact that they were perma camped by dedicated LS's than any difficulty with the nm itself.

Pickups were doing gods, Jailers, t3 VNMs, Ultima, Salvage, DL, Bahamut, Ouryu, pretty much anything that didn't have claimbots from 3+ linkshells standing at the spawn point or Ein style entry requirements. Yes, some of them wiped, but then again so did some of the shells standing in Aery everyday.

Quote:

I'd say pretty much every JOL we did in 2009 was like that, just with Drk or Rdm in the place of War. That ***wasn't remotely threatening, most of JOL was just standing around bored waiting for summons. Brd casts march, Whm casts cures and haste, tank tries not to fall asleep before the regen is broken.

Seriously, people have been killing Tiamat for 6 years, it's not hard to get a fire resist set and some black mages, or just throw some bodies at it like the gilsellers did.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12