New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Media » The Final Stretch - A Weaver Hits Rank 50
The Final Stretch - A Weaver Hits Rank 50
By TigerS0uL 2011-02-23 16:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"Tiger Soul (Rabanastre)'s Clothcraft rank is now 50." 2/10/2011

This is just a short video montage i made from gameplay i captured in the final stretch to Rank 50 in the Weaver Class. I think it's safe to say we are all a little frustrated with FFXIV in one way or another. This is more for the community and for those that can appreciate this game for what it is at the moment. More specifically those that appreciate the Weaver class and crafting.
Thanks to my friends in Shadow Spirit Linkshell. Special thanks to Devestation Shadowspirit and Wolfwing Redblood for the endless supply of shards and crystals and the encouragement to continue during the early stages of this game.
Also like to thank my east coast pal Sinval Malacian for staying up with me until the early hours of the morning, Fred Fredrikson for all the Fleece, and Norbettaux @ the Weaver Guild for all the "support" ;)

The Final Stretch - A Weaver Hits Rank 50

Captured with Fraps and edited with Sony Vegas Pro 10.0.
Song: "Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds to Mars
[+]
 Asura.Kayze
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kayze 2011-02-23 16:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I always see you on bended knee in Uldah lol

Congrats on hitting 50 on WVR and thats a nice vid :D
By TigerS0uL 2011-02-23 16:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Kayze lol Thanks! And thanks for watching! ;)
[+]
By Suterusu 2011-02-23 19:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In before haters saying the new SP system makes crafting a joke.
By Suterusu 2011-02-23 19:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new SP system, crafting is a bit of a joke of what it used to be with about 2-3 times the amount of SP gained.

Gratz tho.
By jdcho99 2011-02-23 20:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

wow took you long enough XD grats
By TigerS0uL 2011-02-23 20:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Suterusu I'm on the fence and agree with you somewhat. On one hand it would seem SE's way of fixing things at the moment is to feed us more SP to make up for the shear lack of content and to keep us happy. But by taking the challenge and the gratification away of "earning things", its causing more harm than good. On the other hand you have to wonder if this is the way it should have been from the beginning? Is this a nerf or is this a fix? If you compare it to the beginning stages of this game or for someone that got r50 before the patch I can see why it would suck. Even worse are those people that got r50 before the crystal/shard/multiple items fix. Unfortunately for us, at this stage in the game, we have to deal with SE fine tuning this game for the future. I just kinda wish they would poor the energy into the story/mission aspect of this game and giving it heart and soul which is far more important than anything else imo.
I was r48 after the second patch and the increase in SP and in no way was I maximizing SP being over the synths rank. I feel like I earned my r50. Thanks for watching!
[+]
By TigerS0uL 2011-02-23 21:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

@ jdcho99 Thank you?
By jdcho99 2011-02-23 21:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

TigerS0uL said:
@ Suterusu I'm on the fence and agree with you somewhat. On one hand it would seem SE's way of fixing things at the moment is to feed us more SP to make up for the shear lack of content and to keep us happy. But by taking the challenge and the gratification away of "earning things", its causing more harm than good. On the other hand you have to wonder if this is the way it should have been from the beginning? Is this a nerf or is this a fix? If you compare it to the beginning stages of this game or for someone that got r50 before the patch I can see why it would suck. Even worse are those people that got r50 before the crystal/shard/multiple items fix. Unfortunately for us, at this stage in the game, we have to deal with SE fine tuning this game for the future. I just kinda wish they would poor the energy into the story/mission aspect of this game and giving it heart and soul which is far more important than anything else imo.
For what its worth I was r48 after the second patch and the increase in SP. In no way was a maximizing SP being over the synths rank. I feel like I earned my r50. Thanks for watching!

Try the R50 goldsmith grind XD thats hellish XD
By TigerS0uL 2011-02-23 21:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

@ jdcho99 I have heard the GLD grind is pretty brutal. Not sure why you felt the need to highlight "I feel like I earned my r50". You feel like I would only understand the meaning or "earn" if I had ranked GLD to 50? Weaver rank 40-50 was rough simply because the game lacks content to skill off and that goes for all classes. Whether I had to spend less gil, resources or time etc. Doesn't really matter.

We could chat all day about how one class is worse than the other or we could take this for what it is without reading too much into it. I did this because for the most part I enjoyed leveling the class and had as much fun with it as this game will allow. Threw a video together and tossed it up. All it is.
By jdcho99 2011-02-23 22:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

TigerS0uL said:
@ jdcho99 I have heard the GLD grind is pretty brutal. Not sure why you felt the need to highlight "I feel like I earned my r50". You feel like I would only understand the meaning or "earn" if I had ranked GLD to 50? Weaver rank 40-50 was rough simply because the game lacks content to skill off and that goes for all classes. Whether I had to spend less gil, resources or time etc. Doesn't really matter.

We could chat all day about how one class is worse than the other or we could take this for what it is without reading too much into it. I did this because for the most part I enjoyed leveling the class and had as much fun with it as this game will allow. Threw a video together and tossed it up. All it is.

ehh i just highlighted it cause u had a big post, u dont gotta get all menstral on me XD
By Suterusu 2011-02-23 22:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

let's all calm down and start leveling more jobs to 50 :x
By deadfire 2011-02-23 22:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe me Leatherworker is a hell hole to get 50.
By Venusdoom 2011-02-24 00:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats!
By TigerS0uL 2011-02-24 01:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Venus! Thank you!
[+]
By jdcho99 2011-02-24 09:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

deadfire said:

You mean killing toads and sheep all day? XD
By Pseudopsia 2011-02-24 14:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gratz!
By deadfire 2011-02-24 17:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

jdcho99 said:
deadfire said:

You mean killing toads and sheep all day? XD

Lol yeah but Toads have a shitty drop rate and after Raptors/Peiste/Hog-Boar there is nothing else to grind from except them that is limited to 45.