Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
if he/she approached the party with the same sense of entitlement that this thread reeks of, i'd probably turn him/her down as well
I love how many people think they are so entitled to this and that nowadays... seriously go out and work for whatever it is
While I agree with this, sometimes it just doesn't work out for me. I have gotten lots of random gear from groups where I needed something that they didn't and I'll offer to help on any job to aquire the item.

I am all about getting free stuff whenever I can, but I am also more than willing to "work" for everything I want/have.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-22 12:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
hey, i always ask if people want to team up, not my fualt they don't want to, and instead wanna fight over pops

Maybe but don't expect them to invite ><
as i posted at the beginning, just be bitching, don't take too seriously
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-22 12:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
if he/she approached the party with the same sense of entitlement that this thread reeks of, i'd probably turn him/her down as well
I love how many people think they are so entitled to this and that nowadays... seriously go out and work for whatever it is
While I agree with this sometimes it just doesn't work out for me. I have gotten lots of random gear from groups where I need something that they don't and I offer to help on any job.

I am all about getting free stuff whenever I can, but I am also more than willing to "work" for everything I want/have.

i don't think das was saying there's a problem with just asking if it's gonna hit the floor

just that there's no reason to go off the deep end if you get declined
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-22 12:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I like attention too.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 12:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I like attention too.
We know.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-22 12:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
it's certainly not grounds for a qq thread
By vinvv 2011-02-22 12:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I like attention too.
Me too.
I know.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-22 12:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
They've made qq threads for less so I say game on.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 12:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
While I agree with this sometimes it just doesn't work out for me. I have gotten lots of random gear from groups where I need something that they don't and I offer to help on any job.

i don't think das was saying there's a problem with just asking if it's gonna hit the floor

just that there's no reason to go off the deep end if you get declined
More or less. No shame in accepting or even asking for free stuff but don't think you in any way shape or form are owed it just for being you.

I'd like bill gates to give me a cool mil or 2 but not gunna get mad when he doesn't... in fact I'd expect it and be quiet happy if he actually did
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 12:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ehh it's a Tuesday morning after a Holiday..I'm ok with a decent QQ thread.

Was aboot to make one myself about there being 4 ppl at work they didnt ~need a 5th. With 4 ppl here nothing would hit the floor so they really don't need me. My boss didn't understand.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-22 12:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has an obligation to give you something you didn't work for. It's a bother and a risk to invite people to your party, even just to lot. Maybe they lot other things, maybe you suspect they're going to and have to clear the pool of other stuff (a pain for everyone), maybe they just make dumbshit chatter when they're in party because they're PUPs with nothing better to do than sit at pop spots and wait for people to pop PUP seal NMs.

Unless you are going to kill the seal NMs yourself and they're your competition, I don't think you have any room to complain. In fact, I'd bet you probably could solo most Scars NMs on PUP/NIN melee-style with an evasion build. You could even try for procs with your Puppet if you felt brave and lucky.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 12:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

vinvv said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I like attention too.
Me too.
I know.
Oooo you sneaky ***.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 12:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
While I agree with this sometimes it just doesn't work out for me. I have gotten lots of random gear from groups where I need something that they don't and I offer to help on any job. I am all about getting free stuff whenever I can, but I am also more than willing to "work" for everything I want/have.
i don't think das was saying there's a problem with just asking if it's gonna hit the floor just that there's no reason to go off the deep end if you get declined
More or less. No shame in accepting or even asking for free stuff but don't think you in any way shape or form are owed it just for being you.
Dasva you seem to always be busy in game running around killing ***and what not. Can you please /t me when I can expect my free stuff? Kthanks.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-22 12:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
No one has an obligation to give you something you didn't work for. It's a bother and a risk to invite people to your party, even just to lot. Maybe they lot other things, maybe you suspect they're going to and have to clear the pool of other stuff (a pain for everyone), maybe they just make dumbshit chatter when they're in party because they're PUPs with nothing better to do than sit at pop spots and wait for people to pop PUP seal NMs.

Unless you are going to kill the seal NMs yourself and they're your competition, I don't think you have any room to complain. In fact, I'd bet you probably could solo most Scars NMs on PUP/NIN melee-style with an evasion build. You could even try for procs with your Puppet if you felt brave and lucky.
I think they were competing originally.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 12:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Dasva you seem to always be busy in game running around killing ***and what not. Can you please /t me when I can expect my free stuff? Kthanks.
You clearly don't stalk me often enough I don't do much anymore... actually other than lvling subjobs and solo most of what I've done for the last week was to see if anyone on my flist needs jewels of balance since I'm spamming cirein for lanterns... you'd be suprised how many nos I get. Enough to where my lvl 30 mnk now has tantra legs +2 lol
By sefalon 2011-02-22 12:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been low manning my lanterns for my gk and I pretty much have all the jewels I need but if I give them away am I not contributing to all the bad players who can't do for themselves?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-22 12:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

I think they were competing originally.

Well, that's a stupid move on their part then. The sooner he finishes the sooner their competition leaves. Still, plenty of people seem to reserve the right to be stupid.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 12:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh some of them actually sometimes help farm KIs so it sometimes works out
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-22 12:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Rictor said:
Weak. I guess they just wanted to be *** :/

Edit:

Ragnarok.Lagunabel said:
hey guys give me free ***no then go *** yourself

I don't think this was about getting ***for free, I think it was about being refused an invitation to help, in exchange for something that hit the ground anyway

often, if you are lowmanning with friends, and already have a well planned out strat

you'd rather not have another random variable to worry about

^this
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 12:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
You clearly don't stalk me often enough I don't do much anymore... actually other than lvling subjobs and solo most of what I've done for the last week was to see if anyone on my flist needs jewels of balance since I'm spamming cirein for lanterns... you'd be suprised how many nos I get. Enough to where my lvl 30 mnk now has tantra legs +2 lol
Well give them to me dammit. I need them for Sam(?) AND I WOULD GLADLY HELP! I have Whm ya know thats always helpful for lowmanning. (or I have have Rdm for duo whichever would be more helpful!)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-22 12:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Well give them to me dammit. I need them for Sam(?) AND I WOULD GLADLY HELP! I have Whm ya know thats always helpful for lowmanning. (or I have have Rdm for duo whichever would be more helpful!)
Sure befriend sometime so I remember lol
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-22 13:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sure befriend sometime so I remember lol
Deal lol. But seriously I am bored alot of times at night..I don't have tons of stones but if you need a 2nd person for literally anything hit me up and most times i'll go.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-22 14:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darkultima said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Asura.Darkultima said:
Idk, i wouldnt gear a full pink PUP with an headlong belt, neither :/
(inb4 u is ***)
not sure if you are refering to me, but im not wearing aurore gear >.>
So you dont deny using an headlong belt.
This, alone, is shameful, the pink stuff is just the icing on the cake.

Not trying to pick a fight, but that's pretty tough talk from a guy who got Kannagi for a Nin without Rajas or Suppanomimi.
 Bismarck.Selzak
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-02-22 15:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course they aren't obligated to let you join, but why the hell wouldn't they?

It's very inconsiderate, and anytime I'm farming seals and something is being trashed I would gladly let someone have it. Even if my group did have a specific low-man strategy, I'd let them just stand back and lot what was otherwise trash.

Shows how selfish people can be.

What do I stand to lose from this? -Nothing.
Oh ok, that sounds promising. What do I stand to gain? -Nothing.
Wut, why would I do that??

It's like if you put a couch out to the road to be thrown away, saw someone who needed a couch going to take it off of your hands, and stopped them and told them to get away because THAT'S MY TRASH BUY YOUR OWN COUCH.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-22 15:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Darkultima said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Asura.Darkultima said:
Idk, i wouldnt gear a full pink PUP with an headlong belt, neither :/
(inb4 u is ***)
not sure if you are refering to me, but im not wearing aurore gear >.>
So you dont deny using an headlong belt.
This, alone, is shameful, the pink stuff is just the icing on the cake.

Not trying to pick a fight, but that's pretty tough talk from a guy who got Kannagi for a Nin without Rajas or Suppanomimi.

Don't deny his keen ring, brah. ***'s so cash. You don't even know.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-22 15:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
I don't know why ppl are *** about this. Luckily for me I don't run into it to often. If pup seals for shitsake, I'd rather let someone I don't know lot them than let them hit the floor. Well unless unknown person is a large dbag then that might effect it a little.

I am not an enabler. I would have turned them down because I feel it would be irresponsible to condone the perpetuations of puppetmastery.
[+]