Forum » FFXI » NMs » Myrmecoleon
Myrmecoleon
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-21 12:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any testimonials? My roomate and I were considering low manning him later and I was hoping to get some info on him before we blindly ran into it.
 Leviathan.Trenton
Server: Leviathan
user: Trentonn
By Leviathan.Trenton 2011-02-21 12:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and my friend also blindly went into it on accident. We were just after the lachrymater when Myrme was rude and interrupted. I was a hume RDM90/WHM45 using MM and Full Moon. My friend was a taru THF90/NIN45 using VV/RR/GH. We were doing just fine until 30ish % when he managed to one-shot the THF. Granted she only had about 1600hp max. He came after me and that was all she wrote. I was semi paying attention and didn't catch the name of the move. All I remember was a giant antlion running after me and everything going dark. Other than that, he was very manageable. THF was in TP gear with an eva skill of 371. And my RDM gear is nothing short of awful. Hope this helps!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-21 13:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I accidentally popped this guy myself a while back. Dualboxing THF/WHM, I got it to 25% ish before Gravitic Horn 1-shot me (usually left me with ~8HP, but I didn't cure the last 200hp or so XD), typically it'd deal around the 1.6k mark.

When it uses Sandpit, whoever has hate on him will be bound and it will pop a smaller NM (can still hurt if it hits your mages), but they die in a few hits with ease.

Gravitic Horn will plant Gravity and will reset hate, so you may need to save a WS or something if you're waiting for it to WS, just to be safe.

Best advice I'd give though is to pull it away from the Weepers, otherwise you'll get a few links~
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 13:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gravitic Horn is wind dmg so you could try barspelling to help reduce the dmg.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-02-21 13:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I only realised that after I fought it XD
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 13:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also could use the wind resist atma which also has haste and take off some haste gear for DD gear!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-21 13:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Any clue on repop? Is the pop method pretty easy to pull off? I would rather just aga another enemy near him if I can avoid pulling a NM into it (etc).