Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Amphitrite
Amphitrite
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-21 12:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So gonna lowman this NM soon and was thinking that I might be able to do pretty well tanking it as NIN/DNC in all my Evasion Gear. I figure fight in physical mode with Myoshu and Jinko at least always on then turn and spam Ninjutsu while it's in magic mode to keep up some damage while giving it TP to switch modes. Here's my Evasion set at the moment:

Sekkas are both Eva, 4 Eva Merits, and would be Dusk Gloves during the day. I don't have any of the really good Evasion Atmas so will probably go with RR, GH, AoA. Is this enough Eva to lower his hitrate to 20%? Thoughts?
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-21 12:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty weak.
Add ocelot legs, ballerines or at least aurore feets, Ohat/empress hairpin and a sveltess gouritz/scouter rope to it.
Then swap the katanas into something more usefull...like hochomasamune/kamome DW.
Also ninja tekkos? please dont tell me you use them during the day.
Swap into one of these +10 eva hands or aurore or something.
Also if you lowman it, just ask your mages to spam dia on it. Wont heal it, and will feed tons of tp.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-02-21 12:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont tell him that dark -_- you dont even need eva gear just get haste and 25% in haste gear slap enfeebles on it and destroy its face. Evasion gear just gonna slow the kill, if your evasion is capped it shouldn't have high enough acc, just go haste and DD gear (dont use haub)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah there is such a thing as too much eveasion... never tanked it myself well not on purpose but I know it barely didn't have capped acc against my blu in normal DD gear so would have no doubts that a nin/dnc could cap evade rate in some kind of mixed set.

Depending on how low man though you might want some kind of defensive atma instead of AoA. And of course some kind of MDT/MDB set
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-21 12:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

On nin you should be fine with minimal eva gear, assuming you can keep your shadows up. I think you will be fine with the set posted.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-02-21 12:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just Boxers should be enough if you really need it.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-21 12:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darkultima said:
That's pretty weak.
Add ocelot legs, ballerines or at least aurore feets, Ohat/empress hairpin and a sveltess gouritz/scouter rope to it.
Then swap the katanas into something more usefull...like hochomasamune/kamome DW.
Also ninja tekkos? please dont tell me you use them during the day.
Swap into one of these +10 eva hands or aurore or something.
Also if you lowman it, just ask your mages to spam dia on it. Wont heal it, and will feed tons of tp.

Brutal honesty, I like it :P. Don't have Ocelot Legs or Bellerines tho. Also, I pointed out in the OP that I don't use the Tekko during the day. I do have a Kamome but no Hocho. Don't play NIN a whole lot anymore or I would work to get some of that stuff. I could probably get another EVA piece or 2 but while I am fighting I'd like to keep my capped haste (1% away during the day). I'm really not concerned about kill speed, just not dying. I know that maybe I have too much EVA but after I fight it once and see what it's like for myself I'll probably adjust and take some out.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-21 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Both kila's are evasion style

With this set, 4 EVA merits, capped Closed position(an extra 15 evasion), Eva trait(35 evasion for dnc), and Gnarled Horn atma, Amphritite was able to hit me often easily. It was a harsh duo but we were able to pull it off with some close calls. Duoed it with BLM and me on DNC. If you have a whm, the fight could be pretty easy.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 12:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Torero Torque or Agasaya's Collar might be good since think you aren't at the subtle blow cap