users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Nahn
Nahn
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-19 17:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How do u fish up this ***? Iv been trying for a while with no luck. I have fishing skill at 24 useing a halcyon rod. Iv tried several diffrent types of bait and lures. All with no luck. The best iv managed is a !!! with 'you have a good feeling' which always yeilds some item or a normal crab. Any other message such as 'you dont no if you have enough skill' or 'you have a bad feeling' always breaks my line.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-02-19 18:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i pulled him in with 0 skill halcyon rod and some bait my BLU friend gave (dont recall name) me cuz he wanted neck

i do remember nahn can only be a !!!. so if u se a ! or a !! just stop and try again
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-19 18:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Composite rod with a fly lure always worked for me. It's random, pretend you're fishing for a devil manta with no respawn time. Monsters are always "!!", so don't pull in "!"s and you should be fine. Not once have I ever broken my line on a monster and I have 7 skill in fishing.
 Siren.Kittyhawk
Server: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-02-19 18:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible you may have had bad luck and someone fished it at one of the other water holes.

Other than that, like Krazyrs said, will only be a !!! and a lot of the time can break your line with low skill (has a bit more stamina than the normal crabs)

Just keep trying, almost anything works. I've fished it up with halcyon + sabiki rig.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-19 18:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Not once have I ever broken my line on a monster and I have 7 skill in fishing.

well then.. i hate you lol. cause i broke like 10 lines
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-19 18:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't reel in until you know the stamina is completely empty and it really shouldn't ever happen.
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-02-19 18:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Don't reel in until you know the stamina is completely empty and it really shouldn't ever happen.

Never once seen a mob break a line unless it's reeled in before health bar depleted and I used to fish for Devil Manta a LOT. Caught Nahn plenty of times fishing up rusty items for La Theine fame, Halcyon Rod & Fly Lure.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-02-19 18:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i always wait till the stamina bar is empty, and it was empty on every one of them breaks
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-02-19 18:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
i always wait till the stamina bar is empty, and it was empty on every one of them breaks

Most likely a rusty spear then, they can break lines and give !!!, all I really remember is that the NM flicked about a LOT with Halcyon rod, like, I was constantly switching side to side to reel it in.