users online
Forum » FFXI » General » AFB?
AFB?
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Ducea 2011-02-19 11:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

for the trolls: in the past I have made gil by afbing people. I don't care what your opinion about afb is. if you are just going to cry, troll a different thread please :o

my question is, since the new exp increase has anyone tested afb yet to see how large the jump in levels is now?
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-19 11:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

what the heck is "afb"?
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-19 11:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be interesting to see. I assume it would just be ~double the experience you got before this update. However, I doubt you will get many customers willing to pay the same high prices as before because exp is so easy to come by now, from any source.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-19 11:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
what the heck is "afb"?

Astral Flow Burn
 Bismarck.Gryphen
user: Gryphen
By Bismarck.Gryphen 2011-02-19 11:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Astral Flow Burn

Edit:beat to the punch.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-02-19 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

350-800 xp a kill (depends on conditions, of mob, xp ring, exp chain, fov, etc)

i really see no need to use afb anymore.

And I dont see why having people pay for a spot in afb back than was a bad thing, clearly a specific method was needed to do it, its the same as leechs paying for a spot in a abyssea party.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-19 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
what the heck is "afb"?

Astral Flow Burn

Ahh, thank you for the clarification.

I'd say that you could level MUCH faster now using Astral Flow parties than you could before.

I was solo'ing EP-minus mobs as level 7-10 DRG yesterday for 200 EXP each with Emperor Ring active. I think EP-minus mobs used to give 15 or 30 EXP each. The update last week boosted non-Abyssea EXP/kill substantially for weak mobs.

I wonder if S-E raised the ceiling for EXP/kill on VT/IT mobs, too?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-02-19 11:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

sure the exp is double now but that also means your syncee lvls twice as fast, so that overall you still come out the same.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-19 11:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
what the heck is "afb"?

Astral Flow Burn

Ahh, thank you for the clarification.

I'd say that you could level MUCH faster now using Astral Flow parties than you could before.

I was solo'ing EP-minus mobs as level 7-10 DRG yesterday for 200 EXP each with Emperor Ring active. I think EP-minus mobs used to give 15 or 30 EXP each. The update last week boosted non-Abyssea EXP/kill substantially for weak mobs.

I wonder if S-E raised the ceiling for EXP/kill on VT/IT mobs, too?
The ceiling was indeed raised. I was getting 500+ exp from lesser colibri (VT/IT) in a 57 sync pt.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-19 11:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
sure the exp is double now but that also means your syncee lvls twice as fast, so that overall you still come out the same.

Well, I disagree here. With higher EXP/kill, you won't need as many mass-pulls, or you could potentially use smaller mass-pulls to achieve the same results.

I personally don't see the need to use Astral Flow parties anymore. You can solo/duo EP mobs for 100-200 EXP/kill now with Signet active, plus get frequent EXP bonuses from FoV pages. You can get another FoV page active as soon as you complete the previous one now; no more waiting until the next "game day".
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-02-19 12:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:

Well, I disagree here. With higher EXP/kill, you won't need as many mass-pulls, or you could potentially use smaller mass-pulls to achieve the same results.

I personally don't see the need to use Astral Flow parties anymore. You can solo/duo EP mobs for 100-200 EXP/kill now with Signet active, plus get frequent EXP bonuses from FoV pages. You can get another FoV page active as soon as you complete the previous one now; no more waiting until the next "game day".
well i've only done one astral burn in my 7 year career so I really cant judge. The one attempt i had was a fail but yea overall i still say you come out the same.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-19 12:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

AFB was never needed, but at lower levels where exp was slow, it could certainly speed things up, and now it'll get you to 30+ even faster so that you can key *** your way to 90 in abyssea.

Topdogg, you're kind of right, because of the higher exp per kill, the syncer will level faster, but you get more exp for lower level mobs than you did before too, so overall, with AFB I'm pretty sure you'd come out well ahead than you would have before the update.

I get a little reminiscent when I see a thread about AFB, AFB rage thread was the very first thread I read on these forums, 'cause I had nfi what it was.
[+]