users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Chloris
Chloris
 Valefor.Whitemiget
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-15 14:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello people, I'm about to start my Trial for Verethragna and the first thing i need help with is Farming Chloris Key items. I have had many people tell me many different strategies and the thing i want to know is the FASTEST way possible for a static of 4 ppl (including myself) to gather KI's and kill this sucker so i can get my lvl 80 at a decent time. THank you and i hope you provide me with usefull information. ^^;
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-15 14:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

THF + whm go and aeolian edge burn down sandworms while the other two hit up the other NMs while doing pearl/azure lights otw(war or mnk would be nice, WAR can proc a lot of the red !!). WHM can solo azure lights by sniping with holy. Get some VNM tier 1's to cap pearl or just kill normal mobs. Towards end everyone should be capped amber so you will start getting big chests that can have KI in them. Otherwise keep killing the NMs for it and fill in what KI you are missing.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-15 14:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you also going for Glavoid? If not, unless you have someone to trade pops w/, Cleaving probably isn't going to be the best option, unless you guys have some mules to hold repeat KIs.

Assuming stones isn't an issue, I'm pretty certain that farming KIs the regular way is going to be faster. I'd like to say 6 minimum for cleaving efficiency which even then is cut in half if you're not doing both NMs (Chloris and Glavoid).

That being said, this all depends on your jobs. If you have 2 whms amongst the 4 of you and the other 2 have either war or nin. You can split up and take 2 KI NMs at a time, and rotate NMs till you have pop sets for all 4.

I can go into detail on this, but waste of my time to type it until I know exactly what you're working with. What jobs do you have available, are you also going for Glavoid, etc.
By Greatmagician 2011-02-15 15:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes we do need the fastest way possible so chloris doesnt take till may ^^
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-16 16:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Draylo and Tigerwoods. i will be reviewing these strat's for a while. and if anyone else wants to spread alittle opinion/info on this subject please do so. THANK you ^^;
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-16 16:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitemiget said:
Thank you Draylo and Tigerwoods. i will be reviewing these strat's for a while. and if anyone else wants to spread alittle opinion/info on this subject please do so. THANK you ^^;
again, give more info and get more. I asked some questions last post
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-16 16:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Whitemiget said:
again, give more info and get more. I asked some questions last post
Yes i am also going for Glavoid for another in my group. Stones isnt an issue at all. We only have 1 whm, 1 mnk (me), and others are dd's/blm's
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-16 16:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No wars or nins then? better off cleaving
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-16 16:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Yeah my group of 4 has 1 war and 1 nin, but it's the same guy 0.0;
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-16 17:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitemiget said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Yeah my group of 4 has 1 war and 1 nin, but it's the same guy 0.0;
So Tiger whats up? whats my best shot for pops?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-16 17:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a wash. If you had a second war or nin, I'd have the perfect idea, but you don't.

Cleaving, meh w/ only 4, but you are going for glavoid as well, so that'd probably be my final vote. Cleave but if you get to the point where there are a few KIs that are just going to waste cause not enough ppl and everyone just needs like 1 more or something then farm those regularly
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-16 17:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
It's a wash. If you had a second war or nin, I'd have the perfect idea, but you don't.

Cleaving, meh w/ only 4, but you are going for glavoid as well, so that'd probably be my final vote. Cleave but if you get to the point where there are a few KIs that are just going to waste cause not enough ppl and everyone just needs like 1 more or something then farm those regularly
Well its really not that we're going for Glavoid also, let me explain. In my static we take turns on who's NMs we go after first. after we pop the nm like 4 times, we move on to someone else's NM's and we just go in a circle. I just want to know the fastest strat to get my KI's fast and pop chloris 4 times so it'll end my turn so my turn doesnt take like a weak when everyone else's turn takes a couple of hours
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-16 17:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, overall, you'd still as a group spend the least amount of time going for both at once, but if you insist on doing only Chloris during this time.

Mnk + mage on pop item duty. After you buy all the pop items you can on the AH (unless you just want to punish yourself and farm them all), mnk + mage will go around and mobs/NMs for the 3 pop NMs that drop key items.

While this is going on, war + whm will go around and kill NMs for Key items. War gets 10/13 of the WS' for red !!, so this is your combo for the NMs. Proc red and if red doesn't proc, deaggro the NM (if nobody else is around of course, and use conflux to do it) then reclaim to reset the trigger. This will take less time than farming a new pop set.

Check Chukwa from time to time, whoever claims have war come trigger it.

Then once you have a few pops, go ahead and pop it.

In your case, I'd probably just do 2 pops at a time, so the mnk's team can focus on killing stuff for pop items instead of having to come to the war's terf and pop NMs so he can get KI.

So I'd say KIs for war + whm, chloris x2, repeat while mnk and mage are farming pop items during this time. (anything from bloodshot hecteye to exorcised skull)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-16 17:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Should at least have one thief imo. THF/WAR can hit decent amount of reds, only missing few like polearm1/scythe1/gsword1 and they can also aeolian edge burn.
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
Server: Bismarck
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2011-02-16 17:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/WAR has 8/13 of the red procs at best and that's with a pitchfork for Raiden and skill gear/merits for Sunburst.

But to be fair, the WHM can obviously Sunburst if you don't have skill gear/merits.
 Valefor.Whitemiget
By Valefor.Whitemiget 2011-02-16 17:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well, overall, you'd still as a group spend the least amount of time going for both at once, but if you insist on doing only Chloris during this time.

Mnk + mage on pop item duty. After you buy all the pop items you can on the AH (unless you just want to punish yourself and farm them all), mnk + mage will go around and mobs/NMs for the 3 pop NMs that drop key items.

While this is going on, war + whm will go around and kill NMs for Key items. War gets 10/13 of the WS' for red !!, so this is your combo for the NMs. Proc red and if red doesn't proc, deaggro the NM (if nobody else is around of course, and use conflux to do it) then reclaim to reset the trigger. This will take less time than farming a new pop set.

Check Chukwa from time to time, whoever claims have war come trigger it.

Then once you have a few pops, go ahead and pop it.

In your case, I'd probably just do 2 pops at a time, so the mnk's team can focus on killing stuff for pop items instead of having to come to the war's terf and pop NMs so he can get KI.

So I'd say KIs for war + whm, chloris x2, repeat while mnk and mage are farming pop items during this time. (anything from bloodshot hecteye to exorcised skull)
Oh yeah forgot to mention that most of the pop items for the KI nm's are like 100k a pop...
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-16 18:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he means buy the cheap pops like the HQ pincer/wing. Then the mnk/mage duo can go kill those for the 2nd tier pops.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-16 18:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea buy as much as you can that's affordable/reasonable, will save considerable amount of time.

Also, I checked your server, bat and hecteyes NM are expensive as ***, but can pop the scorp for 16k a pop
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-16 18:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Azagthothe said:
THF/WAR has 8/13 of the red procs at best and that's with a pitchfork for Raiden and skill gear/merits for Sunburst.

But to be fair, the WHM can obviously handle Sunburst if you don't have skill gear/merits.

Yes and TH which more than makes up for the loss of red procs.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-02-16 18:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can just build Pearl/Azure/Amber and then farm up your pop items.

That way as you are farming pop items, you also build TE and get some KIs while farming as well. We did that the last 10-15 buds I needed and it went very fast.