Forum » FFXI » NMs » KS99 at 90
KS99 at 90
 Leviathan.Mitsurughy
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: EnricO
By Leviathan.Mitsurughy 2011-02-11 05:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

HI, i would mostly be interested in turtle and behemoth (yes for black belt items).

Does anyone have any experience at 90 on what strat is good, how lowman can it be done ?

thanks in advance.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-02-11 05:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

behemoth:
rdm, blm, blm, whm, rdm.
we tried at 3 ppl with whm, blm, rdm once but didnt quite work very well.

first setup though was good enough.
just make "hate on <t>" macro and you should be fine.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-11 06:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

can a melee with empyrean weapon solo it?
 Ragnarok.Kingx
Server: Ragnarok
user: kingx
By Ragnarok.Kingx 2011-02-11 06:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
you are not inside abyssea.
[+]
 Leviathan.Joyroth
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2011-02-11 06:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what Blizzaja will do to that Turtle once we get it.
By Bimbam 2011-02-11 07:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a tricked out nin/dnc soloing behemoth. Abyssea or not capped subtle blow/evasion/gear haste/9 shadows & Migawari should be more than adequate. Kannagi would certainly help as far as time limit is concerned but even without it I imagine it's possible.

Might give it a go on my not so tricked out ninja some time this weekend and get back to you lol.
 Leviathan.Veltan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2011-02-11 07:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Was able to win all tries with Mnk Rdm and Whm on Behemoth. Takes about 15 minutes. Just make sure to have at least one person outside of Meteor range at 1% because it will still kill a mnk with 2k hp. Any time it did meteor before that it only hit for 700 or so.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2011-02-11 07:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We did behemoth, but not really low man, with 4 ppl our 1st try we wiped at 2% no RR up due to multiple deaths and mistake of rushing in the end, to give the final blow. Then we took 1 PTish and it was cake walk.

I would advise MB strat cause at 90 gravity and bind stick almost always... took us 11 minutes, the thing is... Record was 8 minutes and 1 second done by a single guy...

dont ask me how or with what job. Was what i had in log and i was very surprised. Cause someone instant killing would be faster, but a single person MBing it, even a blm or rdm with 2H, seems a bit fast, idk

Edited: oh but i got the tongue so thx everyone that helped and now im only missing the egg :p
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-02-11 07:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the Behemoth with 6 men. Whm, Rdm, War, Blu, Blm, and Thf. Use the slope near the start of the actual circle. The elevation still cancels out Meteor and AOE on the mages. We did it like that producing skillchains, not really MBing them either(though the BLM caught like 2 lol). Using this strategy we killed it(the entire BCNM) in 4 minutes 35~ish seconds. No 2hours, simple foods. Built TP before entering each time. Just make sure Reraise is up for that final Meteor.

The turtle requires more BLMs, and only really BLMs. We've yet to do it, but you have to spike it in and out of its shell still like in the old days. Tried to do it with that same setup as the Behemoth, and even timing the MB didn't spike it out of its shell. You want total control over the turtle. 6BLMs with Refresh support(couple RDMs or BRDs) could probably do it, spike it inside of its shell with Freeze II, then spike it out ASAP with Blizz V/IV.
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-02-11 07:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
behemoth:
rdm, blm, blm, whm, rdm.
we tried at 3 ppl with whm, blm, rdm once but didnt quite work very well.

first setup though was good enough.
just make "hate on <t>" macro and you should be fine.
Duo'd at 75.

A single manaburn party at 90 should have no issues, regardless of experience and gear.

Quote:
Was able to win all tries with Mnk Rdm and Whm on Behemoth. Takes about 15 minutes. Just make sure to have at least one person outside of Meteor range at 1% because it will still kill a mnk with 2k hp. Any time it did meteor before that it only hit for 700 or so.

Easy trick, use a NIN over the MNK. (MNKs are extremely overrated)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-11 07:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Migawari is broken
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-02-11 08:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For behemoth a rdm and blm/rdm/sch can duo it np. Its easy to gravity/bind though it will eventually start to resist gravity.

Turtle imo is a lot harder to low man just because of its regen. Tried it with rdmx2 blmx2 and got it to about 40% before we ran to low on mp and couldn't fight off its regen while in the shell. Though i'm sure it could be done with that setup. Just have to make sure you have MP to nuke it out before you put it into its shell which was our mistake. You can keep it silenced very easily so its spells shouldn't be a problem. Can also bind/gravity iirc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-11 08:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah turtle is incredibly easy to grav/bind
 Leviathan.Mitsurughy
user: EnricO
By Leviathan.Mitsurughy 2011-02-12 05:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks all gonna try some of the above. This seems a a lot easier than spending 21-24h in a weird place x.x
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2011-03-04 04:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats a good strat, for turtle?
 Bahamut.Jefant
user: mbm1980
By Bahamut.Jefant 2011-03-04 05:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

my pup did realy well on behemoth 2.8k -3.1k nukes and u dont have to wory about loseing mp or death at the end just let the puppet eat it at the end
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2011-03-04 05:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Turtle imo is a lot harder to low man just because of its regen. Tried it with rdmx2 blmx2 and got it to about 40% before we ran to low on mp and couldn't fight off its regen while in the shell.

WAT
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2011-03-04 05:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Think BST90 would have a chance at Behemoth?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-04 05:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:

lol