Forum » FFXI » NMs » Vadleany - WTF
Vadleany - WTF
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-10 11:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Vadleany - a pretty little nice looking friendly looking lady bug.

Ok, seriously wtf is up with this lady bug it's been a while that an NM has given my friends and I as much trouble that this little *** has. Especially a friggen 5th Echelon, I just feel like I am doingitrong.

How are people effectively killing this NM, the testimonials I read on wiki make it seem like I'm fighting an all together different NM, the NM I am fighting has really high evasion and great accuracy and hits hella hard, a THF and I tried to duo it a month back and had a very difficult time trying to evade. We didn't have a THF last time we tried fighting it just a couple MNKs and a NIN.

Perhaps it needs to be a kite fight, we just weren't setup for that we haven't needed to kite anything in quite some time. The first time we made the mistake of DoTing it. The next time we tried to straight tank without any debuffs and that didn't go well. The next time we tried stun locking it (we thought maybe stuns wouldn't raise the DMG of the AoE move because it will wear by the time it can use it) but that didn't go over well with the 2 people we had that could stun + a BLU who's stuns got resisted rather quickly.

I am not positive what spells exactly will raise the dmg of Spiral Burst it seemed like even when we did not DoT/Debuff it they still 1 shotted our guys. Maybe it should just be a kite/nuke fight we didn't try but I thought I would hear what others had to say. After a few tries we just ended up buying the damn pop items rather than trying to spam him.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-10 14:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i can tank it with RR GH Apoc if i have mambo from a brd. Can do it without a brd but its kind of sketch. BRD/WHM RDM/BLM THF/NIN can trio it very easily.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-10 15:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol our best THF is pretty much our only BRD, fml. I'll have to try again I guess
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-10 16:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime I fought it the spiral burst dmg seemed really random. Like it could do hardly any dmg with tons of debuffs on it or alot. Same with none. Eventually we just got 2 tanks and I came blu/thf so I could CDC SATACA benthic darkness onto one of them.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-02-10 16:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

He/she really sucks in comparison to other t1 nms. Kiting does work however, you just have to have someone ready to stun tornado. The rocks near her pop are fine for kiting. I have no idea what causes spiral burst to do so much damage. I can say for sure it has nothing to do with how many debuffs she has.

Oh I was gonna say you should farm gold chests for the fluid if that's what your after. Drops like candy with ~5 amber lights (3/3 abyssites).
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-10 16:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help everyone, we had a few of the fluids from random gold boxes but didn't necessarily go out farming them might be an easier solution next time.

Sounds like EVA tanking might be the best bet or kiting so we can give it another try.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2011-02-10 16:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not mentioned on any wiki submission, and I might add it myself, but it can immediately use Spiral Burst. Every time I have fought this, it popped with Spiral Burst. That is to say it basically readied Spiral Burst as it faded in on my screen. Killing me instantly each time (damn low BRD HP). Also, each time, the damage was high regardless of debuffs on it. I went an entire fight without a single debuff, and it was still pumping out 3-7k Spiral Bursts.

What sucks even more is its really high Triple Attack rate. For awhile, we were thinking it have innate Triple Attack for regular attack rounds, until we saw a few single hit rounds.

Honestly, I think that if this isn't watered down, it should changed to a higher tier with better drops.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-10 16:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to fight this once while working on thf body...

After this attempt, we bought or farmed all our fluids from gold chests. It was much easier that way.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-10 20:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We trio'd mnk/whm/brd, brd backup healing helped