Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22593 22594 22595 ... 22606 22607 22608
By Pantafernando 2024-05-18 01:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Why are there two Jessi, I am so confused.

Originally there was Jessi-cat.

Now that people can change races, it will be Jessigalkah
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-18 04:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda feel like playing Lunar: Eternal Blue as my next retro game revisit....

But damn, even a used copy in lame condition is extremely expensive on ebay, from $100-$350+.....

Remake/remaster/re-release yes please ;(

Back to using let's play videos for my retro game revisit again.....
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-18 05:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Emulate it

I own Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

You can borrow it from me and download a copy. Being environmentally responsible by not physically shipping it and wasting plastic and oil this way.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-18 06:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont start again the convo about piracy, you
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-18 06:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Emulate it

But piracy and karma ;(

Thanks but I'll let let's play video do the trick for my nostalgia feels until someone finally decide to remaster it again. They really SHOULD! >:O
By Pantafernando 2024-05-18 06:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a lotof RPGs I would want to (re)try, but like that time when I retried Xenogears, I dropped after the first random encounter right at the beginning of the zone.

I enjoy active and real time battle. Turn based and random encounter is just a no no to me.

Also, old games were super stingy with exp, meaning a solid time of playthrough is only running in circles in the same area, waiting animation to start, to finish, waiting everyone make their move, etc.

SMT3 aas barely bearable because I used from the beginning the DLC zones, that speed up the exp and money grinding. After i learned about recalling used monsters with money, i decided that there wasnt really any point fighting anything outside DLC zones: if i needed a monster, i would buy the “ingredients” and fuse them. If i needed level, i would farm the books.

So, the playthrough was better because i was 99% of the time under estoma, the SMT3 repel magic.

But if i had to play without the DLC, with TNL nearing 100k while mobs garely giving 1k exp, every lv up only adding one measly point of attribute, i dont think i would have finished it. I wouldnt even get to the half
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-18 06:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently on standby in games to catch up some reading/learning ive got in my backlog.

Playing my old friend Age of Mythology vs CPU match as a breather
By Pantafernando 2024-05-18 07:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Etimi

Malista

Vulome

Pame!
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-18 08:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
But piracy and karma ;(

What is the karma argument here when you look at games that are no longer being produced and unlikely to be remastered? You might cost the company money in the future if you scratch your itch now and 6 years down the road they release a remaster and you don't buy it then? You could always commit to buying remaster immediately if it comes out.

Seems silly to chase discontinued game cd, for discontinued console, that is exorbitantly expensive and likely to fail in the near future.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-18 08:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
But piracy and karma ;(

What is the karma argument here when you look at games that are no longer being produced and unlikely to be remastered?

You don't know, to be honest.

I used to download a bunch of rom when I was a kid, however my FF1, FF3 and FF6 rom were broken, so I couldn't finish the game.

Years later when they re-release those titles on gba and nds I bought them all.

On the other hand I beat Secret of Mana using emulator because the rom worked. Years later when SE re-release the game again I have zero intention to buy.

I would say having play the game before and completed it affected my willingness to purchase the same game years later.

You could always commit to buying remaster immediately if it comes out.

I don't see a point though. My desire to scratch the itch isn't THST high if a legit copy isn't available. (Let's play video is a thing to scratch my itch after all). however if they release a copy that cost money, and I paid money for it, then I am way more likely to complete the game if I spend money on it.

I guess that's more of a human psychology thing.

Seems silly to chase discontinued game cd, for discontinued console, that is exorbitantly expensive and likely to fail in the near future

Silly or not, those old CD have real value in the market, and the value continue to increase every year.

I purchased a copy of black label Xenogears like maybe 16 years ago for $50, now the price for the same game under the same condition is around $150-$200.

So there is definitely a reason to chase old game CD even if you choose to emulate it, that reason is money.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-18 08:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 0 regret pirating even brand new Nintendo games. *** Nintendo. Steam Deck is a better switch anyway
[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-18 08:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to unlazy and figure that out
By Pantafernando 2024-05-18 08:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no reservation to resort to piracy. But I also dont mind buying in official store if its available because most likely, the time I will take to complete said game will be more than enough to make up the money spent.

Obviously if there is a good game only available in another platform like Stellar Blade, I wont buy a PS5 only to play that or a couple of other games. In those situations, I would resort to some download if I was really dying to play it, what is actually not the case with Stellar Blade.

My own rule is: official games for Switch and Steam because price is ok for me, and easily available; emulators for any other
 Bahamut.Jhesi
Server: Bahamut
user: Jessie
By Bahamut.Jhesi 2024-05-18 09:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
There is a lotof RPGs I would want to (re)try
There's a lot of good ones out there. But RPGs are probably the hardest genre to replay just due to time.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-18 11:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jhesi said: »
There is a lotof RPGs I would want to (re)try
There's a lot of good ones out there. But RPGs are probably the hardest genre to replay just due to time.

Let's play videos!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-18 11:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried out a new pair of cheapo headphones.

Frankly kinda crazy, new default recommendation for normies looking to get into good audio equipment. Cheap and effective.
By Wordspoken 2024-05-18 12:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Tried out a new pair of cheapo headphones.

Frankly kinda crazy, new default recommendation for normies looking to get into good audio equipment. Cheap and effective.
sennheiser used to be my price/quality goto, but then they became a brand and upped their prices accordingly.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-18 14:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Todays news: "Woman kisses a snake"

Me: "I know what they will say in comments, lets check it out"

I wasnt disappointed.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-05-18 16:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently on standby in games to catch up some reading/learning ive got in my backlog.

Playing my old friend Age of Mythology vs CPU match as a breather

Star Ocean 3!
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-18 16:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Years later when SE re-release the game again I have zero intention to buy.

Saving yourself and the impression of the game, that remake was trash. It robbed the characters of their personality and the gameplay was super drab compared to the original.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-18 17:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly or not, those old CD have real value in the market, and the value continue to increase every year.
The value goes up because of stupid idiots who will pay $300 for a pokemon gold cartridge.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-18 18:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Or $150 for a 30 year old CD of a game no longer sold that they had already bought when it was new, presumably.
By mhomho 2024-05-18 19:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Panzer Dragoon Saga is like a grand now-a-days. I would have loved to experience it during it's prime, but come on, who had a Saturn?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2024-05-18 20:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
Panzer Dragoon Saga is like a grand now-a-days. I would have loved to experience it during it's prime, but come on, who had a Saturn?

Well this brought back some hazy memories. I feel like I had a Saturn at some point, but I can't remember how or when I got it nor do I have a clue where it went. As someone who refuses to get rid of any of my old games, this fact is now bothering me. I guess it really was an inconsequential console.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-18 21:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
Panzer Dragoon Saga is like a grand now-a-days
By Pantafernando 2024-05-19 01:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you, new and old employee.

And also you, that is unemployed. Be it because you didnt find a job or because you simply dont like to work
By Pantafernando 2024-05-19 01:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that tomorrow gonna start a new job, I suppose I need better clothes

Lemme buy quickly some decent outfit, BRB
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-19 01:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, Im ready now

[+]
By Afania 2024-05-19 03:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you, new and old employee.

And also you, that is unemployed. Be it because you didnt find a job or because you simply dont like to work

"Unemployment" and "don't like to work" aren't all that related though. Unemployment is a state describing someone hired by an employer, "don't like to work" is a preference.

If one person isn't hired by an employer, but they have assets that generate income, and they love managing or growing those assets. Asset management is their "work" that generates income, but they are still unemployed. They are technically working while staying unemployed.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 05:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, that interview with a vampire show got a second season.

Didn't expect that, forgot the first season existed despite a mild passing interest in seeing it. Must be pretty good, quite high ratings and didnt get cancelled.
First Page 2 3 ... 22593 22594 22595 ... 22606 22607 22608