Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22339 22340 22341 ... 22575 22576 22577
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bluespoons 2022-12-29 13:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to seeing some of these comments on r/niceguy
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 13:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyhow, Congrats to Vyre, I think he knew but for any wondering I was just joshing him, likely the same thing he buddies said to him when he announced his engagement.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-29 13:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 13:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-12-29 13:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Pele

To keep it totally on topic with this shitshow, I wonder how many broads he banged or something
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2022-12-29 13:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Also while this is Undead Random, Rooks might start curb stomping if this thread goes on much longer

Nah. No one's broken any rules and the debate is civilized. Why would I crack down on that?

Like, if that changes, that's a different matter, obviously
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 14:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Most men can compartmentalize sex to a far greater degree than most women can, a man can have sex and think nothing of the other person. It's just a lustful act cause he was horny the offer was there.

It tends to be a more emotional thing for women, and as such a far bigger deal if the woman cheats on the man. It is usually for emotional reasons, and as such almost always means the relationship is over.

If you need proof of that, how many women goto sex workers. Going to one is souless and depressing. But most men jdgaf and want to get off, it starts and ends at that.

Again none of that matters, only a small fraction of men have the opportunity to cheat. The unflattering truth is that men are only as faithful as their options, and most men have none. Women, while less predisposed to cheating, can do so whenever they want with a simple phone call, text message, or DM. We can all "want" 1,000,000 dollars, how many of us have the opportunity to get that $1,000,000 dollars?

The numbers are really harsh, women find ~80% of men "unattractive".

From a tinder study, though every other dating app and sexual dynamics study ends up getting the same results.

Quote:
It was determined that the bottom 80% of men (in terms of attractiveness) are competing for the bottom 22% of women and the top 78% of women are competing for the top 20% of men

Bottom 80% of men are virtually invisible with only ~20% of women taking interest. Top ~60% of women are only interested in the top ~10% of men. Top 85% of women are interested in the top ~5% of men.

And this all lines up with genetic studies that found that about five female homo sapiens reproduced for every male homo sapiens that reproduced, with the pattern going back over a hundred thousand years, which is as long as they can reliable study human DNA. In times of extreme resource constraints, that number jumped to ten females preproducing for every one male.

To bring it all to a close, more women cheat because they have both the motive and the opportunity to do so. Men cheat less because while they may have the motive they lack the opportunity. While a women might cheat on her partner with one other partner, the man would cheat with many partners.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-29 14:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

this is halal
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-12-29 14:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ah, ffxi players.

never change
By Draylo 2022-12-29 15:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I love how a passing by comment I made somehow makes some purists upset and some calling for mod intervention lol! Just chill out, all grown adults and really lame to pile on with personal attacks calling people incels and hopeless etc. You really don't know people, so probably not wise to judge. We all have different opinions and someone was discussing divorce, nobody is coming for your relationship or forcing you to do anything you don't want to.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-12-29 15:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only going to agree with Saevel's study because it apparently puts even me in the top 20% haha
[+]
By Draylo 2022-12-29 15:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
No one said fix. lol
I did, because you people are *** damaged.

RadialArcana said: »
This is why sex workers are the best people for men to cheat with if they have to

Plus of course women are ***. irritating. Who in their right mind wants more of them around

Draylo said: »
The old timey stuff never works in my opinion, most have lied to themselves

Like, I have genuine concerns for y'all. Love yourselves, and be happy, and you'll find something out there if you want it. The notion that we're all just libidos with debit cards is horrifying and bleak.

So this was civil? Not how I'm reading it, a lot of judging. I'm far from unhappy thanks.
By Draylo 2022-12-29 15:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone cheats, humans are not designed for monogamy.

They may not do it literally (physically), but every one does it. Of course, unless you accept that it's fact and don't simply go with it because you're "supposed to".

It's like the idea of discussing this causes people to get offended. I thought we were past such archaic beliefs but no. If you are happy, great, but a lot of people are not designed like that if you ask me and it's just my opinion
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-29 15:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not "like", it is. Remember how I said people are easy manipulated.

Couple buzzwords is all it takes. Sometimes less.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 16:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone cheats, humans are not designed for monogamy.

They may not do it literally (physically), but every one does it. Of course, unless you accept that it's fact and don't simply go with it because you're "supposed to".

It's like the idea of discussing this causes people to get offended. I thought we were past such archaic beliefs but no. If you are happy, great, but a lot of people are not designed like that if you ask me and it's just my opinion

Well monogamy was a system that gives the bottom 80% of males a reason to do something productive for the tribe. It's why every culture arrived at some version of that eventually. Instead of the Chief and his close friends having all the fertile females, they allow the lower males the chance at procreation with one female in exchange for them doing something beneficial.

It's neither good nor bad, just is. Understanding the reasons and history lets us make whatever choice is best for us individually.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 16:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
I'm only going to agree with Saevel's study because it apparently puts even me in the top 20% haha

You would be amazed at how skewed that bar is these days. Unfortunately the sexual marketplace is both deregulated and globalized. Dudes in Miami or London will pay to fly out chicks from Milwaukie. Every dude is now completing with every other dude in the world.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-12-29 16:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Or to put it another way, 80% of men are completely invisible to most women. The top 1~5% of men get almost all the sexual attention, with the other ~15% getting whatever the top dudes don't get. Bottom 80% of largely invisible, I believe you just referenced them earlier with your derogatory term "incel". More women cheat, but they are all cheating with the same dude.
This argument is quite prominent on incel boards and its flat wrong.

Sure, all of us, male female whatever, want to date people we find attractive but we all find different types of people attractive.

I have this great tendency to go for smarts, wit, and snark. Appearance maters little. A friend insists on chest hair, another on love handles. I knew several who like guys shorter then they are. Some like jocks, some like musicians (depends on the genera with those), and some like the unavailable.

"He makes me laugh" Jessica Rabbit.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-29 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to swallow truth, it is true. Those girls that like the random things you mention, are the lower % of women so they have to take what they can get. They alter their standards so they can match.

Worth noting it's never 0 or 100, there's always going to be some nonzero amount of "anomaly"

If you're a girl dating some odd duck it's cause you're not the 8/9/10 you think you are, you're mid. Sorry to shatter your reality
(A midwest 10 is a west coast 4, too, don't forget).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 16:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Or to put it another way, 80% of men are completely invisible to most women. The top 1~5% of men get almost all the sexual attention, with the other ~15% getting whatever the top dudes don't get. Bottom 80% of largely invisible, I believe you just referenced them earlier with your derogatory term "incel". More women cheat, but they are all cheating with the same dude.
This argument is quite prominent on incel boards and its flat wrong.

Sure, all of us, male female whatever, want to date people we find attractive but we all find different types of people attractive.

I have this great tendency to go for smarts, wit, and snark. Appearance maters little. A friend insists on chest hair, another on love handles. I knew several who like guys shorter then they are. Some like jocks, some like musicians (depends on the genera with those), and some like the unavailable.

"He makes me laugh" Jessica Rabbit.

Your feelings don't matter, every study ever done, including ones centered around our DNA from before language existed, has proved that number right. Humans are animals, four out of every five males had their DNA end up in the evolutionary trashcan. Also I never mentioned income once, money isn't what makes men sexually attractive, just the traits that do typically also bring success in some form or another.

I mean you just kinda proved it by using that same derogatory term "incel". Its a short epitaph for someone who is involuntary celibate, as in they want to have sex but do not have the opportunity. Even old grandmas are using males lack of access to sex as an insult.
By Draylo 2022-12-29 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In a sense its "depressing" if you examine it factually but it is the truth. Thats what I was getting at for divorce, and why its so prominent. Its not always the case, but boredom and being tired of someone you are constantly with (especially during pandemic and always seeing them) is a real thing lol.

Quote:
Men and women look for and are impressed with different things from the opposite sex.

Men are far more impressed with what they see, if a guy does not like how a woman looks it's going to be near impossible to make him like her from a dating standpoint.

Women are far less, you very much can impress and make a woman like you by making her laugh at your jokes, getting on really well or being passionate about something.

There is a reason women wear makeup, and men don't.

Honestly a lot of things you've said here have been quite outdated. Some men do wear makeup actually, concealer and foundation at the least. Also your opinions on sex workers is almost insulting, that isn't true at all. Dont be so "old timey" in viewpoints, lets expand our minds.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-12-29 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Has nothing to do with me, just seemed really silly to say they are robots that don't feel, dont you think? They are humans too and do the lords work.
By Draylo 2022-12-29 17:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you never seen pretty woman!?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-29 18:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

*Changes Radial Arcana's name to CollimatedFervor.*

Yeah. Yeah. I think that's more better.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 18:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you never seen pretty woman!?

Yes ... lets live our lives according to Hollywood female fantasy films... that's sure to work out swell.

Not defending Radial but the whole pair bonding thing does exist as us homo sapiens are mammals too, and intercourse with multiple partners can mess up the chemical receptors in the brain for female homo sapiens. The hormones are oxytocin and vasopressin, after a female has positive sexual encounter her brain will release oxytocin to encourage her to stick with that male, the assumed goal was that by staying around the female could have repeated sexual encounters, while discouraging competitors and having him provide resources and security for the soon to arrive children. Vasopressin is the hormone females have prior to and immediately after childbirth, it's to encourage them to bond with and take care of the child. Males don't produce nearly as much oxytocin and the effect is minimal, though they do develop preferences for that female after being introduced to oxytocin.

Yeah tests have been done involving injecting males and females with these hormones and observing the effects. The effects were all short term, it seems our hormones are trying to get us to select the best mate candidates, make babies with them, stick around a few years for those babies to be self sufficient, then start the whole process over again.
First Page 2 3 ... 22339 22340 22341 ... 22575 22576 22577