Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22016 22017 22018 ... 22566 22567 22568
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-28 01:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I crazy or does the way Google search results appear look different, and horrible today? Also... Adblock Plus isn't perfect at catching ads on Youtube and that's new.

Anyone else having these issues?

Edit: I think I had a noscript rule blocking something google needed to load properly. Hrmph!
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-28 03:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
SE has been pretty off lately with their ports/remakes/remasters and that's like the one thing SE really loves to push is their old content on newer platforms. I have little faith in them at this point to make anyone really happy. Aside from the fact that people could be happy they are acknowledging the Chrono series at all, even if it is just a remake and nothing new.

Worst case scenario with all of their ports/remakes/remasters, however, even if the new versions suck, it doesn't mean they take away the older versions. We can still go back and play the older versions that we loved.

Until they just start nuking old versions...

. The chrono cross remaster is getting panzar dragoon remake treatment the guy is not keeping it subtle anymore, https://mobile.twitter.com/Anseaume?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1464213585194852374%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fgamerant.com%2Fchrono-cross-remake-developer-forever-entertainment%2F

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-28 10:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy 14 Player Took 230 Million From A House-Buying Bot
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-11-28 10:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And for those who want it in Video format!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-28 11:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

FOUR DAYS
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-28 11:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they take down the original GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas for PC when they released the trilogy package? Didn't keep up with that since I have all 3 PC games already.
They did. And then they took the remastered trilogy down because they were caught illegally distributing music for which they didn't hold the rights lol

Rather than remove the music files from the game, they added flags that caused the in-game radios to skip songs they couldn't license. But because the music files were packaged within the games they were selling, they're technically still selling people property they weren't authorized to.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-11-28 14:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Third post because I'm a pleb. 13 Sentinels is coming to Switch! The story in that game is so so good. If this is your only way to play it then I HIGHLY recommend it. Thank you Rooks for directing my attention to it awhile ago. It was amazing.

Oh heck yeah! @_@ I second this recommendation and would also like to thank Rooks for directing this hell of a gem to my attention as well!

It is an absolutely stellar game.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-28 15:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww, isn't that sweet? Everybody wins on Ragnarok! :D

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-28 16:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Me when I eat da lasagna
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-28 19:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

t-this is all wrong! Sandy should be in first! Not sharing the spotlight with LASTOK
More like... BESTok.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-28 19:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of old games, I'm sloooooooowly making my way through FFIII on the PSP. I'm going for a 100% chests and bestiary file, and I'm following a guide on GameFAQs (for the very similar Nintendo DS version of FFIII) that is regarded as the absolute best.

I hit a bit of a snag when the guide said I should be at 40% chests opened at a certain point when I was only at 39%. So, I spent hours going through old dungeons and checking my inventory for anything I could have possibly missed....

As I eventually found out, the PSP and Windows/iOS ports of the game removed a chest that was present in the original and DS ports of the game. The item it contains is minor and irrelevant, but the difference in the chest count throws off the percentage slightly. I went on a wild goose chase for nothing, all thanks to a chest that was removed for seemingly no reason.

Tl;dr: Completionism is a disease. Don't suffer like me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-28 19:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oof. I botted a house once.... It was my house that I accidentally let expire (despite playing consistently) and desperately wanted to get back. I couldn't stay awake all night clicking on it, so I downloaded a basic program to make it work. I keep a vast majority of my gil on retainers, so I guess if someone wanted to screw with me they wouldn't have done much damage....
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-28 20:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that guide and I know exactly what you're talking about. That changed chest does throw it off. Oh, and that guide-writer really likes Refia. Understandable though.

To the "completionish is a disease. don't suffer like me" statement, this is my recent FFV Advance run and the reason I'm basically not playing through Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster any time soon.

So many lost-forever locations in this game that I couldn't even go back and hunt down what I missed, even if I wanted to.

In other news, I played some FF14 tonight. All the chit-chat on this forum made me curious to give it a shot again. Got my character to level 5, figured out how to turn off other people's names (because F all of that clutter in towns), and set up my key configuration to mimic FF11's setup. I think 14 would have done better at launch/reborn if the controls were like 11s (or at least a "Legacy Controls From FFXI"-like setting option was there). I don't think I'll go back to it though. I just can't see myself devoting another lifetime to another MMO. It is really pretty on other people's YouTube videos of it, however.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-28 21:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you remember your server?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-28 21:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyperion on my free-to-play that I randomly use when I get the itch to play.

I just looked at my actual registered paid-for version of 14 and it says I made a character on Malboro server way back on Sep. 16, 2013. I literally bought the game, had a month of free play that came with the purchase, played with character creation screen and watched the multiple intros a few times over the course of a few days and never actually subbed.

Up next, however... it's time for me to go big on Final Fantasy VI for PC though. Low level game. 100% bestiary. All formations. All rare steals/drops (unless common steal/drop are better somehow, imo). I sense a lot of resetting in my future. Let's go!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-28 22:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, I played some FF14 tonight. All the chit-chat on this forum made me curious to give it a shot again. Got my character to level 5, figured out how to turn off other people's names (because F all of that clutter in towns), and set up my key configuration to mimic FF11's setup. I think 14 would have done better at launch/reborn if the controls were like 11s (or at least a "Legacy Controls From FFXI"-like setting option was there). I don't think I'll go back to it though. I just can't see myself devoting another lifetime to another MMO. It is really pretty on other people's YouTube videos of it, however.
The controls when I was giving XIV a shot are actually what prompted me to rejoin XI. I was having issues tabbing over to the targets I wanted and thought to myself "I remember this being a bit more intuitive in XI". But then I thought "Naw, I'm probably just remembering through rose-tinted glasses. Maybe I should play it again to prove to myself that XI is just a decrepit mess"

I resubscribed to XI and realized that its design just appealed more to me. It wasn't just nostalgia, it was a genuine appreciation for the experience. Still, I continued to endure XIV for the sake of having something to play with my friends. That is until they pushed me too far and made me genuinely hate it.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-28 22:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and one takeaway from Pixel Remasters is that the gallery is finally HD.

PSP:

Pixel Remaster:
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2021-11-28 22:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

Aww, isn't that sweet? Everybody wins on Ragnarok! :D
t-this is all wrong! Sandy should be in first! Not sharing the spotlight with LASTOK
This
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-28 22:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that guide and I know exactly what you're talking about. That changed chest does throw it off. Oh, and that guide-writer really likes Refia.

Yay, somebody who knows what I'm talking about!

To the "completionish is a disease. don't suffer like me" statement, this is my recent FFV Advance run and the reason I'm basically not playing through Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster any time soon.

So many lost-forever locations in this game that I couldn't even go back and hunt down what I missed, even if I wanted to.

Indeed. I still get annoyed thinking of past FF titles that I didn't complete to my level of satisfaction. I killed so, so many enemies trying to get the super rare summons in FFIV before finally giving up in frustration. Also, Vivi's jump rope game in FFIX....

The desire to 100% is the main reason I barely even touched FFXII. I know I want to, but I'm not ready for that kind of commitment yet.
By Jetackuu 2021-11-28 22:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Vivi's jump rope game

There's literal scripts to run it, as it's near-impossible for a human, lol...

Still wish 9 had a NG+, would make ***like that worthwhile.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-28 22:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Vivi's jump rope game

There's literal scripts to run it, as it's near-impossible for a human, lol...

Still wish 9 had a NG+, would make ***like that worthwhile.

Yup. Though my near-perfect save file is on a PS1 memory card. I bought a turbo controller just to beat Hippaul racing, but nothing was going to save me from Vivi's jump rope back in those days.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-28 22:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 ... 22016 22017 22018 ... 22566 22567 22568