Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21920 21921 21922 ... 22624 22625 22626
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 04:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so sick and tired of being pestered to get the shot by people who don't really understand why it's not worth getting, for people that are fit and healthy.

There is no herd immunity / greater good argument if you can still catch it and pass it on after getting it, and you can and it's been 100% proven this is the case because you're still wearing the mask after being "double jabbed". This family of viruses have a very high mutation rate, there will always be another variant.

The "I know it's garbo, but just do as they say and they will let us go back to normal" is as stupid as giving a bully your money and thinking they will not bully you again tomorrow. There is always another booster shot and there is way too much money to be made to let this golden goose fade into history now.

At this point I think it's just "misery loves company" mindset, I had to do is so you do.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-08-08 05:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I'm so sick and tired of being pestered to get the shot by people who don't really understand why it's not worth getting, for people that are fit and healthy
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/08/study-ties-covid-vaccines-lower-transmission-rates
By Shichishito 2021-08-08 05:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure what's it with all those nurses with syringe pics but guess i'll give it a shot.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-08 06:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 06:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I would reply kinda agreeing with Radial, but then i thought this should be moved to P&R, but then i noticed it was blocked again, but then i thought that, despite agreeing, its all part of our destiny as a human race. To make choices. To have the consequences of those choices. Hopefully to learn with past mistakes.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 06:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultimately, everyone has to make their own decision. People just need to stop assuming everyone that does not do as they are told is stupid and doesn't understand the situation.

I had a family friend yesterday go off on me about this, she has had both shots, she wears and uses a new mask every day, she washes her hands so much she has rashes and she tried to shame me for not being like her.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 06:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone received their Chocobo / Shantoto figure from the Square Enix store yet?

I ordered a FFXI and FFXIV figure from months ago, I know figures are made to order so take many months but they are awful at communicating when stuff is going to be sent. Got the 14 one a while ago.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 06:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some friends being surprises at me when asked, I said "i wasnt in a rush to take them". Like, this is no matter for surprise, this is a matter of being ignored at most.

Yeah, like you said before, just ignore for now. This is just the hype of the moment. Give it more few months and people wont be talking about that much anymore, im sure of it.

Here in my country they are still moving slowly and didnt reach the adolescent and childrens age. Once its over, most people should restart moving on their lives if they can feel secure again.

And stopping caring with others.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-08 06:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a part of a society means doing things you don't necessarily agree with for the good of that society.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 07:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a political view tbf.

One says the individual need to serve the society. The other says the society needs to serve the individual.

Depending on what moment in time youre looking, one side can be more prevalent than the other.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-08 07:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

it's only as political as you make it out to be.

A group of humans can't function without some concession. we agree not to drive 125 down side streets, we agree not to shoot each other, we agree not to *** kids, we agree to maintain best health practices like bathing and clothing and vaccinating.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-08 07:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just wait until those disgusting little children get back into their little classrooms and we'll see how it goes.

I don't see it working out well. Just sayin'.

Kids are disgusting little germ factories. That is a view that has been shared by many many people for ages before the current day and age. Maybe not the "disgusting" part, but the "germ factories" part.

Again... we will see.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 07:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The other day I saw a very saddening but very true meme.

I wont paste it because its in portuguese but it says:

Nowaday adults:

- Put their parents in asylum.
- Put their children in nurseries.
- Take their pets for a walk in park.

Thats how we are nowaday...
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 07:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Being a part of a society means doing things you don't necessarily agree with for the good of that society.

This is very true, however if every person that is alive today took it they can still catch and pass the virus on to others (even if it's to a lesser degree) and so you cannot get to zero infection status. This is why you still have to wear your mask no matter how many shots you get. This is not a smallpox situation because this virus has a very high mutation factor, there will be no end to the variants and we will always have it with us now.

Are you going to take every booster shot every 6 months for every new variant? If not, why not? since this argument is as valid for this scenario as taking one or two. Are you being selfish if you took two but refuse to take the booster for the new variant? and the next variant and the next..
By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 07:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh... that feeling when you just saw a sketch about schizophrenia, then you open google for a more accurate description to its symptoms then you start relating to half of it... well, at least i just relate to it in the "benign" half of it so its all good.

The other day I did the same with autism symptoms and i felt related to even more than half of it... but then I notice most autism symptoms are too generic and anwfully seems more like a certain type of behaviours that I suppose someone didnt like and decided to bundle it all together in a generic state.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 07:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Eh... that feeling when you just saw a sketch about schizophrenia, then you open google for a more accurate description to its symptoms then you start relating to half of it... well, at least i just relate to it in the "benign" half of it so its all good.

The other day I did the same with autism symptoms and i felt related to even more than half of it... but then I notice most autism symptoms are too generic and anwfully seems more like a certain type of behaviours that I suppose someone didnt like and decided to bundle it all together in a generic state.

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-08 08:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

we agree not to shoot each other
I thought you were American.

I would reply kinda agreeing with Radial, but then i thought this should be moved to P&R, but then i noticed it was blocked again
I made a post in P&R a bit over two days ago as a test. It worked.
By Viciouss 2021-08-08 08:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Suicide Squad ended up being way better than I expected. Great movie. I hope James Gunn makes more.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 09:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

I would reply kinda agreeing with Radial, but then i thought this should be moved to P&R, but then i noticed it was blocked again

Yeah, I replied to that post and got blocked message.

Or maybe you got FFXIAH superpower, idk
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-08 09:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooo.... superpowers!

I like that idea.
By Draylo 2021-08-08 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone received their Chocobo / Shantoto figure from the Square Enix store yet?

I ordered a FFXI and FFXIV figure from months ago, I know figures are made to order so take many months but they are awful at communicating when stuff is going to be sent. Got the 14 one a while ago.

SE store is generally horrible with shipping on time. I am still waiting for my 3 sets, and I ordered them in 3 different stores. I am also still waiting for Aerith bring arts :/

I'm so sick and tired of being pestered to get the shot by people who don't really understand why it's not worth getting, for people that are fit and healthy.

There is no herd immunity / greater good argument if you can still catch it and pass it on after getting it, and you can and it's been 100% proven this is the case because you're still wearing the mask after being "double jabbed". This family of viruses have a very high mutation rate, there will always be another variant.

The "I know it's garbo, but just do as they say and they will let us go back to normal" is as stupid as giving a bully your money and thinking they will not bully you again tomorrow. There is always another booster shot and there is way too much money to be made to let this golden goose fade into history now.

At this point I think it's just "misery loves company" mindset, I had to do is so you do.

Really feels we are gonna be stuck in this twilight zone forever. I am visiting Spain and here its like how it was in US a year ago. Everyone with masks 24/7, even while sitting down at a restaurant, people just too afraid with the news scaring them everyday. Even if you're vaccinated now you must wear a mask, I was forced into getting it because I travel often but the airports didn't even ask me for a test or if I was vaccinated, so maybe it was for nothing lol.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 09:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just checked the store and noticed, shipping in November.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-08-08 10:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Yeah, I replied to that post and got blocked message.

Or maybe you got FFXIAH superpower, idk

My latest theory is that they blocked people from posting in P&R threads but didn't block people from creating them.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 11:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
My latest theory is that they blocked people from posting in P&R threads but didn't block people from creating them.

True.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-08 11:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So lets create a new topic for each reply so
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 11:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like the perfect forum, you can say whatever you want and nobody can argue with you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21920 21921 21922 ... 22624 22625 22626