Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21880 21881 21882 ... 22572 22573 22574
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-23 07:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo has a YouTube channel! :D

Thanks for uploading the song, btw!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-23 10:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I love when a lottery NM takes ages to pop. Nothing I like more than sitting here for 5 minutes watching my Hide cooldown timer to let me know when I need to do something for 3 seconds every five minutes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-23 10:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lottery spawns are a great idea in theory: a more challenging foe that only shows up occasionally while you're adventuring and offers cool bonus rewards. But that falls apart when those items are ridiculously strong and sought-after by tons of people.

I remember back in the day Leaping Boots were the best footwear in the game pretty much right up to Lv.75 for Thief. They're a Lv.7 item in a beginner zone!

Angry Video Game Nerd: "What were they thinking?!"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-06-23 11:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Draylo has a YouTube channel! :D

Thanks for uploading the song, btw!
He sure does. I got his upload of Wail of the Void on repeat a lot when I'm in the mood for sorrowful piano/strings.

Still a bit upset that they axed The Divine and other later zone Seekers of Adoulin tracks from Youtube. Have to "surreptitiously" use my GF's spotify account to listen to them now. *sigh*
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-06-23 11:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hugs horny on main again.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-23 11:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My mind every time someone says "Onlyfans".
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-23 12:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Like you wouldn't want to see a cuteboi dressed up as a BLU. YOU'RE FOOLING YOURSELF.

And using a dickzona.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-23 20:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-23 22:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the Aion Classic Empyrean Lord pack, time to grind
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-06-24 03:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-24 09:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel horrible for the people killed/hurt/displaced by the Miami building collapse. It's like... for the last year and a half it's been all "Stay home. Be safe"... and now even that isn't a given anymore.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-24 09:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I feel horrible for the people killed/hurt/displaced by the Miami building collapse. It's like... for the last year and a half it's been all "Stay home. Be safe"... and now even that isn't a given anymore.
I hadn't heard anything, but I looked it up as soon as I read this. That's horrible... I can't even begin to imagine how scary that would be.

I really want to know what happened to make a building experience such catastrophic failure with no warning at all.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 09:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is built by the lowest bidder, with the lowest cost materials, with the most corners cut, with no longevity.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-24 09:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly many coastal communities didn't have building codes in place until the past 20 years or so that properly account for the erosion just from the salt air on structures. It wouldn't surprise me to eventually hear that this building was build perfectly up to existing code at the time, but may not meet today's standards. 40 years isn't that long, yet at the same time is definitely long enough.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-24 10:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
isn't that long, yet at the same time is definitely long enough.

Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-24 10:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
isn't that long, yet at the same time is definitely long enough.

of "The Office" references I expected to be paired with my comment you extracted, "That's what she said" would have been what I expected.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-24 10:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The "That's what she said" was implied without words via the image. That's what I intended.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-24 11:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Everything is built by the lowest bidder, with the lowest cost materials, with the most corners cut, with no longevity.
While that's all true, there are still minimum design requirements and tons of safety factors. Plus, buildings should be built with redundant designs - so one part collapsing shouldn't cause the next part over to also collapse. But most importantly, structures are designed in such a way to make the materials fail in service before they fail in structure, so there are massive warning signs.

The sister plant for the company I used to work for was established in an airplane hangar built in the early '40s for WWII and designed to only last 20 years. A couple of years ago, we received some interesting news-- a few of their ceiling lights started going out and they didn't know why. As it turned out, the ceiling was buckling so much under just its own weight that it was ripping the wires apart. Everyone evacuated and they managed to reinforce the structure before anything catastrophic happened.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-24 11:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There are set guidelines, specifically because people break them. And words on paper mean ***without enforcement.

Bribes and apathy and laziness are significantly stronger than rules.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-24 11:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There are set guidelines, specifically because people break them. And words on paper mean ***without enforcement.

Bribes and apathy and laziness are significantly stronger than rules.

And Miami has never exactly been a bastion of morality on any front.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-24 12:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's why I'm curious what happened. These things don't happen without someone being at fault. Not when there are so many failsafes.

Usually when something like this happens there are people reporting unusual problems like noises, large cracks, or leaks. Often dozens of reports of service failure before a catastrophe.

It has to be the combined effort (or lack thereof) of the engineer, designer, builder, inspector, and owner. Either that or some extremely freak accident like a sinkhole opening up.

Augh I just feel awful. Especially knowing that it was late at night so most people were probably at home.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-06-24 13:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I hadn't heard anything, but I looked it up as soon as I read this. That's horrible... I can't even begin to imagine how scary that would be.

I really want to know what happened to make a building experience such catastrophic failure with no warning at all.
1, it isn't in Miami Beach, its a town north of there. Also it isn't in Miami either.

2, The building is 60 years old.

3, The whole SE coast is porous limestone which can erode.

4, Biscayne Blvd, and the strip of land that it is on floods every full and new moon. This is tidal salt water flooding. We have a supermoon, which means max high tides. (Can you say global warming?)

Put this all together it spells trouble.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-24 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
4, Biscayne Blvd, and the strip of land that it is on floods every full and new moon. This is tidal salt water flooding. We have a supermoon, which means max high tides. (Can you say global warming?)
My hometown has actually been suffering lately, too. Normally we're so cold that it barely even gets a chance to snow. A couple of years ago we had so much snow that it caused millions of dollars in damage to trees and infrastructure (though thanks to occupancy factors, no buildings collapsed). Just a couple of weeks ago a couple of bridges exploded because we saw record heat.

I guess it's time to update our climatic data in the NBCC lol...
First Page 2 3 ... 21880 21881 21882 ... 22572 22573 22574