Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21728 21729 21730 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-23 16:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Rocky Mountain National Park closed due to East Troublesome Fire.

Those of us in Eastern Colorado and the Front Range region have pretty much felt the Wildfires this season via cloudy skies, a constant haze, and closed recreation areas. We can see the glow on the rare clear days that in previous years is just your standard Summer Day in the Rockies.

But as of yesterday, Rocky Mountain National Park has completely closed, and all towns in the region are under mandatory evacuation. I'll be spending part of tomorrow helping a friend evacuate his sister's Ranch, and the about 80 horses of 200 total- the rest are already on their way East and South. All roads into Estes Park and other towns are completely closed for inbound travel and only open for emergency vehicles and evacuation. The only good news is that many areas of RMNP are expecting up to 20" of snow over the weekend.

About three months ago we long passed the "pointing fingers" stage of these Wildfires throughout the West, yet it still persists. Its high time we stopped blaming or seeking the causes and just do what's needed- fight the fires, not ourselves. Hundreds of native species across Colorado, California, Nevada, Oregon, and other states are irrevocably damaged due to fleeing the fires. Populations that aren't intended to mix are now all twisted up, which could result in many populations that had no predators in their region now have Black Bears, Cougars, and Wolfpacks in their backyard. Not to mention the loss of old-growth forests at altitude that take orders of magnitude longer to grow than their counterparts closer to sea level.

And if those issues aren't your thing, the already fragile tourist market of the Rockies and parts of California that were on edge due to Social Distancing measures and COVID shutdowns have been affected by reduced travel...when the one thing many sought for a break from the quarantine madness was a little solace in the mountains.

For many years I felt that the "increase" in natural disasters was actually due to increased coverage by round-the-clock news providers. We were just hearing about them more, there wasn't really a massive increase. But when one looks at the number of Named Storms in the Atlantic this Hurricane Season, and fires out West who's total burnt square mileage has increased sixfold in the time period of 2000-2020 compared to all of 1950-2000...its hard to ignore numbers. And even those who choose to ignore are still subject to them.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-23 17:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Borat doing AMA on reddit r/movies, very nice

Quote:
Join us for an AMA with famous journalist Borat this October 27th at 3:30 PT

Probably not as good as Cookie Monster, but yeah
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-23 20:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

3 thoughts:

Thank God I am done stripping shingles on this job, happy to have made a fat quick buck, and hurray beer!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-23 20:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Freehugs said: »
This happens less if you bake them instead of microwaving, so they cook evenly.
Erg, get out of my kitchen, or cook dinner yourself!
By Josiahafk 2020-10-23 20:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

“No more la county, too far and I want to work close to home and I live at the top of the OC so let’s say only Orange County”

“Got it”
*wakes up to this assignment*

/tableflip
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-23 20:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha
By RadialArcana 2020-10-25 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

It's weird you can be incredibly close to someone, break up and then one or both can act like total strangers to each other after.

Almost seems unreal and impossible, till it happens.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-25 20:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yoooooo. this new movie "unhinged" is. ***. awesome.

Holy ***. If I said it's a 10/10 I'd be underselling it. This may be, in the moment, the best action/thriller I've ever seen. Would've watched like 2 more hours of this easy, it's too short, that's not something I often say.

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-10-25 21:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching it tomorrow :) thx!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-25 21:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a bit of semi-graphic deaths, just a heads up
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-26 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, yesterday was productive.

Got a mule to 99 (been doing that to all of my selling mules so I can burn these Silver Vouchers I had from a couple of months back for Mars/Venus Orbs), got a Epaminondas's Ring, did Omen with my shell, got a Regal Gauntlets and enough cards to finally +3 my WAR body.

Life is good.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-10-26 11:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 11:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, yesterday was productive.

Got a mule to 99 (been doing that to all of my selling mules so I can burn these Silver Vouchers I had from a couple of months back for Mars/Venus Orbs), got a Epaminondas's Ring, did Omen with my shell, got a Regal Gauntlets and enough cards to finally +3 my WAR body.

Life is good.

Dear Gawd. I was thinking about FFXI today and then I read this. I don't want to think about FFXI anymore. I can't even imagine my life back when I didn't have 16 characters with Reisinjima access. I was such a bright-eyed little memer back then. I think getting 16 characters to Reisinjima access steals a little bit of your soul.

Edit: Oh. This is that thread where people get 20~40k+ posts. I shouldn't be here. That's the last thing I need is a post-count e-peen flex.

So since I know a lot of you via your avatars on this 20 year old game.... I was curious. So third party programs are just a thing now? Like I keep myself clean, but good lord. The flamboyant use of tools on this site.... so if I had a tool. Let's say.... a tool that did things to help people get things in this game. Where would I go to talk about it? Like.... I had someone write me up a code maybe. MAYBE. I have been asked about it. It's a simple "Enternity" basically. It spams enter over and over and you get a chocobo chair out of it. Should I not say that I may or may not have used a tool like that? Asking for a friend. Totally not a narc for SquareEnix. Never have been one. I would have to say if I was, right? =P
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-26 11:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Dear Gawd. I was thinking about FFXI today and then I read this. I don't want to think about FFXI anymore. I can't even imagine my life back when I didn't have 16 characters with Reisinjima access. I was such a bright-eyed little memer back then. I think getting 16 characters to Reisinjima access steals a little bit of your soul.
I honestly wouldn't do that.

DM augments aren't worth the effort.

Edit: Oh. This is that thread where people get 20~40k+ posts. I shouldn't be here. That's the last thing I need is a post-count e-peen flex.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I honestly wouldn't do that.

DM augments aren't worth the effort.

No. I wouldn't do that dark matter augment cheat. That's just how you get banned. I am envious of some of those triple attack on some herc gear though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-26 12:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So since I know a lot of you via your avatars on this 20 year old game.... I was curious. So third party programs are just a thing now? Like I keep myself clean, but good lord. The flamboyant use of tools on this site.... so if I had a tool. Let's say.... a tool that did things to help people get things in this game. Where would I go to talk about it? Like.... I had someone write me up a code maybe. MAYBE. I have been asked about it. It's a simple "Enternity" basically. It spams enter over and over and you get a chocobo chair out of it. Should I not say that I may or may not have used a tool like that? Asking for a friend. Totally not a narc for SquareEnix. Never have been one. I would have to say if I was, right? =P
Yeah, I think what you are asking is automation, which most of us who still play don't use.

Sure, you might find quite a few people on this website who bots, but most of us don't go further than Gearswap and the occasional addon (such as knockblock or gearinfo).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-26 12:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No. I wouldn't do that dark matter augment cheat. That's just how you get banned. I am envious of some of those triple attack on some herc gear though.
It's not a cheat.

You can literally DB Reis gears between characters on the same account, even if they have augments on them, and use those gears to augment with DM during event.

It's not a bug, it's actually intended. It forces the player to spend a couple of days or weeks per character to do all of the quests/missions needed to do all of that, which is what SE wants.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am rear guard so I never have to worry about knockback unless my PLD or NIN or RUN is getting swatted around. I have never heard someone say Anchor didn't get them banned.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I thought it was a cheat because it was automated spam. I thought that would flag something.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-26 12:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm partying with people I don't know and I know the fight uses a mechanic that knocks you around, I turn off knockblock. If it's just me or my shell, that ***stays on.

Oh, I thought it was a cheat because it was automated spam. I thought that would flag something.
Naw
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank gawd I'm a White Mage. Man. I need to make that t-shirt. Thank gawd I'm a WHM.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me the story again about how all of those medal dupers went to the seventh layer of hell.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-26 12:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank gawd I'm a White Mage. Man. I need to make that t-shirt. Thank gawd I'm a WHM.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-26 12:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell me the story again about how all of those medal dupers went to the seventh layer of hell.
I don't think they went to California, I think they all came from California.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't mind me asking.... what job is your main?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I get this vibe from you that you are a SMN. Black Mage be damned and all of that in your avatar.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, how could I have been on Asura this entire time and never seen you? That seems suspect.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-26 12:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to be accusitory, but I kind of am. Sorry about that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-26 12:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't mind me asking.... what job is your main?
Honestly, I don't have a main job at all.

My jobs are generally WAR/COR/PLD/SCH/BRD/BLU lately. It really depends on what is needed for my linkshell. I retired WHM and GEO to make space for other jobs, my THF is only used for farming stuff, and my PUP is only used for Up In Arms anymore.

I get this vibe from you that you are a SMN. Black Mage be damned and all of that in your avatar.
I love SMN. It used to be one of my main jobs when I was Korpg/Kingnobody. That character became delegated to a selling mule since I restarted from scratch as Swordchucks.

I might gear SMN up again, been thinking about it, but if I do, I will make a Nirvana before I pick it up again. Still need to get Cait Sith and Siren on Swordchucks though.

Also, how could I have been on Asura this entire time and never seen you? That seems suspect.
I seen you running around every now and then. I'll poke you next time I see ya.
I don't mean to be accusitory, but I kind of am. Sorry about that.
No excuses!
By Jetackuu 2020-10-26 12:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

last 10 posts I see look like the memelord talking to himself. It's quite amusing.
First Page 2 3 ... 21728 21729 21730 ... 22553 22554 22555