Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21614 21615 21616 ... 22553 22554 22555

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Josiahafk 2019-12-07 23:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2019-12-08 10:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By sumo 2019-12-08 22:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So just to be clear, there's no way to get an achievement score now since the linkshell website is kaput right?
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 00:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

sumo said: »
So just to be clear, there's no way to get an achievement score now since the linkshell website is kaput right?
No. That is not right.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 00:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Reminds me of my first semester in college
What did you study?

Was just taking a history class by itself for 2 semesters, slacked off and got good grades, played my DS the entire 2nd semester in class instead of taking notes, did better than the 1st semester. Would have had As in both if I bothered to do all my homework.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-12-09 09:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

First day of -40 this winter, and first winter here where I don’t own a car.

layers, assemble.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-12-09 09:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It was in the 60s yesterday, and it looks like it will be again.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 13:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Duo should have been Mercury, but I guess since Quatre did ONCE pilot the Mercurius...

Wufei being the temple guardian may be a tad racist though...

Guess Treize should be Queen Beryl and Relena Tuxedo Mask?

Zechs is Chibi-Moon?
By sumo 2019-12-09 13:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No. That is not right.
oh? Might I trouble you for information on how to get my achievement score to show up/update?
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No. That is not right.
oh? Might I trouble you for information on how to get my achievement score to show up/update?
Use guildwork.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-12-09 13:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure where else to post this question, and didnt feel like making a new thread in tech for it.

Question regarding flash drives.
I have a bunch of them that iv used as another portable source of backup and to transfer from one comp to another. I have 8gb, 16g, 32g,64, even a 128g (or a # close to that. It was a big *** drive for the time when i got it.) And all san disk flash drives. And iv never had any issues with them.

I recently got two different 2TB flash drives (i was shocked when i saw them) and nothing has been going right. The first one would copy some files then get error messages on other files and be unable to transfer them. (Tho iv transferred them to my other flash dives 100 times with no issues.) So i contacted the sell and he just gave a refund.

The second one i got, which i finally got around to trying to transfer files to yesterday, seems to be having its own set of issues. Folders are show up randomly as empty. - File are not hidden.

I tried transferring my video clips to the drive. All in there own folder titles by show. First i tried all at once. It transfered them all. Took like 2-3 hours. Then i noticed the first half was all there. But the second half of the folders were all empty. So i deleted it all and tried it in smaller batches. A few folders one at a time, which seemed to go well. So i tried a row (4) folders at once. Was good on the first row or two. Then I copied another row and previous folders (that had the files, i checked) suddenly were empty. Even did it one folder at a time and it did the same thing. Sometimes the folder copied over would be empty. Some times it would cause a folder a did a little bit ago to suddenly become empty. - They wernt hidden. The properties itself showed 0kb in the folder after this occurred. It was there one second and gone the next. - Both flash drives had been formatted. Check disk ran, scanned for viruses; clean. Looked at some suggestions when i googled it, but nothing was helping.

I find it odd that two new but different flash drives would have issues back to back. Are the larger ones just that unstable? Iv never had issues with other 20some flash drives like this. And some of them contain the same files im trying to put on the larger one, so its not likely the files themselves. And which files disappear seems to be random. It was different files each time it happened. And happened when transferring different files each time.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 14:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you still on XP?

What partitioning scheme are you using?

What brand/where did you get said flash drives?

Why are you using flash drives of such size?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-12-09 14:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you still on XP?

What partitioning scheme are you using?

What brand/where did you get said flash drives?

Why are you using flash drives of such size?

This is on my win7 comp. Tho i did acquire a refurbished win10 comp that im hoping to set up as soon as i have the time.
This was the first. This was the second one that i used last night.
Its honestly been a while since i formatted them. I got side tracked with other rl crap. So i really do not remember which partitioning scheme i used off the top of my head. - exFAT is the default, so possibly that (for the second flash drive.)
Just using them as a mobile back up. I usually have 2 or 3 comps up and running at any time. It makes it easy so copy files between them if i need to. And serves a a back up i guess. In case something happened to all the comps. As for using flash drive of that size, my last set of drive holding the info is broken up into four different flash drives. 128g, 128g, 64g, 32g. Being able to throw it all onto one drive seemed like it would be easier.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-12-09 14:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
For any Star Trek DS9 fans, René Auberjonois who played Odo died yesterday.
I saw that last night.. Such a shame. He was an amazing actor. And i loved Odo.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 15:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
This was the first. This was the second one that i used last night.
Stop right there, you bought hot garbage, return the ***.

As for file sharing: you could enable printer and file sharing on the computers themselves, or you could set up a fileserver or buy a nas (probably the best option).

I'd recommend a Synology NAS, they're good stuff.

Try to avoid buying unbranded usb sticks from ebay man, or just any usb stick from ebay.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-12-09 15:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to avoid buying unbranded usb sticks from ebay man, or just any usb stick from ebay.
i never have before. But for the price, i figured it was worth a try.
My comps are independent. No server or connection with each other (that i know about) short of the connection to the router. And you jet are already aware of the age of some of the machins iv worked with. - Also have no idea what a nas is. - But if im buying a cheap piece off ebay, then that should give you an idea of my lack of budget'
By sumo 2019-12-09 16:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No. That is not right.
Use guildwork.
I tried guildwork. It asks for linkshell info and since the LS site isnt live anymore, it wont progress.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 16:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My comps are independent. No server or connection with each other (that i know about) short of the connection to the router. And you jet are already aware of the age of some of the machins iv worked with. - Also have no idea what a nas is. - But if im buying a cheap piece off ebay, then that should give you an idea of my lack of budget'

They're that price for a reason.

They're on the same network if they're connected to the same router (assuming you aren't setting up vlans here). Aye, your best bet then would be to find a business tower (probably a used workstation) with extra bays, set up software raid and use it as a fileserver. There's a few different ways to go about it, something like this should be easier to setup than a raw install then manually installing packages:

https://www.turnkeylinux.org/fileserver

Still probably a bit of work involved, but much cheaper than buying a NAS, can use a spare PC with multiple drives in it.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 16:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried guildwork. It asks for linkshell info and since the LS site isnt live anymore, it wont progress.

I know people have set up in the years since LSC being down, just I haven't, I just know that is what you use. I could be entirely mistaken though, not bored enough to make another account to try.
By ashcrow 2019-12-09 17:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

FF16 might be a thing.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-12-09 17:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They're that price for a reason.

They're on the same network if they're connected to the same router (assuming you aren't setting up vlans here). Aye, your best bet then would be to find a business tower (probably a used workstation) with extra bays, set up software raid and use it as a fileserver. There's a few different ways to go about it, something like this should be easier to setup than a raw install then manually installing packages:

https://www.turnkeylinux.org/fileserver

Still probably a bit of work involved, but much cheaper than buying a NAS, can use a spare PC with multiple drives in it.

Aside form not knowing about all that, i honestly have no issues with what im doing now.. when my hardware is working that is. I like keeping my stuff offline. I like to mobility of it. Anytime iv had a new comp, new hdd, failed drive and had to replace, aside from installing an OS, the files are simple. Plug in and copy. Maybe its part of the same reason that even for gaming iv much rather have a disk then dl'ing a game. I like physical copies. I unno, could probably write a book off that theraphy session lol.

So the flash drive issue is more likely just from being a cheap drive as opposed to a more specific issue?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 19:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So the flash drive issue is more likely just from being a cheap drive as opposed to a more specific issue?
Most likely, and you COULD in theory setup a vlan to where your computers are networked yet not online. I mean the information for all of it is available, and free: just a matter of reading. Literally linux is great for those on a budget.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-09 19:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh.. who knew Jet knows so much about Sailor Moon?

https://imgur.com/gallery/L7vqN

Jet knew. Used to come on in the same block as DBZ before and while it was on Cartoon Network, so there's that.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-12-09 19:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe ill look into usb 2tb external hdds. More or less the same thing for my purposes. Not that i can afford one now anyway. But something that might be worth looking into.
First Page 2 3 ... 21614 21615 21616 ... 22553 22554 22555