Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20246 20247 20248 ... 22567 22568 22569
By Ramyrez 2016-11-23 20:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I took some pictures of my reports from the sleep apnea machine for my curious sister and my phone looked at them and decided it was a human being and made that "friend" a folder on the phone, lol.

I've never seen a CPAP machine with such friendly little icons. Mine was just a little black and white thing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-11-23 20:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Now to stay up playing games, sleep in, eat a *** OF FOOD, and draw lots more anime tiddies
FTFY ( '-')b
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-23 20:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Ramyrez said: »
I took some pictures of my reports from the sleep apnea machine for my curious sister and my phone looked at them and decided it was a human being and made that "friend" a folder on the phone, lol.

I've never seen a CPAP machine with such friendly little icons. Mine was just a little black and white thing.
They didn't have any left when I went to the city except a woman's model so I said *** it I'll take it, not driving back 1000 miles for this ***. Covered in flowers too

I had (well, have, strictly speaking) this one.

I don't use it anymore though. One of the more practical upshots of having lost a bunch of weight is that I was "lucky" in that it was the main cause of my OSA (for many people even if they lose weight they still have it). So I went to my pulmonologist and did another sleep study after 5 years of using the thing and I was event free for the night so...that's nice, I must admit.

It was actually really hard to get them to stop sending me supplies monthly. I had to call like 4 times and go "hey, look. I appreciate that my insurance covers this and you keep sending them and I'm happy you're so studious helping people who need these things, but I don't need them anymore. Doctor said so. Please don't drive my entire group's premiums up by sending medical supplies I don't need."
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-23 21:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2016-11-23 21:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you gotta fix that seal josiah
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-11-23 21:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been on CPAP for like 6 months now but haven't noticed any difference. I keep telling my PCP that I haven't been sleeping better, or feeling better, and he just keeps saying it takes time. Well originally you told me 3 months, then 6 months, then 12 months to feel better, so when 12 months comes and I don't feel any better, how long will it be after that?
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-23 21:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How about you Ramy, you likely to give Pokémon a shot?

Well I haven't in the past 20 years, don't think I'm about to start now.

Since I finished Blood & Wine this week I'm currently updating my Fallout 4 mods and was going to start a fresh save.

Ramy, any advice on skills early on in Witcher 3 or builds? I prefer melee mostly.

Probably my favorite skill so far is the one that makes food last longer, but I dunno if that is as useful later in the game or not.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-11-23 21:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Try going a day without it and see if you notice a difference

I did last night actually. Took a late night nap on the couch, woke up real late and didn't feel like moving, so I slept on the couch. Didn't really notice much of a difference other than not sleeping so good on the couch.

Very few nights on CPAP did I actually feel like I slept good, and didn't wake up multiple times through the night. The only real difference I noticed is that when waking up in the morning, I no longer have (or barely have) a headache, or like a pressure feeling in the front of my head. My doctor said it was only mild sleep apnea, so maybe I just won't notice a difference like in people who have it more serious.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-23 21:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione said: »
I've been on CPAP for like 6 months now but haven't noticed any difference. I keep telling my PCP that I haven't been sleeping better, or feeling better, and he just keeps saying it takes time. Well originally you told me 3 months, then 6 months, then 12 months to feel better, so when 12 months comes and I don't feel any better, how long will it be after that?

I'm a bad person to ask. My issue was never feeling rested (I never sleep enough anyhow, I'm used to that). But despite the fact that I only had mild OSA, I was having pretty severe apneic episodes while I slept and while poor sleep quality is certainly a major problem, the long-term cardiac ramifications of OSA can be even worse.

Also, they keep your wife up twofold; one because she's worried about how bad it is for your health, and two because she's trying to sleep and you're chainsawing down oak trees in your sleep.

If you're sleeping 7-8 hours a night and you aren't feeling rested with your CPAP, it may be a compliance/seal issue. Has your company had you send in the SD card so they can check your statistics? If you're having leaks or the mask isn't fitting right you may not be getting the full benefit of the system.

CPAP compliance is very difficult for some people for a plethora of reasons.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-23 21:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

@ both of you, do you use a full face mask or nasal pillows? I always used nasal pillows and they were pretty comfortable. They just gave me those from the start because I told them shaving wasn't an option. Though I admit I preferred the old Respironics pillow mask to the newer gel mask they started sending me a couple years ago.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-23 21:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramy, any advice on skills early on in Witcher 3 or builds? I prefer melee mostly.

Probably my favorite skill so far is the one that makes food last longer, but I dunno if that is as useful later in the game or not.

I play on super easy mode, so full melee is really the way I went for my first entire play through, though make sure you crank up Delusion if you want to use Axii at all. It's pretty helpful.

Also the +carry weight golden upgrade is legit for when you get to Skellige.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-23 22:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I love these things when people do em.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-23 22:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

$5 atm.

Almost makes me want to actually try it.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-23 22:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me want to play Warriors Orochi.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-23 22:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on super easy mode, so full melee is really the way I went for my first entire play through, though make sure you crank up Delusion if you want to use Axii at all. It's pretty helpful.

To further clarify -- again, for super easy players at least -- I tend to do 3 sets of Combat abilities and 1 set of mutagen abilities. Synergy in particular is really nice.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-11-23 22:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bad person to ask. My issue was never feeling rested (I never sleep enough anyhow, I'm used to that). But despite the fact that I only had mild OSA, I was having pretty severe apneic episodes while I slept and while poor sleep quality is certainly a major problem, the long-term cardiac ramifications of OSA can be even worse.

Also, they keep your wife up twofold; one because she's worried about how bad it is for your health, and two because she's trying to sleep and you're chainsawing down oak trees in your sleep.

If you're sleeping 7-8 hours a night and you aren't feeling rested with your CPAP, it may be a compliance/seal issue. Has your company had you send in the SD card so they can check your statistics? If you're having leaks or the mask isn't fitting right you may not be getting the full benefit of the system.

CPAP compliance is very difficult for some people for a plethora of reasons.

My seal is fine from what I can tell. My CPAP machine already has an SD card in it, but they never asked me to send it in to check the statistics. I was under the impression that they get those statistics sent to them because my machine has Wi-Fi and sends them info every day. And as far as I know, I don't snore. I'm single and live alone, so there's no real way of knowing without having someone sleep over and keep an eye on me.

@ both of you, do you use a full face mask or nasal pillows? I always used nasal pillows and they were pretty comfortable. They just gave me those from the start because I told them shaving wasn't an option. Though I admit I preferred the old Respironics pillow mask to the newer gel mask they started sending me a couple years ago.

I currently use the dream wear mask. I tried nasal pillows but they just felt too loose on/in my nose, and the slightest movement would cause a leak. I also tried one that fully covers the nose, but it put way too much pressure on the bridge of my nose which left a bruise and blisters for a while.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-23 22:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

To further clarify -- again, for super easy players at least -- I tend to do 3 sets of Combat abilities and 1 set of mutagen abilities. Synergy in particular is really nice.

I'm just playing whatever the default difficulty is. The extra health regen time on food has saved my butt a bajillion times and let me cheese out a level 20 golem thing when I was level 11 lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-23 22:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

o ***XV has XII style hunts
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-11-23 22:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
o ***XV has XII style hunts
One of my favorite aspects of XII too. Excellent.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-23 22:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My seal is fine from what I can tell. My CPAP machine already has an SD card in it, but they never asked me to send it in to check the statistics. I was under the impression that they get those statistics sent to them because my machine has Wi-Fi and sends them info every day. And as far as I know, I don't snore. I'm single and live alone, so there's no real way of knowing without having someone sleep over and keep an eye on me.

Ah. Yeah. I had to mail my SD card to them after like six months of use.

I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions. If your sleep isn't restful it could be related to something other than OSA? If you tend to have a few drinks before bed maybe suspend that and see if it helps. Alcohol can help you fall asleep but it can cause less restful sleep overall.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-11-23 23:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah. Yeah. I had to mail my SD card to them after like six months of use.

I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions. If your sleep isn't restful it could be related to something other than OSA? If you tend to have a few drinks before bed maybe suspend that and see if it helps. Alcohol can help you fall asleep but it can cause less restful sleep overall.

Nah, I don't drink, or smoke, so it couldn't be any of those. I'm thinking maybe the pressure isn't right. My doctor wanted it set to 4-20, but maybe 4 is too low? I tried putting it up to 6, but was getting too much gas, and waking up to burp or fart, which kind of defeats the purpose using CPAP. I did notice though that, when I do feel pretty good in the morning, and check my pressure before turning the machine off, it will be higher, sometimes around 10. So maybe the pressure needs to be higher, but then I get the gas, so I don't know what to do.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-11-23 23:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to the doctor and the doctor said:

"No more monkeys jumping on the bed! Just kidding, you have syphilis."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-11-23 23:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with her.
Server: Asura
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2016-11-24 00:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2016-11-24 01:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really late for the sleep apnea stuff. But I was recorded at 85 events per hour per night. With the machine I am at 1 event per hour per night. I can really tell the difference. My grogginess lasts maybe like 30 mins then i feel awake and alert. Without it the grogginess never felt like it went away and I felt terrible all the time. They changed my mask recently and was hard to get the seal to make a smiley face D:< She said its suppose to float on my face. Like if it floats all the air is coming out. Its not floating but at least its not leaking and my results are still good.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-24 01:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What is an event? Waking up? Change in pulse?

Alley got a fit bit for her birthday and it tells her some stuff about sleeping but I dunno if it can somehow know about breathing stuff.

I snore a lot and wake myself up but I know why... its cuz I got fat. I never snored when I was in shape and the heavier I have gotten the worse the snoring.
First Page 2 3 ... 20246 20247 20248 ... 22567 22568 22569