Windower And Screenshot Broken?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Windower and Screenshot Broken?
Windower and Screenshot Broken?
By Enygma3 2011-02-06 17:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back from a few months of a break and everytime i hit prt sc to screenshot like normal it immediately closes windower and says error, i checked on windower site and i dont see an updated version of the screenshot thing. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so how to fix it if anything(outside of telling me to take a desktop SS and crop.

I miss how it used to organize my screenshots and not break ffxi lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Enygma3 2011-02-07 05:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

did that but it still happens :(
By Enygma3 2011-02-07 14:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone? D:
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-07 14:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You might have a problem with your init.txt file. Check your bind keys to make sure it says "bind sysrq screenshot png" or "bind sysrq screenshot png hide" (to hide windower plugins for screenshots.)

It could also be the screenshot organizer plugin if you're using that. I've never used it myself, but I can see it possibly causing this problem and would try unloading it.
By Enygma3 2011-02-07 15:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks trauma that did it <3
By Enygma3 2011-02-07 19:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

still broken;; redownloaded everything and took ssorganizer off, still freezes for some reason;; anyone else got any suggestions?
 Sylph.Nanii
Server: Sylph
user: Sani
By Sylph.Nanii 2011-02-07 19:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

mine just wont let me take SS its weird it says its saved but then the file is no where to be found lol
By Enygma3 2011-02-07 19:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

mine takes 2 pictures, doesn't organize them(even before i deleted ssorganizer, its gone now btw) and then crashes windower
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2011-02-07 19:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SSOrganizer works fine. There was a bug in the "screenshot" command (saying 'screenshot png' would work, but just 'screenshot' would hard crash the game) but that was fixed in 3.43.

Current version can be downloaded here, just overwrite your old one.

http://forums.windower.net/topic/18936-windower-hook-3431/

Also make sure all your plugins are up to date. If you're using an old install, it's possible they're outdated. Try downloading the installer and then copying 3.431 hook over top it.

A new installer with everything updated will be out soon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-02-07 20:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

my SSOrganizers and prt scrn work fine
did change bind command for high res pics tho
Code

bind sysrq input /localsettings shadows high; drawdistance set 20; input /names off; wait 1; screenshot png hide; wait 1; drawdistance set 1; input /localsettings shadows off; input /names on

is my command line
By Enygma3 2011-02-08 06:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

First off thanks a ton! Second of all, it still wont work, i downloaded new hook, put over my old one, and put the bind command in that you said, plus all my plugins are up to date as far as i know(i downloaded a new windower folder(the latest))

Anything i might be missing like a plugin thats not in the main windower download file besides the hook?
By Enygma3 2011-02-08 19:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

:(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Artemyse
Server: Asura
user: Artemys
By Asura.Artemyse 2011-04-24 06:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's a necro bump, I did some googling and found this thread, So rather than make a new one I decided to post here. I'm having this same issue when I print screen windower crashes. Funny thing is it just started happening. On both the new and previous versions. I've tried the above advice with no luck so far.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2011-05-15 16:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is an old thread but since it's the first i found with search via google and the aboves fixes didn't work for me i'll post what fixed it for me.

When i changed png to jpg it stopped it crashing
(aka change bind sysrq screenshot png > bind sysrq screenshot jpg)

no clue why png would crash windower and jpg wouldn't but it could be the same problem for other so i thought i'd post it.
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2011-05-16 08:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

mine works fine and it's sysrq screenshot jpg too
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-16 08:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have an ATI card, check/reinstall your drivers. I had this same problem a few weeks ago.

If you don't have an ATI card, feel free to ignore me!
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-05-16 09:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an ATI card and have never had an issue.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [203 days between previous and next post]
By antbamf 2011-12-04 21:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

changing the file type to jpg works , just tried it and no crash! hope it works for whoever reads this lookin for help.
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-04 23:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same problem and changing the save file type from .png to .bmp or .jpg stopped windower from crashing. I'm not sure what the solution is to this, but it is a fix.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-12-04 23:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an NVidia card with this problem. Can't test if changing to JPG will fix it because I don't feel like coughing up just to play 'kite VNMs for six hours for a relevant weapon because SE hates Scythe'.

HOWEVER. I can say that I was using JPG before my recent wipe, and after reinstalling everything including windower I'm looking at my screenshot folder and they are .PNG and it's making duplicates when it crashes, so this is definitely a problem with PNG.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-05 00:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's odd, my files save as .png and I don't have issues. o_o; I'm sure that .png is causing your problems since changing it fixes it, but I can't imagine *why* it'd be doing that. D: