New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » most annoying problom with abyssa
most annoying problom with abyssa
First Page 2 3 4
By valak 2011-02-03 17:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever gone into abyssa with a full alliance to kill a nm only to find a nin/dnc soloing it therefore causing the alliance to wait 45 min to an hour waiting for it to die only to have your alliance break apart because they didnt want to wait or waste time? this is the only real issue i have with it. does anyone know where to make suggestions to SE. something like if someone is soloing a nm and no one but that person is fighting it for more than 5 min the nm becomes unclaimed so it can put the needs of the many before the needs of the few again?
[+]
 Kujata.Valak
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: valak
By Kujata.Valak 2011-02-03 17:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-03 17:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Your idea is horrable.. so just because you have more people you get the right to take nms from others?

There is nothing you or SE can do about this. There will always be situations where another person/group is farming/killing the nm you want at the time. You just have to deal with it
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-02-03 17:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

no.
[+]
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2011-02-03 17:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

valak said:
Has anyone ever gone into abyssa with a full alliance to kill a nm only to find a nin/dnc soloing it therefore causing the alliance to wait 45 min to an hour waiting for it to die only to have your alliance break apart because they didnt want to wait or waste time? this is the only real issue i have with it. does anyone know where to make suggestions to SE. something like if someone is soloing a nm and no one but that person is fighting it for more than 5 min the nm becomes unclaimed so it can put the needs of the many before the needs of the few again?
Most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing i have ever read.
Dont hate the Nin hate the game.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-02-03 17:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Never spam soloed anything that took me over 20min on Nin/Dnc. Even trying weapons for red / blue & spells for yellow. The hardest thing I've soloed was Indrik which took a whopping 30min and that was only because i forgot to bring Acc food.

Sure if your farming an NM for seals and a Nin/Dnc is trading pops with you it takes longer but honestly not much longer than another party fighting the NM. Go find some roaming mobs build some TE's and deal. Just because I didn't build an alliance to kill something and take 10min longer than your group will to kill it doesn't mean I don't have a right to try.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-02-03 17:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah that sounds soooooooooooooo awesome man.

Oh yeah... your idea is shitty, you can wait just like everyone else, your not special.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-02-03 17:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
no.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-02-03 17:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
no.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-03 17:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
no.

and lrn2spell...
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-02-03 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be pretty funny, hell most stuff takes longer than 5 minutes to kill whether you have a full alliance or solo, it would just be a load of everyone losing claim to their NM.

Great idea.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-03 17:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds to me like someone is just pissed that a NIN is capable of soloing the NM that they want and that they need an entire alliance with which they must split loot with to accomplish the same task.
[+]
 Valefor.Nyota
user: Nyota21
By Valefor.Nyota 2011-02-03 17:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

valak said:

Seriously, I didn't know there were people this stupid. FFXI community continues to disappoint. If it takes a full alliance to kill an NM that someone can solo, you're obviously doing it wrong. Not sure if you're trolling or are just stupid.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-02-03 17:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of going Yellow, why not have the spawn point reappear again so you can pop the NM for yourself? Even that idea would be abused to all hell because groups could hold NMs to pop multiples. Thus, ***hitting the fan.

Ask if you can help kill it so you can get moving or just find something else to do in the mean time. >_>

[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-02-03 17:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If your problem is that a nin/dnc is killing your mob, why not go nin/dnc and kill the mob instead of shouting for people lol? Not sure why you'd have an alliance for a NM that you can solo on nin/dnc in the first place.

The most annoying thing for me in abyssea is VNMs... The upgrade rate on the T2's pisses me off more than anything.
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-03 17:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Nyota said:
Seriously, I didn't know there were people this stupid. FFXI community continues to disappoint.
You say this as if all of us are like this. >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-03 17:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A: nasty horrible idaa, but thanks for sharing.

B: you would think that the NIN would appreciate some help? if you see someone soloing, ask them if they would rather join in, crush the mob quickly, get the drop he wants (if he popped it and he would have killed it, this isn't over the line, he would have gotten it anyway), and then continue. It saves time, both for your alliance and for the person soloing

C: a lot of people don't like the fact that abyssea isnt instanced, but i DO believe that there should have been an abyssite or atma somewhere along the way towards the end of the main quest line that removed the time limit on Abyssea, especially considering there isnt *** all outside of abyssea anymore. Waiting in a zone with no time limit isn't as soul-killing as watching your TE's or Traverser Stones tick away as a NIN or DNC takes off 1-5% HP every minute or so on an NM.
[+]
 Kujata.Valak
By Kujata.Valak 2011-02-03 17:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

nah its not that only the time issue concerns me lol. soloing nms that are required to pop a zone boss so people can go farther in the storyline. usually those nms dont drop anything that great. its the KI for the zone boss thats normally what people are after. so basically what im saying is bring at least 1 or two friends to help you kill faster. so yo dont waste everyones time. that is unless you enjoy the feeling of wasting peoples stones and being a thorn in peoples sides
 Valefor.Nyota
user: Nyota21
By Valefor.Nyota 2011-02-03 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Valefor.Nyota said:
Seriously, I didn't know there were people this stupid. FFXI community continues to disappoint.
You say this as if all of us are like this. >.>

I apologize, I didn't mean to generalize you all, I know there are very intelligent, sensible, and capable players on this site. However, from all the "grind your gears" "real life pet peeves" threads, that number seems to be getting lower and lower.
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2011-02-03 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
If your problem is that a nin/dnc is killing your mob, why not go nin/dnc and kill the mob instead of shouting for people lol? Not sure why you'd have an alliance for a NM that you can solo on nin/dnc in the first place. The most annoying thing for me in abyssea is VNMs... The upgrade rate on the T2's pisses me off more than anything.
This ^ like 0/20 on this T2 to change its not even that the bugs me >.< its the 10 min wait in between.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-03 17:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

valak said:
what nm are you trying to kill with a full alliance that a nin/dnc can solo? and why would you take a full alliance if the nm can be solo'd?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-03 17:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Valak said:
nah its not that only the time issue concerns me lol. soloing nms that are required to pop a zone boss so people can go farther in the storyline. usually those nms dont drop anything that great. its the KI for the zone boss thats normally what people are after. so basically what im saying is bring at least 1 or two friends to help you kill faster. so yo dont waste everyones time. that is unless you enjoy the feeling of wasting peoples stones and being a thorn in peoples sides

Lots of people farm these mobs for the key items that pop the zone boss that drops the items for the uber weapons they are upgrading. Kinda selfish of you to think that SE will make these mobs stealable for your alliance.

Be patient...
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-02-03 17:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

valak said:

The bolded part is already kind of in the game but it's not a ridiculous 5 minutes. It's called a rage and typically is after 60 minutes.

If you are taking a full alliance to something a DNC can solo you were already doing it kind of wrong in the first place. Further wrong if you just had 1 single thing in focus if there isn't anything else in the ENTIRE zone you can do in the mean time.

Building time, Farming gold chests, Doing a random NM for seals/+2, Looking for Atma/Abyssite you are missing that others might need ect...

:\
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-03 17:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Valak said:
annoying as this may be... people solo because its easyer then finding others to help you (your frends may not be avalable at the time) and why should they care about wasting the time of people they don't even know?
[+]
 Kujata.Valak
By Kujata.Valak 2011-02-03 17:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

and nyota the KI nms for zone bosses can be soloed easly or duoed thats not why i bring alliance the alliance is for the zone bosses and getting procs on the KI nms if i had nin/dnc and soloed chances are i wouldnt proc red for the KI would i? thats why i was talking about bringing an alliance

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-02-03 18:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fire in My Heart, Ice in My Veins.
Gangsta.
http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Heart-Ice-Veins-Experiencing/dp/1561230561

Actually a book for butthurt teenagers, true story look it up lol.
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-03 18:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Valak said:
and nyota the KI nms for zone bosses can be soloed easly or duoed thats not why i bring alliance the alliance is for the zone bosses and getting procs on the KI nms if i had nin/dnc and soloed chances are i wouldnt proc red for the KI would i? thats why i was talking about bringing an alliance
You don't need a full ally to proc red. (unless its a shout group and even then...) you should find other things to do with your time in the zone if another player is fighting the nm you want. ff11 wasn't made just for you so stop acting like it is.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4