Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-29 02:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:
it's what SE has been telling us for years.
can you learn how to read?

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

so again, where did anyone say that it's an opinion that the ps2 limits the updates available?
[+]
 Diabolos.Piraal
Server: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2011-01-29 02:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

you did, like 10 posts ago,
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-29 02:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
you did, like 10 posts ago,

no, no I didn't.
[+]
 Diabolos.Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2011-01-29 02:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ok
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-29 02:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
ok
you misunderstood.
[+]
 Diabolos.Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2011-01-29 02:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

negative
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-29 02:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Piraal said:
negative
from what you quoted, yes, yes you did.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-01-29 03:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said:
Q: There have been no updates to the auto-translate dictionary recently. Can we expect any terms to be added in the future?

A: PlayStation 2 memory limitations have placed us in a difficult situation where the addition of new terms to the auto-translate dictionary would require the deletion of existing entries. Given this, there are no current plans to add new terms, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we consider all possibilities. In a related matter, we are looking into updating the glossary contained in the Play Guide available on the official web site.

Here is the link to the page to view other things said if you haven't already done so: link thingy
AM I the only one who frequently wonders why so much useless never used junk seems to be always loaded in my tab key list? With as much memory as they waste on things loaded at the same time, let alone things I'll never use..I'm to tired to fix my phrasing there. I just mean they don't need the entire set of words loaded at once and should expand that nifty /translate command they added awhile back.
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
It's not about the PS2 at this point, even if they abandoned further support for it.

It's about all the server/client programmers who were qualified to alter the core framework leaving the company or moving to other projects years and years ago.
That's our SE..Never learning from its past mistakes like those bad PC ports of their console games that occurred for this very reason.

I still think they could make entirely new client software leaving the current ps2 stuff working with what it has now while encouraging user migration to new platforms. Certain 3rd parties made considerable progress making a computable software already, but I doubt SE would willing to go this route.
 Diabolos.Yugl
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2011-01-29 04:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Outdated system for an outdated game. Quit your bitching.

Also:
Quote:
if a limb is killing a person due to a illness don't you remove the limb? the PS2 has been killing FFXI for 3 or 4 years. PS2 limitations is nothing new, it needs to be delt with.

Do you cut your non-dominant arm off so that you can train yourself to get slightly better utility out of your dominant arm? See how this analogy thing works?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-15 17:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
I cant belive there are that many ppl that still play on ps2. If u can afford an ISP u must have a pc there fore why the hell are u paying on ps2. Help me understans this. and pls if u play on ps2 identify ur self.

what the ***?
that's a very strange and odd assumption

I can think of several reasons to play on a console over playing on the pc.

1. pc crashes and you have to reinstall
2. having to reinstall on the ps2 is slim to nil (short of the last update lol)

3. frees up your computer if you don't like to use windowed mode, or if the game crashes in said mode.

4. some people are too cheap to buy a pc controller and they already have it on the ps2, so why bother? not to mention buying the game again, and please do not mention steam.

1) Incredibly rare if it even happens at all.

2) I wouldn't know.

3) Windower.

4) You can use a 360 controller for it, or a PS3 controller for it. Also Steam.

1. incredibly often if you're an internet junky, and quite frankly a reinstall is faster than diagnosing malware (and usually less stressful) hence why I keep everything on backup.

2. Neither would I, never had to do it.

3. already addressed that...

4. who the *** owns a wired 360 controller? and I was having issues getting the ps3 controller to work, couldn't find a working driver...

*** steam.

I've never had my FFXI crash out and require a re-install on my PC, and I use the internet all the time, have my HDD normally near full and I've even had malware and viruses when playing it. It happens extremely rarely unless you like specifically corrupt XI files on purpose.

You could say the same about ANY PC game in that case, so you might as well use a Mac over a PC because it doesn't get malware.

Yeah because mac users are suffering enough as it is