Which To Use?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Classes » Conjurer » Which to use?
Which to use?
By Dubont 2011-01-27 18:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Willow Wand of Storms + shield

or

Sprouting Radical

3 main nukes that I use are thunder, fire and blizzard.

Discuss!
By FallenRapture 2011-01-27 19:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the Magic accuracy and magic potency that's what i would do.

Wand & Shield - Thunder 80% ~~ Fire 20% ~~ Ice 0%

Magic accuracy - 229

Magic potency - 139

Staff - Thunder 0% ~~ Fire 10% ~~ Ice 0%

Magic accuracy - 134

Magic potency - 135

This is just from looking at it and adding it up with desktop calculator . I don't Know anything about the levels that Magic accuracy and magic potency cap at. Just from those two I'd go with wand/shield. Plus the fact that it has more of the element % that you like to use thunder 80% and fire 20%. again i don't know if the element % increase dmg or not but just trying to help lol. Not even sure if SE has caps on % either

In the End I'm guessing you'd get way more dmg out of your wand/shield setup plus im sure the shield would up your def

Edit: I may be completely wrong lmao who knows

[+]
By Tankue 2011-01-27 21:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen the hidden stats of a shield do anything for casting.

I have noticed more accuracy using a two hand of appropriate level over wand and board. However, I would grind with a wand and shield just for shield sp along with your main job.

Also, you should mix up your spells based on what you are fighting. The increases from your elemental points is much less than casting according to an enemies weakness.
By Dubont 2011-01-27 22:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tankue said:

Also, you should mix up your spells based on what you are fighting. The increases from your elemental points is much less than casting according to an enemies weakness.
I try to, but I haven't seen a list of which mobs are weak to what yet so I keep those 3 as my main because if one doesn't do enough damage, one of them most likely will
By Tankue 2011-01-27 22:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can tell by the crystals they drop.. There is a chart around somewhere. I will post it if I come across it again.
By MiracleWorks 2011-01-28 00:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

FallenRapture said:
Plus the fact that it has more of the element % that you like to use thunder 80% and fire 20%. again i don't know if the element % increase dmg or not

don't quote me, but from what I've seen those % on casting weps are for phantom dart only etc