New Greedalox Quest
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-02 14:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Awww quit bagging on the PS2 players.... just quit hoarding useless junk. And if you're running out of space really *** what you're keeping? Do you really need every bit of rare/ex gear?

It's entirely possible to work within the space limitations at hand. I've maxed out everything given so far, have 5 75's and I don't have a mule... Would I like more space? Sure! But am I going to bag on my FELLOW PS2 players? NO...

And what if you have 8 75's, or 10 75's with multiple sets per job? There is no way you can max all your jobs with the space on hand currently. You would be forced to reduce one job to max another, which goes against letting players level all jobs on one character in the first place.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-02 14:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright fine, complain!

I guess some people just want to be all things to all people. God forbid anyone has to make any tough choices. Honestly, If you really want to play another job and max it out with gear, merits etc... play it on an alt toon!

I feel no sympathy for folks in the position you described. Pick a few jobs and play those well... IF that's not enough level your alt, it's not like people out there don't have mules they couldn't play.
 Carbuncle.Alexsandro
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Alexsandro 2009-03-02 14:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

play on an Alt toon? what are you stupid.... redo fame/missions/subs etc. all over again to lvl the job you wanted to 75... due to having all this on your main and the accessability of being able to switch jobs and gear w/o relogs and painful mule DB's/trades. I play all of my jobs well and like having 7 75's on my main to lvl another toon would be an insane amount of time to get that extra 75 you could easily lvl and max on your main in 1/4 of the time expended. Please your post is fail Malekith
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-02 14:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO... dude I was being condescending, I just have no sympathy for people crying for more space.

All I was suggesting was that there is an alternative. If they don't like how things are... and if they don't want to do it then that's on them.

End of story...

Btw Alexsandro IF you want to come at me... proper spelling, grammar and punctuation are required... All I could discern from that wall of text was QQ whine, fail post and then I saw my name...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-02 14:32:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the reason Mog Lockers were created was to add more inventory to dodge around the memory limitations of space in one set box. So why don't they just repeat the process? Make more boxes of whatever limited number it is they can get away with... Mog Safe, Mog Locker, add some Mog Box(es)!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-02 14:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You and I both know thats not feasable. You expect people to go through all the missions and quests 2, 3 or 4 times? And, I'm sure that so many LS's are willing to give people multiple pairs of Haidate, multiple Homam sets etc. I know some people already do this and great for them, but most of us w/ jobs and families and such are already pressed hard for time to do all this stuff on one character let alone multiples.

The problem is that SE was short sighted when they created the job system. They have admitted they didn't think the game would last this long and its starting to really show in certain areas of the game. When FFXI was first released wasn't being able to level all jobs on one toon one of the major selling points of the game? This is just one of those cases where they need to bite the bullet and just fix it.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-02 14:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Look when someone has X number of 75's human nature will be, unless they're fail, such that they'll want to gear those jobs right.

That just puts them in competition and direct opposition vs. someone who maybe has 1 or 2 of those jobs.

So now we're in SKY, SEA, LIMBUS, EINHERJAR, DYNAMIS... wherever AND this person with the mulitple 75's is competing for "Y drop" with everyone else. The lootwhorishness is repugnant to me.

Look nature abhors a vaccum, IF you give people more space THEN they're going to fill it. IF You give people more room THEN they're gonna want more gear, even though it may be for a job they play only once-in-a-while on a situational basis.

The current system may be flawed, HOWEVER you can store some gear sets as in the case of AF and RELIC and while that gear MAY NOT be UBER (compared to-whatever-you-wish-you-were-wearing-but-can't-because-you-have-space-limitations) you can still wear it and perform adequately.

No one has a right be uber in every job, make some choices and decide what you are. Doing so doesn't mean you can't level the other jobs it just means you can't be better than everyone who fulltimes that next job you want to gear up to be uber.

Anyways I made a suggestion around it, people panned it. Hey... your choice. However the funny thing is, in light of how SE is so freely wielding the banhammer these days, wouldn't it be a smart idea to have an alt just in case? While I'd imagine most would quit if they were forced out, I know some would want to play on, atleast then they wouldn't have to totally start over.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-02 15:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't complain, but i want more space too! Can't wait to see whats in store^^
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-02 15:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tavlov said:
I don't complain, but i want more space too! Can't wait to see whats in store^^

^ this!

Now there's someone with the right attitude!
 Midgardsormr.Lysidia
user: Lysidia
By Midgardsormr.Lysidia 2009-03-02 15:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy they decided to offer more storage space. I'm not too interested in the politics. I do hope it's not too expensive to get it done... I just recently got the last one.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-02 15:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

IF it's anything like the past upgrades it'll be expensive for the first month or two on account of me-firsters, us rank and file will just have to wait for the hysteria to die down.
 Midgardsormr.Lysidia
user: Lysidia
By Midgardsormr.Lysidia 2009-03-02 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you can get on when it first goes public, maybe...
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-03-02 15:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Dear Square-Enix,

User submitted image

Sincerely,

FanniePacksROX

LMAO OMG this made me laugh so *** hard
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-02 15:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Needz moar booty, damn it.

EDIT
Yeah, I like space too. BUT..I wish people would just play to the best of their abilities with what they're given, space wise and stop QQing. Recycling gear is also an option.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-02 15:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr half of these..

But whats needed is not more space, but ways of being able to store all this r/ex gear they keep feeding down our necks. If I was able to get rid of all my r/ex equipment thats not already able to be stored in sets, I'd have an extra 15-20 spaces free easily.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-02 16:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it's because of the cleavage displayed by your current avatar celene but I read your reply as, "Needz moar booby, damn it."

Either way, I'm inclined to agree!
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-03-02 16:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't go wrong with both, right?
;D
 Shiva.Tobar
Server: Shiva
user: Tobar
By Shiva.Tobar 2009-03-02 16:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just two words.......

Maat Cap
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-02 16:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Look when someone has X number of 75's human nature will be, unless they're fail, such that they'll want to gear those jobs right.

So, basically, you fail because you have more than 3 75s (and thats all the gear you can hold currently, unless you don't hold any keys or other useful items you might need later on)?

Maybe some people only level a job to see if they like it, and find out they don't after they get it to 75. They like another job better, and end up "retiring" their old 75 job (in my case, I didn't like BRD anymore when I got RDM to 75, and now, I hate BRD now that my BLM is at 75). Just because somebody has a job leveled to 75 doesn't mean they love it anymore and actually keep it equiped.

So basically, according to your definition of "when someone has X number of 75's human nature will be, unless they're fail, such that they'll want to gear those jobs right" means anyone, like you, is an automatic failure. Nice way to bring down most every endgamer on the game....
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-02 16:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You take the good you take the bad, you take them both and what do you have... moar booty and booby, and a lot of happy men
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-02 16:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Blah Blah Blah

You're such an idiot xD

I swear, you read somebody's post, spin the meaning entirely, then start flaming them for it. Have you really nothing bettr to do? Malekith didn't say any of that, not once, lol. You really are just a pathetic child looking for a fight after all, eh?

Do so love watching, keep it up =)
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-02 16:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Korpg said:
Blah Blah Blah

You're such an idiot xD

You do realized that Malekith just insulted you, right?

Yet, you insult me for pointing that out?
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-02 16:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Woooooooodum changed the avatar O.o
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-02 16:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Wooooodum said:
Korpg said:
Blah Blah Blah

You're such an idiot xD

You do realized that Malekith just insulted you, right?

Yet, you insult me for pointing that out?

No he didn't. Read my Ninja edit!

Wooooodum said:
Korpg said:
Blah Blah Blah

You're such an idiot xD

I swear, you read somebody's post, spin the meaning entirely, then start flaming them for it. Have you really nothing bettr to do? Malekith didn't say any of that, not once, lol. You really are just a pathetic child looking for a fight after all, eh?

Do so love watching, keep it up =)
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-02 16:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lool ninja edit
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-02 16:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

Look, the first sentence he said in this post is this...

Make sure you read it this time....

Malekith said:

He said....if you have X number of 75s, you will want to gear those jobs right.

So far, we have enough space to properly gear 3 jobs (4 without any Mage jobs), and he is pretty much saying if you have 5+ jobs to 75, you are an automatic failure because you cannot have enough space to keep those jobs geared up.

There is no other meaning to this. No matter what you say, that is what he ment by this. He is calling out most endgamers (those who have more than 5 jobs leveled to 75) and you are bashing me for pointing out that he is bashing you.

Ninja edit or not, you have to realize that.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-02 16:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

STARTING PRESUMPTION
Malekith said:

WHY THIS IS BAD
Malekith said:
That just puts them in competition and direct opposition vs. someone who maybe has 1 or 2 of those jobs.

ILLUSTRATION
Malekith said:
So now we're in SKY, SEA, LIMBUS, EINHERJAR, DYNAMIS... wherever AND this person with the mulitple 75's is competing for "Y drop" with everyone else. The lootwhorishness is repugnant to me.

MAIN POINT
Malekith said:
No one has a right be uber in every job, make some choices and decide what you are. Doing so doesn't mean you can't level the other jobs it just means you can't be better than everyone who fulltimes that next job you want to gear up to be uber.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-02 16:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg. Give it up, lol. You are not intelligent. You're just being pedantic in a rubbish attempt at flaming Malekith.

Korpg said:
Ninja edit or not, you have to realize that.

Because you say so? I choose not to acknowledge your points because your stupidity and ego make my IQ drop by double digits when I read your posts.

So no, I don't "have" to realise anything. I already know you're a pompous idiot. What more do I need to know, sweety? <3
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-02 16:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
STARTING PRESUMPTION
Malekith said:
Look when someone has X number of 75's human nature will be, unless they're fail, such that they'll want to gear those jobs right

WHY THIS IS BAD
Malekith said:

ILLUSTRATION
Malekith said:

MAIN POINT
Malekith said:

Thanks for proving my point again.

Not everyone is like you though. We aren't all lootwhores. Some of us, only have 1 (maybe 2) "main" jobs, and only want to properly gear that 1 (or those 2) jobs well. See, you assume that everyone who has a level 75 will automatically be a lootwhore, but sometimes, we just level a job for the fun of leveling a job to 75.

So basically, stop assuming that everyone is like you. You will go a long way by that thinking.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-02 16:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

Because you say so? I choose not to acknowledge your points because your stupidity and ego make my IQ drop by double digits when I read your posts.

So basically, you went from a 15 to a 2 now?