Forum » FFXI » General » Come back.
Come back.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2011-01-11 00:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I deleted my character August 2 last year. A lot has happened, especially in the past week and I'm considering coming back. Is the game still enjoyable? It seemed to be going in a very different direction since last summer. Would I be able to recover my character? Any other thoughts?

I need a hug.
[+]
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2011-01-11 00:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

WoW is still going i think
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-11 00:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
I deleted my character August 2 last year. A lot has happened, especially in the past week and I'm considering coming back. Is the game still enjoyable? It seemed to be going in a very different direction since last summer. Would I be able to recover my character? Any other thoughts?

I need a hug.

you'd have to talk to a GM to see about that recovery thing, other than that the game is still very much enjoyable.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-11 08:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ya sure come back, character recover should be no prob someone just recovered their character that had been deleted for 4 years.
 Phoenix.Maeya
Server: Phoenix
user: Maeya
By Phoenix.Maeya 2011-01-11 08:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

-hugs!-

I'm feeling nice today.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2011-01-11 09:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

*walks up, head down*

*stops in front of Zef, raises head and gives her a VPS (Vana'diel Postal Service) package*

*turns and walks away*

(the words "Important! Open immediately!" are written on the package)

*Zef rips open the package looks inside and a devilish grin comes across her face*

*Zef pulls out an old tattered BLM hat with a note inside reading: "Welcome back!"*

/end-bored

Sorry. But yeah, XI still has it's ups and downs. All-in-all it's still fun to play.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-11 09:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Within the last 6 months, several people on my FL that have quit over the years has returned. I was thrilled to see them each time. FFXI has lost alot of the challenges, imo, that it offered years ago, but is still fun too. But instead of being challenged, you have to create the challenges^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2011-01-11 12:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Aion it out.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2011-01-11 12:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Within the last 6 months, several people on my FL that have quit over the years has returned. I was thrilled to see them each time. FFXI has lost alot of the challenges, imo, that it offered years ago, but is still fun too. But instead of being challenged, you have to create the challenges^^

geez well
making money and trying not to get ninja lotted is a challenge
and dealing with common greedy *** seems about the same of a challenge.

Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-11 12:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:

I need a hug.

It seems we get a thread like this every day now.

I'll offer my becoming-routine advice on the topic:

"Is the game still enjoyable?"

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: A lot of the dynamics of partying, EXP'ing, gearing, tanking, and endgame activities have all changed drastically since you were here, but if you have an open mind and can adapt without getting overwhelmed by a very large amount of new/different game content, then you will enjoy FFXI again, yes, and probably even more so thatn you used to.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-11 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Zef is ready for some more XI woo!
 Bismarck.Selzak
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-01-11 13:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:

I need a hug.
Bad news:
You probably won't be able to get your character back.

Good news:
The game is quite different, and you will probably be able to get back to where you were a lot faster than you think.
 Leviathan.Krush
Server: Leviathan
user: Doc2love
By Leviathan.Krush 2011-01-11 13:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I got mine back. Took about one month because of server merger.
 Bismarck.Enzoe
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2011-01-11 13:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/crs/

This website is the place to reactivate your old account. After 3 months the delete your info but you can still "reactivate" your character at this website. They will carry your info there for up to a year.

Last time I used it I saw mules in it I deleted way over a year ago. They will appear with lvl 1 new character gear in the database on that website, but don't worry, your stuff is probably still in there too.
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2011-01-11 14:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

reopen the account, resub. to pol/ffxi. go to the ffxi/pol website. find the services menu and go to character restoration - make sure you have the open content ID: you'll see the name of the character on the list of character that can be restored. click. pay the 15$ or however much it is ( I forgot ) - everyone else, research before opening your mouth. I.E. "can't be restored". it can be and it has nothing to do with a GM takes 2 minutes and about 20 bucks. Has to be the same acount, and the content ID as to be RESTORED do not buy another content ID from the pol service menu. Instead of buy ID, select RESTORE content ID. If you don't - then you won't be able to restore the deleted character until you do. Hope this helps.

Mari.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2011-01-11 14:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, thank you for the kind responses and PMs, your words mean a lot right now.

Also, I'm sure there are a ton of threads like this and I'm sorry if it's redundant.

Thank you for the info about the restoration. I thought I'd have to call them up, but I guess they've changed the procedure over the years. :3

Finally, I'm just looking for a friendly and active community, whether it be on Caitsith or elsewhere. Something to keep me going, it's really hard to right now.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2011-01-11 14:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't come back and transfer, we'd miss you all over again =(
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-11 14:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:

I need a hug.
Do eet

and /hugs