Adze
First Page 2
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-01-02 09:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I need the Key item from this guy, i have never fought him so i am asking to any who has fought him can I solo him on 90 MNK/WAR with temp items, temp item Doom Screen, atma of the razed ruins + atma of the gnarled horn. Fanatics drink, Stalwarts Drink + 2hr. wiki does not say how much HP he has so im wondering if i could take him out like this?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 09:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly.. but he can enpetrify too you know.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 09:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try doom screen + fools drink instead of fanatic to deal with all those nasty status effects and then just hope you survive... ;)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 10:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

He has low HP. High evasion (for a Visions mob... won't be bad at 90 especially with Stalwart's), he hurts a decent amount (~225 a hit without PDT) and attacks fast and can Triple. That said, given appropriate preparations I think you could simply just zerg it down.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 10:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it really hit for that little? Hmmm maybe I could rdm/blu tank it with some cursna/stona support
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 10:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you don't lose hate when enPetra'd unlike mobs like Warbler either, so it'd stick to you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 10:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have sam/war :(
 Sylph.Skinner
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2011-01-02 10:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

THF can solo him fairly easily just evasion tanking -- if you have that option. Failing that, your setup and battle plan will work fine providing you don't get doomed to early or petrified. The NM has really low HP as someone already stated, you will drop him fast. From what i can tell he rotates through his en-xxx. Para->..->Whatever->..->Doom. Doom always seems to be last in the rotation. I can't say that for sure, but that's how it seems to be in my experience with the NM.

Another thing i just thought of, i remember pulling him and getting 2 adds so i popped a fanatics drink. It didn't work and Adze still managed to clatter me for damage.. I do think you'll kill it before it kills you, so i wouldn't worry :) Good Luck!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 11:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
THF can solo him fairly easily just evasion tanking -- if you have that option

Can it? There's the possibility that I just suck at Evasion tanking but my impressions were completely different. He attacks very fast, Triples a lot, and surely the 20% hitrate is going to crap out on you sooner or later? Not to mention if he hits you once and gets EnSlow2 on you, your timers are screwed. Enstone and you're pretty much gone. Endoom and you'd better hope Holies process, etc...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 11:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
THF can solo him fairly easily just evasion tanking -- if you have that option
Can it? There's the possibility that I just suck at Evasion tanking but my impressions were completely different. He attacks very fast, Triples a lot, and surely the 20% hitrate is going to crap out on you sooner or later? Not to mention if he hits you once and gets EnSlow2 on you, your timers are screwed. Enstone and you're pretty much gone. Endoom and you'd better hope Holies process, etc...
Full evasion he shouldn't have a 20% hit rate on you...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 11:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He will given that's the minimum!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 11:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
He will given that's the minimum!
Really? I always thought it was 5... or is it special for nms? Though even lately I've had much lower than 20% against me when I've had enough evasion. Like only using ichi and putting it back up as soon as I hit 1 shadow left with no outside haste or slow on mob
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2011-01-02 11:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't land an attack 20% of the time, that's for sure. If he does something is up. Are you using an Evasion atma to help you?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 11:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No evasion atma! But multiple tests have shown floored hitrate to be 20% and from my experience this has always proven true. Evasion likes to crap out on you at the worst possible times.

EDIT: From wiki:

* Your Hit Rate cannot drop below 20% nor can it be raised beyond 95%, so adjusting accuracy above or below these limits will not have an effect on your Hit Rate. These limits also apply to a monster's accuracy as well.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 11:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk I'd love to see a lvl 1 mob hit you even 10% of the time... more importantly anyone who has a mage who has randomly tried to melee things for fun with no skill can tell you hit rate is way worse than 20%. You will litterally get tp faster from nuking if you have that newish job trait
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 11:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It does! These are well-established tests. Parse a fight like Aquarius solo and work out what your eva rate comes out to be at the end. Always around the 80% evasion mark (20% enemy hit rate).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 11:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It does! These are well-established tests. Parse a fight like Aquarius solo and work out what your eva rate comes out to be at the end. Always around the 80% evasion mark (20% enemy hit rate).
I deny it or posit that things have changed and wiki being wiki needs another 6-8 months to figure it out.

Seriously I've been tanking on thf lately including mobs that Double attack often and the only time I took any hits without haste or debuffs on the mob was when I would get back to back muted... *** mute. 1 shadow and my evasion was more than enough to outlast a single mute without a single hit landing.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-02 11:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

also find this 20% floor hard to believe :|
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2011-01-02 11:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Later today i'll go kill Adze and i'll let you know what its attack rate is on me. If you are right and it is a 20% attack rate i will be seriously shocked. I'm interested to find out now! Simply because it means every 3-5 rounds of Adze's attacks i should be about to cast a shadow.. I don't think that's right, i don't remember casting that much. Been a while though! I'll let you know if i ever get out of this never-ending EXP party marathon.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-02 11:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you are eye balling. Unless you parse your self, you have no idea if the mob has a 20% hit rate or not.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 11:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Sounds like you are eye balling. Unless you parse your self, you have no idea if the mob has a 20% hit rate or not.
True but some eyeballing is so far different from stuff that it's clear even with eyeballing error something is up... like fighting TWs constantly and your shadows often wearing off because the 15 min time limit is up.

With that and my 2nd evasion dagger finish I shall attempt a solo today... GH and double evasion superiour atmas ftw too!!! jk RR of course
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 11:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just wondering how you solo'd it because with near perfect eva gear on 90 THF with 4 Evasion merits and what felt capped evasion rate, it was still ripping shadows an uncomfortable amount. Without slow2/para2 from support mage I fear it would've gone south if I had anything but great luck.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-02 11:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda zerged it with rdm+rdm+mnk just messing around in there months ago, didnt proc blue or have th and overall been 2/3 on belt and 2/3 on neck.. just kite around a rock if ***starts going bad lol

dont mess around in tahrongi much
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 11:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw what exactly is "low hp". Since alot of roaming/T1 seem to have 25-35k is this like 15-20k?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-02 12:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, probably around that region.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 12:07:57