Record Of Misuse Of FFXIAH (By Us The Users)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Record of misuse of FFXIAH (By us the users)
Record of misuse of FFXIAH (By us the users)
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Irishlass
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-02 09:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi. I would like to start a topic to record the misuse of this website. I have read the rules believe that some people are still allowed to participate regardless of consequences. I would like this just to be a record for us the users. So if you see something that looks like it is breaking the rules quote it here. Then we can discuss whether or not that person actually is breaking the rules or just stating an opinion. I know it is not for us to decide but I think our opinion should count for something. And I for one would like to know just what we can and can not get away with in black and white.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-02 09:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2011-01-02 09:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting idea, but this isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship, and to be honest I'm happier with it that way because I have neither the time nor inclination to vote for anything here. As long as Vigor keeps getting banned, I'll fall in line with the other proletariat and obey our bourgeois leaders.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-02 09:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's unsurprising giving the nature of the topic that Flion was the first to post a stupid picture.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-02 09:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
Interesting idea, but this isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship, and to be honest I'm happier with it that way because I have neither the time nor inclination to vote for anything here. As long as Vigor keeps getting banned, I'll fall in line with the other proletariat and obey our bourgeois leaders.

I am so glad you pointed this out. Even If you do not post a record about misuse here. To let us know that this is a "dictatorship" will definitly get some people thinking about things.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-02 09:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:
It's unsurprising giving the nature of the topic that Flion was the first to post a stupid picture.

It's technically text. But don't worry I'll let it slide.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2011-01-02 09:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
Code

I am so glad you pointed this out. Even If you do not post a record about misuse here. To let us know that this is a "dictatorship" will definitly get some people thinking about things.

Possibly, yes. But in this sense, dictatorship isn't a bad thing. In the real world, an oppressive dictatorship partly refers to the people who pay for the government with sweat, blood, and taxes, are being kept down and don't have a say in how things work. None of us pay for anything at FFXIAH, it's a free service that we don't have to use if we don't want to.

Scragg and Jaerik even promoted a few of us poor proletariat to positions of power as moderators...but if everyone is a moderator, who is in charge? Most of us just come here to talk to other (somewhat) like-minded people, and aren't interested in taking personal responsibility for the goings-on of the forum behind the scenes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 09:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Or will it?
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-02 09:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
Code

My guests do not have the right to democratically decide what goes on in my *** house. My house. My rules.

This website is somewhat similar. We're guests in Jaerik's house. While this is a community, the owners do have every right to set the rules, run the site as they see fit, and to ban whomever they want for whatever reason they want.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2011-01-02 09:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I agree with what the OP is trying to say, its the same thing as tv or radio. If you don't like what is on, change the station. Don't whine, don't protest outside of headquarters. (I will never understand people who have the time to do things like that) There are plenty of other ffxi forums out there. If you don't like one of them, try another. You can still use ffxiah without the forums
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-02 09:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
Scragg and Jaerik even promoted a few of us poor proletariat to positions of power as moderators...but if everyone is a moderator, who is in charge? Most of us just come here to talk to other (somewhat) like-minded people, and aren't interested in taking personal responsibility for the goings-on of the forum behind the scenes.

Are you one of the promoted few? Is this why you are attempting to shut this down before it gets started?

All I want is a record a place for people to get it out so they can move past it. I for one can not move past things without some kind of justice. Do you think a record is to much to ask of this dictatorship?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 09:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You fail at quoting!!! Which is sad with a quote button and all. And no there are no mods on right now. They would be green btw to let you know
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2011-01-02 09:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
Code

Are you one of the promoted few? Is this why you are attempting to shut this down before it gets started?

Nope, I'd have a green bar on my posts if I did. Krizz, Anye, and Alyria all have it, I'm sure you've noticed it before.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-02 09:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but you're female and Irish so I forgive you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-02 10:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
This thread is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but you're female and Irish so I forgive you.

ROFL.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-02 10:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No but seriously anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can sense when they have crossed the line, if they don't 9/10 the mods do a good job telling them.

You don't need a thread with do's and dont's like a kid, just have some common sense and don't be a *** (all the time >_>)
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-02 10:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
Nope, I'd have a green bar on my posts if I did. Krizz, Anye, and Alyria all have it, I'm sure you've noticed it before.

I have seen the green bar. Sometimes when you are in a position of power it is not in your best interest to address things directly. You may or may not be trying to influence this thread. I can not prove this. All I want is a record. But if those that control the threads are threatened by this they may want to put this kind of thing in the rules.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-01-02 10:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this sums this thread up...
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-02 10:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
You don't need a thread with do's and dont's like a kid, just have some common sense and don't be a *** (all the time >_>).

Rule broken here
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-02 10:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Eiky that's spot on mate.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-02 10:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
Code
You don't need a thread with do's and dont's like a kid, just have some common sense and don't be a *** (all the time >_>).
Rule broken here

What?

Are you really so stupid that you need to be told what's right and wrong? I would like you to point out to me what "rule" I just broke. Wow you have succeeded in annoying me more than Excelior in less than one page, you might want to record that.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-01-02 10:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Sag, I'm so glad your still around!
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-02 10:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Code

What?

Are you really so stupid that you need to be told what's right and wrong? I would like you to point out to me what "rule" I just broke. Wow you have succeeded in annoying me more than Excelior in less than one page, you might want to record that.

Code
Courtesy

Common courtesy is a respect everyone should give and receive on the forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether you agree with it or not, and should be treated with courtesy as you would want for yourself.

Debates and arguments are a perfectly acceptable part of forum dialogue. While some tend to get heated, mutual respect is still required. You are urged to keep topics on track so that others can find the thread useful to the information they may be seeking. Threads that are created should be under the appropriate category and provided with the information the poster is giving or wants to receive.

Derails or trolling will always happen on any type of forum, but for most cases, we ask you to keep the following guidelines in mind.

[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 10:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All this Code fail quoting is making things really confusing. Just hit the goddamn quote button
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2011-01-02 10:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irishlass said:
Code

I have seen the green bar. Sometimes when you are in a position of power it is not in your best interest to address things directly. You may or may not be trying to influence this thread. I can not prove this. All I want is a record. But if those that control the threads are threatened by this they may want to put this kind of thing in the rules.

I won't insult you for starting this thread, because the theory behind it is a sound one. After all, without someone to start a revolution, world history would look very different. Heck, America probably wouldn't exist.

However, we aren't being oppressed here. We're free to come and go as we please, and the rules are set and upheld by the people who created this place. Of course there are gray area issues, but that's part of what makes the discussions livelier. If everything was black and white and we all called each other out every time someone says something out of line, there would be no debates at all.

In a sense, a revolution of this sort would be the worst thing to happen to our community because, ironically, it would take away our freedom of speech completely.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-02 10:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know your Irish, but quoting randomly from other people is not answering my question.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-02 10:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Im not good with it can you still read it? lol
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-01-02 10:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I had to post it Sagi..it perfectly fit this one :P
 Cerberus.Irishlass
By Cerberus.Irishlass 2011-01-02 10:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
I know your Irish, but quoting randomly from other people is not answering my question.

Its from da rules
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-01-02 10:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't going to end well
[+]
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14