Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » AF3 body vs Redingote
AF3 body vs Redingote
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-01 12:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering wether the +5% increase to blood pact damage on Caller's doublet +1 would would beat the pet: MAB+7 on Royal redingote, and by how much.

Especially while using these pieces together

I'm missing caller's sash out of that, and could get a MAB+ ACP earring.

I don't fully understand how MAB works (too lazy to try understand lol) But would that combined MAB make enough difference for redingote to be still worth wearing over AF3 for merit BPs? Or would the Caller's doublet just always win.

Thanks.
 Odin.Gabronth
Server: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2011-01-01 13:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

5% beats 7mab and as far as sash goes rly want diabolos's rope once u get +2 set bonus since it works the same as blm set bonus
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-01 13:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's my understanding that avatars are considered BLMs as far as traits and such go? If so, AF3 wins easily. Especially since they'll benefit from atma, but even without.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-02 20:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Gabronth said:
5% beats 7mab and as far as sash goes rly want diabolos's rope once u get +2 set bonus since it works the same as blm set bonus

How potent is the increase in dmg from the +2 set bonus, to be honest that doesn't sound like something you would gear full blood boon for over MAB if it's not something incredible, "occasionally if blood boon activates" is like a proc within a proc (yo dawg I herd you liek procs.)

As for diabolos's rope vs callers sash on that matter, I would call that similar to a BLM using Austerity belt to try get conserve MP to proc for their +2 bonus.

tl;dr I would rather have a consistent MAB+2 than trying to get the +2 set bonus to proc unless it has a high procrate when blood boon kicks in and/or is a big increase in BP damage.

Also not sure when i'm actually gonna get even 1 af3 +2 piece let alone enough for the set bonus D:
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-02 21:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Af3+1 has outdone everything for both pysical/magical Bloodpacts.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-02 21:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Af3+1 has outdone everything for both pysical/magical Bloodpacts.

Not quite

No hands has come close to these or the +1 of them for physical or magic BPs

I always macro these into physical pacts, and probably still might even after getting caller's spats +1, since TP bonus doesnt affect physical pacts.

AF3 feet enhances magic accuracy also does nothing for physical pacts, relic would be better to macro in to them (If I had them)

EDIT: Unless you mean just the body for phys/magical pacts, which yeah it does.