This video says alot
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-02-23 11:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Evening everyone

Just came across this on Youtube and thought id share, it really is worth watching all of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARghlVjBab0&eurl=http://www.staronion.com/maiev/nfblog/?page_id=603
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-02-23 11:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen this before and it always makes me tear.

I miss those days a lot :| The game just what it use to be to me anymore, without all my adventuring buddies. The new breed of FFXI players is a lazy one. No one seems to remember how to have fun or explore.

Everyone just cares about that one merit, or that one piece of gear. When the game is dead and gone, no one will care about your merits and gear, those items will be meaningless then. A friendship isn't a meaningless item. When the end has come you'll still have those friendships and all those little pleasant memories.

Friends are cool. :] If it weren't for your friends the game would be too dull and boring. At least, that is how I would feel about it.

After having my old main deleted, it was only because of my few remaining friends, did I come back. <3 Friends <3
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-23 12:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easy to get caught up in end-game, devoting yourself to getting better and better, and forget to stop and have some fun with your friends. It's not a bad thing to play for a day and have "achieved nothing" at the end of it if you're having with your friends.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-23 12:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'd seen that before but it's nice seeing it again from time to time. Helps keep things in perspective...

I miss those early days, too. So many friends have quit the game over the years...so many in game friendships drifted apart in the endless grind.

/sigh
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-02-23 12:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
it's nice seeing it again from time to time. Helps keep things in perspective...

This ^
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-02-23 12:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

awww, i miss those days. nice little vid.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-02-23 12:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeting Again!!!