What Is Required To Pop Ruminator?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » What is required to pop Ruminator?
What is required to pop Ruminator?
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-12-18 17:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've looked on allakhazam and ffxiclopedia, and haven't stumbled upon what is required to pop this tier III NM. I really want my katana today or tomorrow. So can someone please clarify what is required?

Thank you much appreciated.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-18 17:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just need to kill the t1 and t2 NMs first, may take multiple tires for keyitem to drop. When you have Scarlet Demilune Abyssite, you can pop Ruminator.

Any t1 > Brooder > Ruminator.

I wouldn't mind tagging along if nobody needed heafoc's mitts.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-18 17:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The tier 3 abyssite, which you get from killing tier 2 NMs enough to upgrade it (random chance). You get the tier 2 abyssite by killing tier 1 NMs. They work exactly like the VNMs outside of Abyssea.

Edit: BEAT.
 Sylph.Katalsar
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-12-18 17:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I will hit you up when i log in. Going to be later tonight though Going to go see TRON tonight.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-18 18:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I have the Abyssite that tells weakness now, so proccing blue would be pretty easy.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-12-18 18:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay since I actually have the katana ill shed light on how to obtain. Its not hard and can be low manned. First off go monk tiger and bring staff club and your hand to hands. Also bring a thf to stack th8 on the mob via ta on the tank. If your eva is enough op you can tank this. Also this is assuming tiger is a fully skilled monk. Club staff and hand to hand covers 14/15 of the ws needed for blue trigger during blunt time 22:00 to 6:00 so that means you need to pop this at 22:00 not before and not too much after. Remember you can't proc during spell casting or tp moves. If you do please repeat because you did infact mess up. Now a good rdm or whm would suffice as healer and blm for killing it faster will help a lot. I went several time with blue and no drop so bring the thf. With blue and th you will most certainly get the drop. Don't noob this and bring people you trust and the hochomasamune will be yours. Other katanas do out dmg this now but a good ninja knows the importance of the fast cast and 10 dex on this. 10 percent fast cast and 5 percent recast. Invaluable. Good luck.
 Shiva.Ravager
Server: Shiva
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2010-12-18 19:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
blunt time 22:00 to 6:00

It's actually proven to be 22:00 to 7:00.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Darkelv
user: Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2011-01-25 15:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, sry for bringing this back up...
is the pop item for Ruminator only pure luck drop? or does red !! on Brooder help? I'm about 0/too many to count with about 5-6 red triggers. Should I better bring THF then WAR for red?

And are there any known spawn locations for Ruminator? Couldn't find out yet without pop item :/

Thx in advance
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-01-25 15:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

VNM Abyssites are just random chance. I've proced Red on a few T2s and didn't get a change in abyssite. As for spawn locations, I suggest just going to each conflux and resting when you have then T3 Abyssite. Takes a little over a minute to check locations this way.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-25 15:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruminator wanders over a large area of the map. Try conflux 8 or by the southern gigas sets.

Converting up is purely luck based. Red/Grellow/Blue !! seem to have no effect. I personally go something like 1/3 to 1/4 on T3 VNM converts on average.
 Bahamut.Darkelv
user: Darkelv
By Bahamut.Darkelv 2011-01-25 23:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the infos, I really appreciated it.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-26 00:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

as far as the resistance to dmg used on it, would it be impossible to kill with whm+war? I only killed it one time months ago before anyone had atmas and it was a beast, but wanting these hands again on my taru
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-01-26 00:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
as far as the resistance to dmg used on it, would it be impossible to kill with whm+war? I only killed it one time months ago before anyone had atmas and it was a beast, but wanting these hands again on my taru
WHM and WAR won't have any problems. Viruna spam'll get kinda annoying, though.

NIN/DNC can solo him np. So, WHM and WAR will breeze through it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-26 00:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see why not given my experiences at 85. He never built any significant -DT against us, but I'm pretty sure whatever -DT mechanics (whether type-specific or general -DT) he may have are tied to his use of 2hr. Faster you kill, less of an issue it will be.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-26 00:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darkelv said:
Hi, sry for bringing this back up...
is the pop item for Ruminator only pure luck drop? or does red !! on Brooder help? I'm about 0/too many to count with about 5-6 red triggers. Should I better bring THF then WAR for red?

And are there any known spawn locations for Ruminator? Couldn't find out yet without pop item :/

Thx in advance

Best way is to try to get the boots to drop, then it'll change faster.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-07 16:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

drop rate on Hochomasamune is terrible, we killed 3x the other night got blue!! every single time and it was being tanked by a THF every time ; ;

the only purpose of this post is usually if i *** enough it changes my luck ^^
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-02-07 16:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Best way is to try to get the boots to drop, then it'll change faster.

Truer words were never spoken.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-07 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pop Brooder for azure light like a boss, guaranteed upgrade.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-07 16:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I had terrible luck on changing my T1 -> T2 but seems like from T2 -> T3 it changed every time. My friend changed his T1s to T2s really easily though made me pissed haha :)
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-07 16:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It normally took me 10~15 T1 to get color change. The worst streak I had it took me 87. But i've gone 1/1 on T2 alot..glad I have boots and never need to freakin worry about this damn VNM again.