Can Someone Link Me Vista POL Viewer Download Page?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Can someone link me Vista POL viewer download page?
Can someone link me Vista POL viewer download page?
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-22 08:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if it's just cause it's too *** early and I'm too tired or what, but I'm running in circles on the POL website trying to find the stupid vista compatible POL viewer to no avail.

Anyone that can find it wanna help me out? I just need the link to the page where I can download it...

Thanks!
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-02-22 08:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/win/win01.html?pageID=win
BIG BLUE BUTTON lol gl
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-22 08:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Brahmdut said:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/win/win01.html?pageID=win
BIG BLUE BUTTON lol gl

Oh, I see where I was *** up, I didn't scroll ALL THE WAY down to the bottom of that one page. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Daskinnybear
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Daskinnybear 2009-02-22 22:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

its not really a vista issue i dont think because im running vista ultimate and didnt have to dl the new POL. unless you are running in 64 mode and all i have to say to that is why? nothing is compatible with it, you have to run a virtual machine to make standard 32 programs run. so all you are doing is making your nice fast new PC slow down cause it has to do double the work. my suggestion is downgrade to 32 version till stuff actually works with 64 or just wait till 64 becomes the standard like 32 is today.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-22 23:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Daskinnybear said:
its not really a vista issue i dont think because im running vista ultimate and didnt have to dl the new POL. unless you are running in 64 mode and all i have to say to that is why? nothing is compatible with it, you have to run a virtual machine to make standard 32 programs run. so all you are doing is making your nice fast new PC slow down cause it has to do double the work. my suggestion is downgrade to 32 version till stuff actually works with 64 or just wait till 64 becomes the standard like 32 is today.

When I installed FFXI on my Vista laptop I had to download the special POL viewer (my install disc is YEARS old, updating is gonna suck ***). Granted that was like over a year ago but as I'm gonna be tearing down my old tower to rebuild my new one in it's shell, I want to have everything I may need on a disc before I get started. Spent the better part of yesterday morning getting 64-bit drivers for my hardware; luckily, everything I have is supported (on paper, anyways, but we'll see).

As for the 32-bit thing, that's definitely my fall back. I've got Vista Home Premium in both 32-bit and 64-bit, and if I run into any major problems I'll simply downgrade to the 32...but I'd rather try and get 64 running. May not be necessary now, but I'll be ahead when it is. Plus I've heard the 64 bit OS's have a little bit of an edge on multitasking, which I do very heavily. Outside of FFXI, I don't play too many PC games...got a 360 for that stuff. ^^