Forum » FFXI » NMs » Tristitia
Tristitia
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2010-12-18 00:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone fought this VNM yet? Looking for info about it and if it can be duo'd by a whm and mnk.
 Asura.Shinagami
Server: Asura
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-12-18 03:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have, its more of a ranged fight, it has nasty shock spikes that do like 100ish dmg so i'd advise against mnk whm duo D:
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-12-18 03:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We straight tanked it on mnk/war or mnk/nin, i forgot. But we had 7 people. Something like war mnk thf whm rdm blm + mules.

Didn't see the spikes being a big deal BUT i saw screenshots of like 1k dmg from spikes, yikes D:
 Alexander.Sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2010-12-18 06:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just duo'd this with a whm friend of mine. The fight was really hairy but we ended up winning a close one. At one point, I got down to 61 HP but lucky for me, he is a really good healer so I never once hit the turf. Biggest problem was his spikes, not due to the damage but because the stun that came with it was almost 100%. Made shadow tanking very difficult but with barthundra his magic wasnt THAT bad. All in all, it was an epic fight that kept us both on the edge of our seats, but i would suggest that if you're going to try to duo, make sure you are both well geared and very well versed in your jobs. No key *** gimps here!
 Alexander.Sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2010-12-18 11:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

finally able to post a few screenshots that I took during the fight.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-18 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

not to be a *** about it, but if that was really hard for you, i'd recommend grabbing the merit abyssites (key item, six of them that increase your hp/mp by 10%/5% each respectively), because 2.6k hp on a mnk (even tarutaru) is super low, and obviously caused some you unneeded friction as far as cure bombing and stability would normally be if you had them <_> lol

i've done that fight before many times, and without question it's much easier than even ketea (vunkerl's t3 avnm), which even then he's pretty easy to handle too
[+]
 Alexander.Sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2010-12-18 11:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to get more of them as of late. I believe im up to 4 abyssites of Merit. Also finishing out my HP merits as well. When I throw on my AF2 body, it usually pushes me a little over 2.8k. Macro just ended up tossing on Shura as I was Tp'ing.
 Asura.Nzuh
Server: Asura
user: nzuh
By Asura.Nzuh 2010-12-22 08:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thought I'd add my experience ~ So I farmed the tier 2 VNM solo on DNC and for the main guy we had WHM BLM BRD RDM with me tanking on DNC.

The thing I would say is by far the worst part of the fight is the proc rate on stun with those shock spikes! I'd recommend setting Murkey Miasma Atma for 'Resist Stun + Major' and maybe eat some Coerl Subs too for additional resist stun.

Having a BLM for stunning Thundaga IV is always nice ~_^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
By Tanduran 2011-02-02 11:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the spikes from him always up?
Can it be dispelled?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-02 11:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They're always up and cannot be dispelled. However, they claim to have fixed a glitch where their damage could increase to one-shottingly large amounts.
 Alexander.Sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2011-02-02 14:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Spikes were always on and could not be dispelled. Barthunder did wonders in mitigating a large portion of damage, the biggest problem is the stun that comes with the spikes. Beyond that, Tristitia wasn't too bad, just more annoying.