"Horns Of War" KSNM99 Strategies?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » "Horns of War" KSNM99 Strategies?
"Horns of War" KSNM99 Strategies?
 Sylph.Michizane
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2010-12-17 17:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

My linkshell is wanting to do "Horns of War" KSNM99 to help our MNK members get their Black Belt. I looked up on wiki to see if it had any tips yet none were listed. Anyone who has experince with this KSNM please reply, any help is welcomed.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-17 17:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuke jobs and SMNs. Gravity, nuke, repeat. Bind for a couple minutes when gravity starts to resist. Don't need RDM to land gravity as long as the job has native enfeebling skill or arts. Barthunder/ra really helps with his aoe stun duration. Everyone make /echo assist macros (or spam /party if you want I guess) to check who meteor is being cast on. Everyone run to Behemoth, person it is being cast on runs away.

Can be done with two competent mages if you wanted. More would make it much faster since he probably wouldn't reach the point that he resists gravity. Keep reraise on, especially for his 1% meteor instant-cast.

Edit: If you have Aspir, spam it. If you have Addle, use it.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-12-17 17:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this at 85 with 2 rdm/sch and a rdm/nin. Just kept gravity on and nuked. Person with hate would run out of range when it casted meteor. When gravity started to resist we would just bind it. Only had 1 death when one of the rdms was standing in magic range while it was at 1% so insta-meteor 1 shot him. >.> Other than that it was a pretty easy fight took about 15~ min.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2010-12-17 17:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I use to run KS99 for my LS so here goes. (my strat is for lvl 75's)

Jobs: PLD 1-2 (W legs preferrably), RDM 1 WHM 1-2, BRD-1, BLM as many as you can, SUM a few, RNG a few.

Have PLD get hate and kite Behemoth up and down the path. Then BLMs use Blizzard 4 and Freeze 2 and bounce hate. If a BLM has hate then run an assist macro helps too.

Insist on everyone taking RR items.

It was easy as 75s as 90's it should be cake.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-17 17:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Check this out~ http://zoome.jp/Phalaos/diary/17
It's a video of BLM/RDM soloing the KSNM at lvl 85.