Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Questions about Gukumatz Nin Solo
Questions about Gukumatz Nin Solo
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-12 18:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So was thinking about trying this NM 90Nin/dnc. My Evasion is capped, with 4/4 Merits. I don't have a ton of EVA gear but this is what I have for EVA: 2x Sekka +2 (Eva +40), SH +1, Boxer's Mantle, Eva Torque, Ungerang, Ethereal Earring, Heed Ring.

Subtle Blow would be capped as well.

Grim Glower was fixed and does petrify now. Was wondering how easy/hard it is to turn around in time when he 'readies' the move? Was also curious about the 'only' way to 'dispel' Grim Glower. Wiki shows you can dispel it with Blind. Does that include Kurayami? I remember trying to get rid of Grim Glower from a regular Peiste with blind, and I don't remember it working lol. Also, if you CAN dispel Grim Glower with Kurayami, would keeping him blinded full time make this move useless? Although now I'm reading that he appears to be immune to Blind lol.

I have 5/6 Merit Abyssite.

What would you recommend for Atmas/Food?
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-12-12 19:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gnarled Horn And Kirin = 90 AGI
Cloak and Dagger and Siren Shadow are both Evasion: Major.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-12 19:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally duo it on thf but same basic rules apply. I think you're already overkill on eva, he wasn't that accurate at 85 and at 90 he's probably floored acc on you with just sekka's. I'd probably say just use gnarled horn and razed ruins, killing faster is always nice and you probably don't need the extra eva. The AGI from GH is nice for the extra subtle blow effect too.

As for grim glower, he seems to do it after he does regurgitation most of the time so if you just turn after he does regurg you should be ok. I've never seen him do it by itself. The petrify effect goes away after about 30sec ish maybe? It's not terribly long and you'll see his eyes stop glowing when it's off so you'll know when you can hit again.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-12 20:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a friend that can come help as WHM or BRD. the hate reset worries me tho.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-12 21:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not getting hit much there's not really that much chance for the other person to build hate. With THF/WHM duo, I normally am able to get hate back in 1-2 rounds of meleeing depending on when in the fight it happens.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-12-12 21:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a taru nin/dnc solo @85. Made it look easy, too bad it took a long time and he didn't proc red !! :/
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-12-12 22:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about the work done on the nin side of it, but my friend and I usually duo it (him on full-blown eva nin and me on rdm) and have no issues at all. I never took hate as rdm, and he's soloed it before without any issue either.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-12 22:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly before they fixed it and it petrifies with Grim Glower? I dunno just thinking if I get hit with Grim glower and then interrupts Stona being cast and I can't do anything to get hate back lol.

Also, does Grim Glower only reset hate when the move is used? Or does it reset hate constantly every time he gazes at you with glowing eyes?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-12 22:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't really get hit by grim glower if you're turning right when you get hit by regurg. It's actually more important that your buddy erases you after regurg so you can run after him if neccesary (or just waltz yourself if you're /dnc)

And it only resets on the start of the move.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Server: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-12-13 09:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pretty much solo all the pop items for Sobek as Nin/Dnc. Only problem for me is the occasional Death from Tyrant Tusk. I used Gnarled Horn/Razed Ruin and pretty much full timed TP gear. Only macroed in Eva gear when I was petrified from Grim glower from Guku.

Edited: fixed typo