Forum » FFXIVPro.com » Suggestions » Revamp Wanted Section
Revamp Wanted Section
 Midgardsormr.Dalimin
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: dalimin
By Midgardsormr.Dalimin 2010-12-07 22:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It is almost as pointless as a wish list. Most people would place ridiculous pricing for the item in question.

Aside from garbage listings, there are problems with the functionality of the Wanted section. You don't even know if the item they want has been satisfied or not, or even the quantity of the item. All it tells you is the time it has been posted. It just leaves you to contact the player to ask basic questions that should have been already answered by looking at the request itself.
By Unmei 2010-12-08 07:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Dalimin said:
You don't even know if the item they want has been satisfied or not, or even the quantity of the item.

This is up to the person who posted the wanted item to remove it once the request has been satisfied not the site 0.0
 Midgardsormr.Dalimin
By Midgardsormr.Dalimin 2010-12-08 11:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
This is up to the person who posted the wanted item to remove it once the request has been satisfied not the site 0.0
That is the problem.
It would make more sense to add an additional field at least for quantity.

So let me give you an example.

Lets say someone wanted an Gold Sand. Yes, it could be assumed he wanted just 1, but what if he wanted 12 or maybe 999.

Also, what if the request has been up for months, is the request fulfilled, or does he want more? Who knows? I would have to PM each person every single time to double check if they still want the item.

This hassle can be avoided, even if you don't want to do a full revamp, a simply quantity field would at least help people deduct if the request has been satisfied.

EG: If someone wanted 1 Gold Sand and the request has been up for months, then most likely the request has been fulfilled.
Oppose to if someone wanted 999 Gold Sand and the request has been up for a week, then most likely the request has not been fulfilled.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-12-08 11:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not our responsibility to monitor every bazaar or wanted item. Also, the poster chooses how long the posting should remain (day, week, month).
By Unmei 2010-12-08 11:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the site going to tell if the request has been satisfied w/o the person who made the request updating it...What your asking is impossible. The quantity thing I agree with you.
 Midgardsormr.Dalimin
By Midgardsormr.Dalimin 2010-12-08 11:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
It's not our responsibility to monitor every bazaar or wanted item. Also, the poster chooses how long the posting should remain (day, week, month).
Not asking for anyone to police of monitor the postings. I'm pointing out the flaws of the system itself that is providing inadequate information.

Quantity is one of them.
Pricing and Satisfied order is the other, but takes a bit more work to fix.
 Midgardsormr.Dalimin
By Midgardsormr.Dalimin 2010-12-08 11:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
How is the site going to tell if the request has been satisfied w/o the person who made the request updating it...What your asking is impossible. The quantity thing I agree with you.
One way that I can think of is put the responsibility on the Player who is planning to fulfill the Requester's order. Since the Player is coming to this site to look at what people want. And if the Player plans to fulfill the order, he can just simply make a comment on the Wanted item.

At least you know if there are people attempting to fulfill the order or not. Even if the Wanted item isn't removed by the Requester at all, you at least have more information about the request.

By DeadPool98 2010-12-10 16:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see the actual stats of the +1,2, or 3 item. I know its like a certain % of the value of the NQ but I don't want to add I m lazy!!! I would also like to them to add the item set option that is currently used on the ffxiah.com site. Thanks!